Musicals

irreverentad

Dammit, got beaten to the ghey comment.

Been dragged to see Phantom of the Opera in the West End, and whilst it's most definitely not my cup of tea, I can appreciate that it was a brilliant show. Also seen Chicago, which was not so hot and Joseph and the amazing technicoloured dreamcoat, which was good.

You'll do well to enjoy it yourself though, I found it to be a bit of an ordeal.

PS - Apparently its poor form to browse the internet on your phone during the show, even if the brightness is turned down.

Dammit, got beaten to the ghey comment.

Been dragged to see Phantom of the Opera in the West End, and whilst it's most definitely not my cup of tea, I can appreciate that it was a brilliant show. Also seen Chicago, which was not so hot and Joseph and the amazing technicoloured dreamcoat, which was good.

You'll do well to enjoy it yourself though, I found it to be a bit of an ordeal.

PS - Apparently its poor form to browse the internet on your phone during the show, even if the brightness is turned down.

I quite like musicals. I have seen Le Miserables 4 times, Cats, Starlight Express and Martin Guerre.

I guess I have a little bit of ghey inside me!

The dress code was both strict & non-negotiable Gareth, fail to see how this makes me ghey.

Okay; to be fair that does not, in fact, make you ghey.

Your insatiable hunger for cock, on the other hand...

The dress code was both strict & non-negotiable Gareth, fail to see how this makes me ghey.

Okay, to be fair that does not in fact make you ghey.

Your insatiable hunger for cock, on the other hand...

Why does it have to be on his other hand? :winkold:

At risk of joining Shillzz's Ghey Club, The Lion King is the best show on the West End by a country mile. Technically brilliant.

Now Garth, if you'd kindly give give me my "Postma Approved" badge I'll be on my way.

At risk of joining Shillzz's Ghey Club, The Lion King is the best show on the West End by a country mile. Technically brilliant.

Now Garth, if you'd kindly give give me my "Postma Approved" badge I'll be on my way.

PostmaApproved.png

Got shaghaied into seeing Les Miserables on Broadway about a decade ago...

My favorite musical, however, must be Don't Stop the Carnival, though my only exposure to it is through the [not-original cast] album, performed by the writer and his band (the musical only had a short run in Miami). Unfortunately the only uploads of this to youtube have been processed into complete shit.

We come from a long line of lenders

Who get rich just exploiting you spenders

But now we just manage our blenders

Up, up, up on the hill

It helps to be charming and funny

Have cute names like Binky and Bunny

But the main thing's still oodles of money

Up, up, up on the hill

Up on the hill, we are the big cheeses

Up on the hill, we own the cool breezes

Top of the heap is where we know we belong

Up on the hill, above the confusion

Up on the hill, we live our illusions

Up, up, up on the hill

Marmalade mansions beneath cloudless skies

Breathtaking vistas that dazzle your eyes

We're passing our days in a rare atmosphere

Sun, sea, and stars, and warm breezes all year

Our blood is decidedly bluish

We're leery of anything newish

And of course, darling, nobody's Jewish

Up, up, up on the hill

[A little parody of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", which I wrote at Jimmy's request, disclosing the real reason the rich folks on the hill live on this "forsaken rock in the sea": tax avoidance -- Herman Wouk]

God rest ye merry gentlemen

Let nothing you dismay

With Kinja as our domicile

There's so much less to pay

We pay our taxes here

The IRS is far away

Domicile is our comfort and joy...

Â