Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

need more presence in the middle.

Thought Warnock was awful v Arsenal and today he is worse. Stephens could be playing sooner than he thought... Houllier was many things but he realised Warnock was shite pretty quickly....

Warnock off for Marc and play 4 **** 4 **** 2.

Guzan

Cuellar Collins Dunne Clark

Albrighton Petrov Ireland Zog

Bent Gabby

this. playing a 5 man midfield is giving swansea too much time to play it from defence. we need to hunt down the men in possession but there movement is pulling our players all over the pitch. over to you Alex.

Terrible and unwatchable defence unable to build from the back, as usual. Dyer against Warnock seems Cristiano Ronaldo.

To be fair to Warnock he's being complely exposed.... N'Zogbia is doing sweet fa covering for his full back.

Look at the other side of the pitch - Gabby is running his bollox off helping out Cuella.

Poor half and something needs to change, but I'm not sure it's personnel.

Warnock has had a mare, no doubt about it. But it's one half and I'd prefer him to stay on than have Hutton anywhere near the first XI. I might swap Clark for Albrighton/Bannan but not straight away - just to add a little more creativity.

Bent needs to wake up, but that's kind of what he's like - he could still pop up and nick a goal. N'Zogbia needs to start playing the simple ball. Ireland is our best player again which is a definite positive - I must admit I was worried Chelsea may have been a flash in the pan, it still maybe!!

Dyer is running our defence ragged, he looks very good to day but Warnock just needs to shut him up early and it will cut out their one real attack threat.

I still think we can win this with an early goal and the right substitutions at the right times.

But it's McLeish so it'll be Heskey on to get the goals....

Warnock has being murdered, he needs to come off, everything has being poor about him positioning, passing everything.

Clark to left back Albrighton on, get ball down and attack them, see how it goes first 20 if need to tighten it up, we can then bring off Ireland or a striker and take it from there.

Need to push up to stop them from having the time to get it down and play.

Utter shit.

Give it a rest, we are in the right positions all we need is the final shot and we will be level, this is why we can't play at home we have alot of negativity around the place leave the McCleish out stuff til AFTER the game, from the first minute to the last we should support the TEAM!

Warnock off for Marc and play 4 **** 4 **** 2.

Guzan

Cuellar Collins Dunne Clark

Albrighton Petrov Ireland Zog

Bent Gabby

i think we'd be much more effective in a 4-1-4-1/4-1-3-1-1 tbh

gabby playing on the wing is nonsense though, it completely ruins any game plan we've shown over the last few weeks

No more one up front surely. It doesn't work at home to the team with the worst away record in the league.

1 up front gives us more threat than 2 up front, because 2 up front weakens the midfield. we need 2 wingers out there, and if you play ireland more advanced, he can link up as a front man too

theres no point playing with 2 strikers though, because it usually ends up as 2 players who arent involved in the game for the majority of the match

The thing that is frustrating me is that everyone knows Swansea get the ball down and pass it around, so surely the first instruction for our lot should be to press them all over the pitch. Get men in around the ball, hunt in packs and make sure Swansea players are having to make snap decisions. Whatever you do, don't let them have time and space on the ball or you'll just be chasing it all day long.

I can't help but feel we'll score though, we just need a bit more composure when we get to the final third.

Agree

It's what Clark did at one point and got a corner out of it.

Sitting back deep against this team is probably the worst thing to do.

Ireland is getting the ball to Bent frequently. Bent's problem is that the position he receives it in doesn't happen to be 1 yard out from an open goal. He has no strength and we instantly turn over possession. Gabby needs to be in that position, in the absence of any stronger striker, or more players need to start making better runs in the box.

Clark has as little pace as Warnock. Putting him at left back wouldn't improve a thing IMHO

its not a pace thing, its a confidence thing. warnock is giving dyer all the room in the world because he's terrified of him getting past him

Utter shit.

Give it a rest, we are in the right positions all we need is the final shot and we will be level, this is why we can't play at home we have alot of negativity around the place leave the McCleish out stuff til AFTER the game, from the first minute to the last we should support the TEAM!

A) This is NOTHING to do with 'McLeish out stuff' as I think he needs more time so don't support that either.

B) I HAVE been supportive. As soon as they scored I stated we can still win and reminded people of Norwich at home earlier this season.

However, as the half wore on we got worse and yes I think overall it was an 'utter shit' half. I do support my team but not blindly. Jus giving my honest opinion as well as being constructive (in other posts).