What's up with the pitch?

leemond2008

I can't be arsed to harp on about how shite we were and how bad today's performance was cuz I'm pretty sure (without looking at the forum) that everyone will do that for me.

What is up with the pitch though? I was listening on the radio and aside from the two players who actually went off injured it sounded like players were dropping like flys because according to the radio "we have one of the hardest pitches in the prem"

I always though that we had one the best pitches alongside arsenal.

Am I wrong in saying that or has our pitch been surpassed by other prem teams?

Hang on a minute I didn't say the pitch was the reason we lost, I didn't say the pitch the reason mcleish is our manager and I didn't say that our pitch contains some sort of voodoo shite that is affecting our players performance

I said that on the radio they were saying our pitch is one of the hardest in the league and that quite a few players struggled on it today

I was only asking if our pitch was still considered one of the best (you know the pitch that won our groundsman awards last year)

If you want I can state that I don't think mcleish is good enough to be our manager and we can have a debate about that if it will make you feel better

You know what so do I

It seems that asking a question about anything g that doesn't revolve around the owner or manager is a waste of time, as far as I knew villa park has always had one of the best pitches of the PL and the groundsman has always won awards year in year out.

It's not a major point I know but I was just wondering if we were still classed as having one of the best playing surfaces in England, I am sorry that I didn't complain about randy or mcleish enough in my opening post

said earlier something wrong with pitch as Given, Chicarito and Jenas seemed to be injured by it

There is nothing wrong with the award winning pitch, Given pulled a hamstring which has bugger all to do with the pitch and lots more to do with Hutton not doing his job, Jenas hasn't completed a full game yet and has a history of breaking down (why do you think he's on loan with us) and Hernandez injury was just one of those things, it happens.

said earlier something wrong with pitch as Given, Chicarito and Jenas seemed to be injured by it

There is nothing wrong with the award winning pitch, Given pulled a hamstring which has bugger all to do with the pitch and lots more to do with Hutton not doing his job, Jenas hasn't completed a full game yet and has a history of breaking down (why do you think he's on loan with us) and Hernandez injury was just one of those things, it happens.

BUT ... coincidentally enough ... all three injuries occurred in one strip of the pitch. Is there a weakness in one particular area of the pitch?

To have 3 non-contact and severe injuries in one match and in one section of the pitch is too much of a coincidence in my mind.

BUT ... coincidentally enough ... all three injuries occurred in one strip of the pitch. Is there a weakness in one particular area of the pitch?

To have 3 non-contact and severe injuries in one match and in one section of the pitch is too much of a coincidence in my mind.

One of them was a pulled hamstring caused by over stretching it and has diddly squat to do with the pitch

One of them was a notorious crock who makes Michael Owen look like the proverbial butchers dog who could probably get injured pushing a supermarket trolley round ASDA at 4am on Tuesday.

That leaves one non contact injury. Coincidence? Maybe not

You seem to throw my comments aside very easily, Bicks.

Given could quite easily have caught his foot in the turf to cause a strain. And I repeat that it's too much of a coincidence that you have three non-contact injuries occurring in the same area of the pitch. I'm surprised you don't find it strange.

No matter. Nothing to argue about but I have e-mailed the club about it.

Given could quite easily have caught his foot in the turf to cause a strain.

Except, he quite clearly didn't, he did it with his leg in the air stretching to reach the ball.

Maybe you're on the wrong track here and its the air around Villa Park that is to blame...

Â