The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point the negativity is that much that even if Dr Venglos returned it wouldn't be seen as a bad thing. My personal opinion is go for a younger manager, with fresh ideas. Lee Clark is available, would he do much worse than Mcleish? I doubt it. Bring him in for the last few games and see how it goes. Something needs to change as the negativity is horrible at the minute.

Well I've a new signature that won't be changing for until he goes so that could be while.

Feel free to adopt it for yourselves as I've done from another poster, more the merrier I think.

My guess is that the level of ST renewals will seal his fate. Unfortunately due to the ineptness of the board those that have already done so may appear to have inadvertantly supported McLeish in the eyes of the board.

Hopefully the Holte End will vent their fury towards the useless one on saturday.

There's no way they'd look at the likes of Ranieri after the Houllier debacle.
What makes you think that? I firmly believe that had Houllier not had those heart problem the board would have kept him. Why wouldn't they go for Ranieri? He's a good manager, has won stuff and he's got precious Premier League experience, which the board seem to value so highly. Also, he'd be a popular choice with the fans (then again, anyone would after McLeish).

No excuses now. Get rid of McLeish NOW and get Ranieri in.

Hopefully the Holte End will vent their fury towards the useless one on saturday.

A call for the Holte to boo us into the Championship :shock:

Nice

Nope that's not what i said - i've never booed my team in 40 odd years of being a season ticket holder and i wouldn't condone anyone that does. It is possible to make your feelings known about the manager without booing the team.

However the very fact you state that it would boo us into the championship suggests you are less than happy with the manager so tell me how would you get the message across to the board - or are you happy to accept our current position?

Nice

Nope that's not what i said - i've never booed my team in 40 odd years of being a season ticket holder and i wouldn't condone anyone that does. It is possible to make your feelings known about the manager without booing the team.

However the very fact you state that it would boo us into the championship suggests you are less than happy with the manager so tell me how would you get the message across to the board - or are you happy to accept our current position?

It suggests nothing of the sort, it's just that the team need backing, not booing. The crowd's behaviour towards the team, and Warnock and Hutton in particular, during the QPR game was disgraceful.

And I don't know any Villa supporter who is 'happy' at the moment.....

Nice

It suggests nothing of the sort, it's just that the team need backing, not booing. The crowd's behaviour towards the team, and Warnock and Hutton in particular, during the QPR game was disgraceful.

You appear to have assumed that i was proposing booing the team which is way off - I agree that the team need supporting and that booing any player is disgraceful but i'll ask again - seeing as you appear judgemental on my earlier post - how would you voice your disapproval?

Nice

You appear to have assumed that i was proposing booing the team which is way off - I agree that the team need supporting and that booing any player is disgraceful but i'll ask again - seeing as you appear judgemental on my earlier post - how would you voice your disapproval?

I wouldn't.

I support the team, full stop.

Any negativity at the game can affect the team.

If you are proposing that the crowd 'vent their fury' at McLeish, which we have now established does not include booing, what is your proposal for the crowd to 'voice their disapproval'?

Ranieri 1.8m

McLeish 2.4m

You couldn't make that shit up.

Thats the kind of fact/ stat that can make a grown man cry.

Add to that Emile Heskey 2.9m (I think he's on about 55k per week).

So over £5m of our annual outlay is paying Emile Heskey and Alex Mcleish!!!

As a guide on average about 200 Villa fans combined will earn the same as Emile Heskey and Alex Mcleish combined in a week.

Don't waste your money on these wasters but if you do go give them hell because they deserve it! :winkold:

That Newcastle game aside I really don't see how K-Mac could have been described as a 'disaster'. And things would probably have been a lot different if Carew scored that pen in the opening minutes.

what about vienna at home? we was in cotrol from first leg and were absolutely awful. really really bad. mcleish needs to go but kmac is not the answer for me

The most experienced person to manage the club from within our existing staff would be Glen Roeder. I'd happily give him the job 'til the end of the season as he's got a very good short-term record. I fear, however, that Randy would just keep him on though!

Glen Roeder is worse than McLeish, these managers are not what we need. We need someone with drive, new ideas, someone who oozes real passion and determination. As mentioned earlier, Lee Clark may not be a bad idea. Lambo would be an ideal choice, if he'd leave Norwich for us. As for Claudio Ranieri, why go from one managing debacle to another? He is in and out of jobs every year or so and was nothing short of shocking at Inter this season. He's currently got Inter in worse form than McLeish has Villa. This a team that was champions of europe until May of last year. If we do sack McLeish, the next appointment has to be done properly and not like the last two.

Â