The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What people seem to be missing is that McLeish had so much more to work with at SHA. Blackpool staying up would've been a minor miracle. SHA staying would've been meaningless as it was expected. As it happens they couldn't even do that, all thanks McLeish.

how do you explain holloway getting relegated from championship twice while Eck only season there he got promoted

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe a couple of people suggested him when we were looking for a new manager after MON resigned.

Im sorry but i refuse to believe that even ONE Villa fan would have suggested mcleish prior to him being appointed, let alone a couple

I agree with you that he had more to work with at SHA but he definately achieved more as well. As well as gettin relegated, he won them a cup.

finishing 9th with sha is bigger than anything Holloway ever achieved. a man more famous for his childish rants tahn tactics

Can't believe a couple of people suggested him when we were looking for a new manager after MON resigned.

Im sorry but i refuse to believe that even ONE Villa fan would have suggested mcleish prior to him being appointed, let alone a couple

Not after Houllier left (obviously because McLeish had just relegated SHA, AGAIN) but his name was mentioned a couple of times after MON walked.

I agree with you that he had more to work with at SHA but he definately achieved more as well. As well as gettin relegated, he won them a cup.

finishing 9th with sha is bigger than anything Holloway ever achieved. a man more famous for his childish rants tahn tactics

Wow, he finished 9th. What did he do the next season again?

Not after Houllier left (obviously because McLeish had just relegated SHA, AGAIN) but his name was mentioned a couple of times after MON walked.

Wow, he finished 9th. What did he do the next season again?

won a trophy and guided sha into europe :(

That cup was a fluke.

I would love us to fluke a cup!

And get relegated?

I would love to enjoy watching us play FOOTBALL!

Who mentioned relegation?

My point was when you win a cup, you deserve to win it. No such thing as a "fluke" in winning a cup.

By the same token you could argue that we "fluked" the European Cup as we got battered by Bayern?

In my eyes it doesn't make it any less special or take the shine of it. If you win a cup, you are "winners" and deservedly so.

That cup was a fluke.

:D Brilliant. Fluked 5 wins on the bounce?

Why dont you give credit where its due?

Shall I tell you where I am -

I think (atm) - and i mean by that the last couple of months, Alex Mcliesh is struggling at Villa. For me, things must improve dramatically. However, I am not going to sit here and try to convince myself that any man and his dog is a better option.

If you honestly believe Holloway is better than I of course respect your opinion, but you can probably gather, I dont agree and nothing you have suggested has even remotely made me think about giving it the time of day.

How on Earth did SHA deserve to win it?

Because they won 6 games including the final and no other team did that that year.

So are you saying that it should mean less as a victory because Arsenal had more chances and possession? Defensively they performed well.

That cup was a fluke.

And get relegated?

My point was when you win a cup, you deserve to win it. No such thing as a "fluke" in winning a cup.

By the same token you could argue that we "fluked" the European Cup as we got battered by Bayern?

In my eyes it doesn't make it any less special or take the shine of it. If you win a cup, you are "winners" and deservedly so.

Well you were discussing the Blouse cup win which coupled with relegation really did take the shine off it…..fluke or not!

That cup was a fluke.

And get relegated?

Well you were discussing the Blouse cup win which coupled with relegation really did take the shine off it…..fluke or not!

I dont think it did. There was a moment last night when I think Adrian Childs said they won a cup last year and it didnt do them any good. Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Whether they never retuurn to the prem again, they will always be known as the 2011 league cup winners. Something we havent been able to say for nearly 2 decades and Id kill for the chance to say it.

Fundamental problem with football at the minute is its seen as anachievement to come 4th, or 17th.

That cup was a fluke.

I think (atm) - and i mean by that the last couple of months, Alex Mcliesh is struggling at Villa. For me, things must improve dramatically. However, I am not going to sit here and try to convince myself that any man and his dog is a better option.

If you honestly believe Holloway is better than I of course respect your opinion, but you can probably gather, I dont agree and nothing you have suggested has even remotely made me think about giving it the time of day.

How about looking at the individual games? The hardest team they had to face to get to the final was a Villa side decimated by injuries and on a very poor run of form, and even then we were the better team. They were also a penalty kick away from being knocked out by Brentford as well. The luck they got in the final goes without saying.

Yeah they won but it was very much a fluke.

I don't think it matters what I say, clearly you rate McLeish to an extent and don't rate Holloway (I don't rate Holloway either to be fair) and I don't think anything I say will change that opinion.

That cup was a fluke.

How about looking at the individual games? The hardest team they had to face to get to the final was a Villa side decimated by injuries and on a very poor run of form, and even then we were the better team. They were also a penalty kick away from being knocked out by Brentford as well. The luck they got in the final goes without saying.

Yeah they won but it was very much a fluke.

I don't think it matters what I say, clearly you rate McLeish to an extent and don't rate Holloway (I don't rate Holloway either to be fair) and I don't think anything I say will change that opinion.

So would our league cup final in 2010 have been a fluke? - Baring in mind we didnt really play anyone, and Sunderland couldnt hit a barn door in the 4th round?

I dont necessarily rate Mcliesh. Just rate him more than Holloway. And 8 major trophies supports that.

We had an easy run, but we still had to play Sunderland and Blackburn, the latter being back when they weren't absolutely shocking like they are now. As it happens we lost the final, not because of bad luck but because of a certain referee, although I guess it could be classed as bad luck as we were unlucky enough to have to play Man U in the final.

And how many of those major trophies did he win with Rangers?

And how many of those major trophies did he win with Rangers?

What does that matter? Do they not count?

How many of Fergies trophies are with Man utd?

What about Mourinhos, how many at Chelsea with unlimited funds, or real?

Has every Rangers manager won trophies?

And if Rangers is such a top job where trophies are such an expectancy, Why hasnt Holloway ever got the job, while Mcliesh has?

Â