The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I haven't felt this Down in the dumps on a Sunday morning for a long while, and it probebly wasn't for a footballing reason, I really am in fear of our premier league status, the ginger rocket polisher was forced into play the sort of team we want playing, and first half we played really quite well, but once again we sit back and invite them to attack us. The radio was saying a manger can only 20% of the work then the other 80% down to the players on the pitch,but that bullshit, as a manger if you see you're team sitting back and haven't requested them to you tell the center half's to step up quicker and not sit back, defend from the front chase down, he seems to think u can sit back for 45 mins and not conced. Player fitness, Ireland n zogif u ent playing games you ent match fit, keeps blaming tiredness, game time =fitness then play ur best team and stick with it, I can't say anymore I'm winding me self up

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only just dawned on me that McLeish could actually be making a lot of money out of our results on the side. The odds for a Villa draw are usually around 9/4 or 2.25 to 1 for you decimal lovers. 27 games @ £1,000 a pop is a stake of £27,000. 12 draws @ 9/4 would return £39,000 - a profit of £12,000 or around 45%. What if he was staking a lot more!

I am kidding of course but it's something for us fans to consider to lighten up those bore draws we keep having to watch. I bet there's a few of you out there who have been winning your match day costs back already?

I haven't felt this Down in the dumps on a Sunday morning for a long while, and it probebly wasn't for a footballing reason, I really am in fear of our premier league status, the ginger rocket polisher was forced into play the sort of team we want playing, and first half we played really quite well, but once again we sit back and invite them to attack us. The radio was saying a manger can only 20% of the work then the other 80% down to the players on the pitch,but that bullshit, as a manger if you see you're team sitting back and haven't requested them to you tell the center half's to step up quicker and not sit back, defend from the front chase down, he seems to think u can sit back for 45 mins and not conced. Player fitness, Ireland n zogif u ent playing games you ent match fit, keeps blaming tiredness, game time =fitness then play ur best team and stick with it, I can't say anymore I'm winding me self up

Kav calm down mate, look at the positives and go seek your rewards. There are many men out there willing to ease your pain and suffering of draw after draw. Paddy, Fred, William and their mates will do battle to lift your gloom. Take the best odds on a draw against Fulham, stake £50 on it and after the 90 minutes of torture go and get the relief of collecting your £100+ profit from your chosen donor

i watched some of the extended highlights yesterday and still cant believe the amount of problems we have from set pieces. mcleish said were working on it months ago and still its a major problem for us, pretty much any cross into the box and we just dont know who is marking who. blackburns goal yesterday crossed in, collins misses it and hutton is just watching. terrible.

Another thing closing down. just watched the 1st half of the sunderland game and sunderland do it so well to double up on players and hassle them for some reason we like to stand off until the edge of the box and then slide in ggiving away pointless free kicks or letting players shoot. Ridiculous.

top appointment RL and PF. duchebags

Mcleish out

Its a weak argument. Wigan outplayed us but couldn't beat us and lost again yesterday making it one win at home all season. Blackburn put in twenty five minutes yesterday and still only sneaked a point. If they're not beating sides like us at home, then where are their points coming from?

Don't pretend you're playing with facts.

I am not playing with anything, they are there, hence why they are called facts.

I saw Blackburns 25 minutes, plus the other 20 you seem to have missed. It was called the second half where we were ouplayed, out thought and outgunned.

You feel free to think we are safe, I think we are anything but. Plus basing confidence on others being shit is the point here, I would rather us be safe because we can play.

If you think about it, it should be classed as an epic failure for any manager of any club to finish a season with less than the usual safety limit of 40 points, if his club amassed its biggest points tally only 2 seasons previously. Especially on the back of 4 previous top 10 finishes, of which 3 were 6th place!

McLeish isn't going to be sacked.

McLeish isn't going to quit.

The sooner people get used to this and stop wishful thinking the better.

I'm told even if we did go down he'd still be here next season. The board like him, the board trust him.

so Roman sacks AVB coz he recognises that chelsea have a squad that is better than 5th place...

he recognises that AVB is failing to motivate players and he just isnt up to the standard of managing a club as big as Chlesea...

he recognises that admitting he made a mistake and getting rid of a man that is slowly making them worse is better than putting up with average performances and lost revenue...

Come on Randy

man the **** up

Villas-Boas has been sacked, you know what to do Randy!

Was just about to say the same. I know we're not in the same cache as Chelsea these days, but look at the expectation from the chairman. Ok, he's Doug like in his hiring and firing, but how can AVB get the sack before McLeish? Does Randy think we're that far behind in the expectation levels that 15th is good enough?

McLeish isn't going to be sacked.

McLeish isn't going to quit.

The sooner people get used to this and stop wishful thinking the better.

I'm told even if we did go down he'd still be here next season. The board like him, the board trust him.

playing in front of 20,000 on the back of huge losses = financial meltdown.

AVB has gone , steve bruce and the bloke from the muppets at wolves.

All sackings made for results based reasons and all justified.

Its becoming pathetic that somehow because he was manager at small heath he should be given even longer than anyone else , what a joke.

Sack him and bring Ray Wilkins in to see out the season.

Â