The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I prefer him to GED by some distance

I'd prefer somebody who can get us playing decent football, doesn't alienate fans or players, will drop those who make mistakes, does not concede defeat when writing the team sheet and also, has more than one plan for when things do not go to plan.

So, neither of the above.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else starting to warm to McLeish ?

No

he has always been a shite manager and I have seen nothing from him so far that would suggest anything different.

Interesting to see some people think he is a nice bloke, from what I have seen from him in interviews he is a liar, he is unispiring and he is extremly dull. He is so dull he could talk a glass eye to sleep

Agreed. What's so likable about McLeish exactly?

What warrants the level of abuse he gets?

Being extremely bad at being a football manager for a start.

I'm yet to meet an Aston Villa fan who is happy that McLeish is manager. What I think we have is a large section of fans who have resigned themselves to the fact he is manager and will be for the short - medium term at least. Due to that there are supporters who are focusing on the few positives, however few and far between they may be, to make life as a Villa fan bearable. The other option to that is to continually focus solely on the negatives and make being an Aston Villa fan extremely hard work.

I've missed little more than a handful of games home and away over the last 18 months and its been bloody hard work and left me totally demoralised for the most part. What can you do though. I love this great club. You have to keep some chinks of light and try to focus on the positives to keep you going.

Spot on chap.

Can't disagree with a word of that.

God , this thread is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly 300 pages of people just saying they dont like a bloke for no bloody reason..

Give it a rest for god sake.

If you do, we may start winning games you know ! , I mean, it cant be a coincidence that away from home we have won 4 out of 5, and at home we look scared stiff.

David OLeary was right wasn't he ! , we must be the worst fans in the leauge.

God , this thread is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly 300 pages of people just saying they dont like a bloke for no bloody reason..

If you do, we may start winning games you know ! , I mean, it cant be a coincidence that away from home we have won 4 out of 5, and at home we look scared stiff.

Seems more of a case of people saying they like him for no reason. :lol:

I just don't understand why we get one win and suddenly everyone's defending him? He's still been poor over the course of the season.

Haha you can talk. You slated him after the Arsenal game and wanted him out. What's happened all of a sudden?

No, what DOL was right about was the Villa fans being fickle and you're the prime example.

Mate - I dont like him, I dont dislike him - he's the manager of Aston Villa Football Club, not my best mate !!!.

The fact is, he is the manager, and he will be for the foreseeable future - so can you tell me what positive element 300 pages of the same people (who from what I can tell, a lot of them dont actually go to the games) just slagging the bloke off does.

I mean - we lose - its his fault. We beat Wolves, its in spite of him and only coz Gabby got injured - the guy cant fecking win can he !!!!.

We are 11th. Now personally, given the fact we have lost Barry, Milner, Young, Downing over the past tow years without replacing them - is where I expected us to be.

I'll be happy as larry with a top 8 finish, which given the 7 above have spent about 200 million each, is about the best we can hope for - and we still have a chance with that.

I will judge at the end of this season in part, and mainly at the end of next season.

You lot just typify a new football fan, in fact the new society.... I want this, I want that and I want it NOW, and if I dont get it, I'm gonna scweem and scweem and scweem !!!!!.

Feck sake man - the best manager we have had in my lifetime had us in th bottom 3 of the championship in November, and the following season, stayed up by 1 point.

GIVE THE GUY A FECKING CHANCE - and if you just dont want to

FECK OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - coz your so called support is killing this club ! :bang::bang:

EDIT

above - yeah you are right, I slated him after that game as I thought he cost us the match. I was bloody angry. But today, I saw Fergusun cost Man U the match when he took off Giggs (who was keeping Kuyt in his own half) - allowing Kuyt to go forward.

Dont mean Fergusun is an imbacele does it !!!!

Stop being a hypocrite. You **** slated him on here when we lost against Arsenal. Now suddenly he's picked up a win against Wolves and he's in your good books again. It's not just you. It's also some other members on here changing their opinion rapidly and then having the cheek to slate the people who they agreed with in the past.

No

he has always been a shite manager and I have seen nothing from him so far that would suggest anything different.

Interesting to see some people think he is a nice bloke, from what I have seen from him in interviews he is a liar, he is unispiring and he is extremly dull. He is so dull he could talk a glass eye to sleep

Well hes not is he. If he was extremely bad he wouldnt be where he is. Such an OTT comment

I slated him for making one decision - to bring Gabby back for a corner .

That cost us that game. I didnt slate him before - check the posts , I havent slagged him off since.

I've seen enough of the Villa from Saunders on , to realise it is not big sexy names that turn out to be our best serveants , and they certainly dont become heroes in six months.

I am sick and fecking tired of everything the club do , turned into a negative by the same 10 people on here. I mean, everyone slags off Nike for 4 years, we leave Nike - the same 10 people slag us off for going backwards. The fans scream for 4 years to give out youth a chance, the manager does and the same ten people slag the club off for not buying players.

We but players, and then they are just "shit !" - how far have we fallen !!!

Well I've seen enough JPA's, Bosko Balabans, Curtis Davies

and

Ian Taylors, Dwight Yorkes, Allan Wrights, Gareth Barry's, Gareth Southgates

to realise that is isn't how sexy the name is, where they came from and how much they cost that determines how good they are gonna be.

And I have seen the likes of Graham Taylor and Ron Saunders take 3 or 4 years to "gel" a "hard-working - no star names" team into a team that made me proud to be a Villa fan.

And pesonally, I am not the kind of Villa fan who enjoys slagging everything the club does off.

Sorry, if that upsets you in any way.

McLeish has been at the club 6 months. He has bought 4 players. Two have turned out to be very good signings so far, two , the jury is still out.

We are 11th in the league - as close to the top 8 as we are to the bottom 6.

Therefore, the last six months have been up and down, quite good some weeks, quite poor others.

But it CERTAINLY does not deserve the utter crap that is posted on here every bloody day.

No

Well hes not is he. If he was extremely bad he wouldnt be where he is. Such an OTT comment

He's only in this job because of Randy's strange decision making.

You lot just typify a new football fan, in fact the new society.... I want this, I want that and I want it NOW, and if I dont get it, I'm gonna scweem and scweem and scweem !!!!!.

Well for me I don't want him here because I have little confidence that he can build a decent team. It's the complete lack of hope for the future that makes his appointment a terrible one for me and that makes the terrible football this season even worse.

Why anyone would be happy to accept the mediocrity of having Mcleish in charge is beyond me.

Shit manager and shit record in Premiership.

All we can hope is he stops being shit .

Our last back to back wins was under Gary MacAllistair last season.

6 wins in 22 games .

The above says it all.

Away form has improved result wise in last month but ppl talking of a turnaround over a win against Wolves - a game which easily could have gone either way and we were incredibly lucky only to be 2-1 down at halftime shows how far we have regressed that fans expectations are that low now.

No

no, he is extremely bad. his prem record is awful

Why anyone would be happy to accept the mediocrity of having Mcleish in charge is beyond me.

Because we have all accepted mediocrity for the last 10 years?

Challenging the top 4 from few year ago to challenging to try and finish above likes of Swansea , Norwich .

Bit of a difference - no?

Was that the season that we challenged the top 4 under O'Leary?

I didn't see us challenge the top 4 after that, we couldn't even finish above the perennial paupers Everton, despite the huge amount of investment in fees and contracts for some extremely expensive players.

Mind you, we'll probably finish above Everton this season...... :winkold:

Â