The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Just watched mcleish interview. do they just play the same interview from previous games because he says the same every game ' we will work on the defensive side on the training ground' how many times does he say this and now i just dont believe him.

his been here 5-6 months im very worried that after that long defenders still dont know what there doing. i look forward to the arsenal game interview for ' we will practice on the training ground' and 'we didnt take our chances'.

He talks utter shite.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a comment from someone who just wants to join in with the McLeish bashing and not from someone who has actually watched us play this year.

Have you watched us this year?

Within his first game, Given looked like he was going to save us a bucketload of points. Guzan hasn't been bad, but Given is better. Given might have organised his defence better or got a hand to Liverpool's shots.

Herd has been excellent in the games he's played in. He never stops running, he's been 10 times better than Delph defensively and he is actually a decent attacking threat with his heading ability.

Bent has been poor, but he still has the ability to nick a goal, even if he hasn't shown that in his last few games.

There's only one of us who sounds like he hasn't seen this season's games.

You're attributing superhuman qualities to Given if you think he would have saved us from defeat today. Bent hasn't demonstrated the ability to create goals out of nothing since last season. Herd is energetic and full of fight, but his passing is at least as wayward as Delph's, whose terrible passing is justifiably criticised. Delph also started over Herd several times this season, so it's not as if someone was in the starting line up who never has been before.

This just wasn't down to injury. We accomplished nothing in the game.

If everyone was as positive as me then maybe Houllier wouldn't have been hounded as much as he was. Maybe that would have put a bit less pressure on the players, so maybe, just maybe, we'd have got a few more points in games we could have won. Then maybe Houllier could have brought in Cabaye and a few other decent players for cheap.

Are you blaming negative fans for houlliers health problems?

And it's pure speculation that we'd actually be any better had he stayed and while cabaye may have joined it was equally likely gabby would have left.

Not really sure what your point is?

I didn't say anything about Houllier's health. But maybe if we'd got more points & not had 'Houllier Out' banners, then the pressure on the team & manager would have been less and Houllier could have lasted longer. We don't know either way.

It is pure speculation, hence my use of the word 'maybe'.

I don't really know what your point was aiming towards either. Randy Lerner probably does wish that 40,000 Villa fans were as positive as Me. My response was about as self explanatory as your original post. :?

Dnno why you are ridiculing Big Sam.

He is miles better manager than McLeish on any and every level - his CV speaks for itself compared to McShite's proven failures in the Premiership.

You forgot to say 'FACT'.

He is miles better manager than McLeish on any and every level - his CV speaks for itself compared to McShite's proven failures in the Premiership.

OK - Well it is a FACT.

Seems some are still in denial about the level of manager we have.

We are in no position to ridicule or mock Big Sam . He's a billion times on every level better than the curmudgeon inept clueless one we currently have.

That sounds like a comment from someone who just wants to join in with the McLeish bashing and not from someone who has actually watched us play this year.

Have you watched us this year?

Within his first game, Given looked like he was going to save us a bucketload of points. Guzan hasn't been bad, but Given is better. Given might have organised his defence better or got a hand to Liverpool's shots.

Herd has been excellent in the games he's played in. He never stops running, he's been 10 times better than Delph defensively and he is actually a decent attacking threat with his heading ability.

Bent has been poor, but he still has the ability to nick a goal, even if he hasn't shown that in his last few games.

There's only one of us who sounds like he hasn't seen this season's games.

You're attributing superhuman qualities to Given if you think he would have saved us from defeat today. Bent hasn't demonstrated the ability to create goals out of nothing since last season. Herd is energetic and full of fight, but his passing is at least as wayward as Delph's, whose terrible passing is justifiably criticised. Delph also started over Herd several times this season, so it's not as if someone was in the starting line up who never has been before.

This just wasn't down to injury. We accomplished nothing in the game.

Superhuman qualities? :? Given is an excellent shot stopper. He's saved us points this season.

Are you saying that Given isn't better than Guzan?

Delph and Herd have made appearances but Herd has been much better. Herd has been picked ahead of Delph in more of the recent games that they've been made available, so I think it's perfectly fair to say that 4 current starters were unavailable.

So am I too assume that you're one of the people who were at the game and booed at half time and at the end?

Is he completed wrong though?

Us not having 4 starters in Gabby, Bent, Herd & Given would be similar to Liverpool missing Suarez, Reina, Adam & Bellamy.

Do you think we'd have lost as badly if they had Brad Jones in goal & Andy Carroll upfront?

I don't know, but I doubt many teams in the league could put in excellent performances with 4 starters unavailable for selection.

Well, seeing as the performance was just as bad as against Tottenham and Man Utd when he had every player to choose from, NO EXCUSES.

I completely disagree.

Against Spurs we were terrible.

Against Man Utd we were better. We might not have had the final ball or the attacking flair, but we had the ball quite a lot in the 2nd half (even if Man Utd were happy to sit on their 1-0 lead).

Today we were better than in both of those games, despite the players we had missing. We had the ball loads, we tried to attack, we pushed the fullbacks foward, Collins even ran into the box when we were on the attack at one point, Heskey had a few chances where he should have forced a decent save from Reina, N'Zogbia released a few good shots. We were no-where near as bad as people are making out. We were undone by 2 set-pieces and got lucky on a few occasions when Liverpool caught us on the counter. Today, that's it.

Talk about making up facts to suit your argument. You only have to look at the players to see that they are not sure what their role is, either offensively or defensively.

When we attack, it is a case of give it to NZogbia or Albrighton and see what happens? Thats it, there is no cohesion, no runners, no hitting channels or moving forward as a unit, no plan. Simple.

Lose the ball and our lack of game plan is even more obvious. If you watched Liverpool today, as soon as they lost the ball they dropped 10 yards into two lines of four and pressured the ball. What did we do? The same as all season, some dropped, some pressured. I felt sorry for Fonz who was left individually to pressure the entire Liverpool back four.

Diabolical, shapeless, aimless shite and I fail to see how you can possibly justify that level of performance?

If you want to see how a single man can invigorate a club, look at Liverpool. Dalglish lifted the whole club, was very astute in bringing in Steve Clark and has shaped a team that I dont believe is that much more talented than ours. Today though, it was men against boys.

mcleish21.jpg

Mmmm, I wonder what lame excuse I can give to the press today?

This is it:-

"It's all about the players who are missing."

"You've got to realise that Gabby Agbonlahor has been in tremendous form this season and Darren Bent has been as well.

"Young Chris Herd has done a great job for us in the middle of midfield.

"These players are not missed lightly."

Rob, you're seriously in denial if you think that was even a subpar performance. Even if Given, Gabby, Herd and Bent was in the match we would have lost quite comfortably seeing as AM can't do much against top sides with our best team available.

Suarez hit the woodwork twice and really overall should have got a hatrick, yet you think AM done well enough to keep it 0-2. He didn't do shit. Keeps picking the same shitty defence who let us down time and time again.

OK - Well it is a FACT.

We are in no position to ridicule or mock Big Sam . He's a billion times on every level better than the curmudgeon inept clueless one we currently have.

I'm not in denial about anything. FACT

I just don't think it's a good idea to change manager again so soon, I don't think that Lerner will sack McLeish unless we get relegated, I don't think that many other managers would have picked a hugely different team Today and I don't think that the result reflects the performance or the tactics. We attacked.

I'm not going to cry about sacking out a manager that I'm fairly certain will be here for, at least, a whole season.

I'll criticise him when I feel it's necessary. He needs to sort out the defending of set pieces, he needs to get the players to move into space when attacking, he needs to buy a creative midfielder OR hope that Bannan/ Delph/ Petrov will start to consistently thread balls through to the attackers. But more than anything, right now, he needs his first choice strikers & goalkeeper back.

I can't blame him for their injuries or suspensions.

If McLeish had any sense or decency he would hold his hands up and resign.

Completely out of his depth at this level.

He won't though.

He couldn't believe his luck when he saw manager after manager turn us down in the summer while he was facing a season of struggle in the championship with SHA.

Anyone really think he's going to give this gig up, not a chance.

I think we'll lose our next three given how we play today and the reaction will be toxic if we fail to beat Swansea on Jan 2nd, probably as bad as it was for Houllier after Sunderland last season.

He survived and was given money to spend on players, I wouldn't give another penny or second in this job.

Get rid.

I 3would just like to see McLeish go, even if we haven't got anyone lined up. imo it at least shows a step in the right direction. I'd much rather see Kev Mac take over for the rest of the season if we couldn't get anyone in straight away and then try everything we can do to get Moyes next season - just doubt any of this will ever happen.

I'm villa till I die but our current state and how our future is looking is really depressing

hahaha, jokers.

The joke is on you if you think a man with 2 Premier League relegations is good enough for this club.

Show me where i said i was happy with him? All i said was i'd like to see the available managers out there do a better job.

MARK HUGHES.

Our last manager was Gerard Houllier and our current manager is Alex McLeish. Something tells me if we sack McLeish we are going to end up with someone even worse.

That worries me greatly.

As does some Villa fans ringing up phone ins after the game and suggesting the likes of Roy Keane and Strachen as new managers! :shock:

OK - Well it is a FACT.

I'm not in denial about anything. FACT

I just don't think it's a good idea to change manager again so soon, I don't think that Lerner will sack McLeish unless we get relegated, I don't think that many other managers would have picked a hugely different team Today and I don't think that the result reflects the performance or the tactics. We attacked.

I'm not going to cry about sacking out a manager that I'm fairly certain will be here for, at least, a whole season.

I'll criticise him when I feel it's necessary. He needs to sort out the defending of set pieces, he needs to get the players to move into space when attacking, he needs to buy a creative midfielder OR hope that Bannan/ Delph/ Petrov will start to consistently thread balls through to the attackers. But more than anything, right now, he needs his first choice strikers & goalkeeper back.

I can't blame him for their injuries or suspensions.

He has had the whole of pre-season to sort out our defence against set pieces, he has had 17m to spend in the summer window, he has proven that even with the best team available we'll look clueless against the big teams, he insists of using the same shitty defence who keep making 'clown' mistakes.

Right, so if we keep him now, do you think he is the right man to keep us up in a relegation battle? **** no. We'll be screwed because he has shown his talentless ways he can't do **** all about it. Get rid now and never look back.

Superhuman qualities? :? Given is an excellent shot stopper. He's saved us points this season.

Are you saying that Given isn't better than Guzan?

Delph and Herd have made appearances but Herd has been much better. Herd has been picked ahead of Delph in more of the recent games that they've been made available, so I think it's perfectly fair to say that 4 current starters were unavailable.

So am I too assume that you're one of the people who were at the game and booed at half time and at the end?

It doesn't matter what good things Given has done, it doesn't changed the fact that he wouldn't have saved this game since he has not shown any ability to improve our defence vs set pieces nor would he have made the kind of once-in-a-season saves required to keep Liverpool's short range goals out. If you're going to say that Given would have changed the game, you're alleging that Guzan was at fault for the loss somehow. In what way was he? He just wasn't.

Herd's marginal superiority over Delph doesn't change the fact that they are both cloggers who regularly give the ball away and don't change games by their own merit.

So am I to assume you're one of the people who when things go badly, blame other fans who you don't think have a sufficiently positive attitude? What does it matter if I booed or not, the performance deserved it and we wouldn't have won if the fans had cheered and sung a song at HT either.

Rob, you're seriously in denial if you think that was even a subpar performance. Even if Given, Gabby, Herd and Bent was in the match we would have lost quite comfortably seeing as AM can't do much against top sides with our best team available.

Can I have the lottery numbers please?

Suarez hit the woodwork twice and really overall should have got a hatrick, yet you think AM done well enough to keep it 0-2. He didn't do shit. Keeps picking the same shitty defence who let us down time and time again.

I don't recall saying that 'AM done well enough to keep it 0-2'.

I just don't think that Today's performance was as bad as a lot of people are making out. It's a loss, so it's a bad reaction on VT and all is bad in the world.

Â