Pes2012

arkvillan

The indoor FIFA games were brilliant. it was FIFA 97 and the keepers were awful. If you shot from the halfway line you'd score the majority of the time.

In the indoor games, on more than a few occasions I had the keeper make a save at one end and punch the ball into the opposition goal. Mental

As for PES, I'll chack out the demo. but as Wainy said, the jump to 360 and PS3 failed PES. They never made the step up. PES 6 was awesome on PS2 but awful on 360. Fifa have been ahead since 09 in my opinion.

I just want Villa park or a stadium that looks like it on either one, preferably fifa.

Villa Park is in PES, just unlicensed under the name "Rose Park". You can change the name yourself in Edit or just download a patch or option file with a fully accurate version.

I very much dig the passing (turn pass assistance off or at least on low, otherwise passes are actually too precise and fast) and AI movement in this version of the demo, but haven't been able to get tackling and defending as consistent as I'd like. The general improvements in positioning compensate somewhat, but from time to time, it goes a bit screwy and just lets the attackers waltz by. Tons more animations and responses to various situations are a plus, as is no blackout before throw-ins. Keepers are still a bit rubbish and prone to parrying, though they are faster off their line and have much improved distribution. Game speed is too fast and arcade-like on 0, but if you lower it, while the player movements become more natural, the ball becomes ponderous. Defensive catchup scripting is gone, but now every AI player has the ball on a string, ridiculous control and precision dribbling from all of them, even central defenders, so one annoying AI buff traded for another (which, tbf, is a hallmark of PES).

The next demo should be a more complete build, and just about everybody in the PES community has bitched about the same stuff, so hopefully they'll try to address as much as they can before it is released. I'm somewhat excited about the allegedly more simulation-style aspects of the long term game modes this year, so if the next demo improves on this one, I might actually buy 2012 at release, which I haven't done in a while!

• 2 weeks later...

I take it all back the 2nd demo is very good

the right stick moving players has bags of potential

Only problem is playing as inter and seeing the likes of pandev and etoo you just know they'll still be there come launch, lazy bastards at konami they don't help themselves at times

I enjoyed the pes demo far more than I have in many years and it's a huge improvement, especially the ai, but it's still not quite there. Fifa looks the part but still feels like there is something missing for me.

I'll give the career modes a bash when they come out but it looks like another year of being underwhelmed.

I'll just stick to being a "goal scoring superstar hero" Swos4Life :twisted:

I wish there was a game in between fifa and pes, fifa still feels light and floaty, nothing has any weight or impact in it, although the new defence tactics are superb. Pes id getting there but something is still a little iffy, cant put my finger on it really but it plays a great game. Will be getting pes as i prefer the feel of it and for the editing options.

• 3 weeks later...

gonna download the demo when I get home this eve, though watching some vids on youtube it looks v similar to last years, which was dire.

They need to go back to pes6 basics, reintroduce random select, fix the shooting, and take it back to the arcade style which is the reason we all fell in love with it in the first place.

pretty good, feels alot smoother than fifa, crossing is much improved as are the unlockables, too many cut scenes in ML IMO

neymar is amazing on the game, got his looks and movement nailed too, same old disappointment that you cant use the SA teams on ML though

Â