Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're playing our clan game right now through the game interface :s

Did seem odd that you would have to use a 3rd party programme to play network...

Anyway, when are we looking to start this? How many we got? Who's gonna host? etc.

I assume we'll need everyone together, at least to start it off.

When we do get it running someone will have to explain to me what to do because I've never played a network game before.

Basically the host sets "force continue" rules - once a set time limit is up the game continues for everyone. Also, there is a percentage continue so if, for example, 60% of players click continue before the time up, the game continues. Otherwise it's basically the same.

Yeah, that's it. The host opens ports 10093 and 10094 on their router, and then everyone can join their game, once the host gives out his/her IP address.

Afaik Hamachi takes the potential changing of dynamic IP's out of the equation, but as I said, we don't use it as the FM network game seems to run just as well without Hamachi.

We use IRC to chat to each other whilst playing. It's easier and quicker than the in-game chat.

Yeah, that's it. The host opens ports 10093 and 10094 on their router, and then everyone can join their game, once the host gives out his/her IP address.

Afaik Hamachi takes the potential changing of dynamic IP's out of the equation, but as I said, we don't use it as the FM network game seems to run just as well without Hamachi.

We use IRC to chat to each other whilst playing. It's easier and quicker than the in-game chat.

Ta keefa :)

Info on how to do it here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=net_games

Â