Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

They finished 7th last season.

Other than that agree, they seem nailed on for 6th. A fair reflection of things I think, on paper they are imo the 6th best team in the league.

Other than that agree, they seem nailed on for 6th. A fair reflection of things I think, on paper they are imo the 6th best team in the league.

No they finished 6th last season.

Everton were 7th.

No they finished 6th last season.

Everton were 7th.

Yep, sorry my bad.

Gerrard > Scholes

Questionable.

Not really.

This.

It's not questionable, it's just wrong.

I'd say there isnt alot between them, Scholes maybe edges it for me.

true but remember Scholes is 37 ;)

Lampard is/was very good but I always thought Gerrard edged it.

Scholes is overrated because he is small like Xavi.

I am not saying I agree or disagree, but I htink you have opened a can of worms with the final comment.

I mean that because Barca and Spain are all the rage at the moment, Scholes gets loads of good press.

Everyone is always going on about the lack of technical ability of English players, if Messi was English he would get rejected because he is small, if Scholes was Spanish they would have treated him better etc etc.

Gerrard is/was the better player.

He might not he in the Barca-mould like Scholes is, but he is/was the better player.

He might not he in the Barca-mould like Scholes is, but he is/was the better player.

The fact that they are essentially very different from each other in terms of playing style suggests to me that it is unfair to compare the both of them.

I mean that because Barca and Spain are all the rage at the moment, Scholes gets loads of good press.

Everyone is always going on about the lack of technical ability of English players, if Messi was English he would get rejected because he is small, if Scholes was Spanish they would have treated him better etc etc.

Gerrard is/was the better player.

So because Barca and Spain are good, and they have some small players, small english players are overrated because they might have been treated better by the Spanish than the English.

This despite the fact Scholes must be one of the most successful English footballers ever, in terms of club honours, and has played his entire career in England, so clearly his size hasn't held him back.

I've got to give it to you TRS-T, that might be the most bizarre argument I've ever read on VT.

And I've been in the religion threads.

Oh dear

The truth is now coming out about the drunken Hillsboro Liverpool fans

All coming out now via Merseyside police and what they told thatcher at the time

Dear oh dear

Gerrard is a cripple now, and will retire in the next few years I think. He's a spent force, though still good I suppose. Carragher... dear lord. Never rated him, if he played for us we'd give him worse abuse than Dunne. Suarez is shattered, Copa America, World Cup year before.... Carroll, 35m for that? United paid 30m for Rooney and he scored a hat-trick on his debut. Carroll will flop I reckon. Ask a Plop fan whether they'd like to see Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso replaced by Lucas, Henderson and Adam? They'd've told you to **** right off. Worst thing is they've not spent much less than what they flogged those two for! They are still a good side, but for me, it's 6th. Spurs are a far better side man for man.

Lennon Modric Bale VdV Huddlestone etc or Shelvey, Lucas, Spearing Adam Downing and Henderson? I'd have Spurs' every time. Downing will find it tough there I reckon

As someone said, Adam, Downing, henderson, they're us players, not some side with delusions of definite Champions League.

Oh and I don't rate Henderson one bit. 20m!?!? Properly mugged.

^^

Me back in August. Whilst my cripple comment was maybe a bit harsh, the rest of it seems not too far from reality. :)

But better than Mascherano? Alonso? Then Gerrard? Not a chance. He's improved but he's nowt special.

Look at them with Torres, aforementioned midfield et cetera. Now look at them now. Massive dip in quality.