Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

I shouldn't be surprised but i was really shocked at the reaction Evra got. It's sad to think that in this age that a player can be booed for reporting someone for racist comments. They really are a terrible bunch of fans.

Morons the lot of them. Still probably think they're going to win the league this season.

Can't wait for them to actually wake up to the fact Dogleash is doing a pretty lousy job considering he's spent the best part of 90m since arriving.

I can't find a video, sadly because his attitude stank in the interview but the below gives you an idea.

Kenny Dalglish defended the behaviour of Liverpool fans after they booed Manchester United captain Patrice Evra throughout his side's fourth-round victory at Anfield.

The French left-back was jeered from the moment he stepped off the team coach until he left the pitch, at which point he tore off his captain's armband and threw it to one side.

Not boos: Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is hailed by Liverpool fans

The gesture was more likely to have been an expression of his despair at his part in Liverpool's winning goal rather than a reaction to the treatment he received from Liverpool fans still furious over Evra's allegation of racial abuse against Luis Suarez, which resulted in the Uruguayan being banned for eight matches by the FA.

Asked whether he thought it was right that Evra was booed, Liverpool manager Dalglish said: 'Why would I be disappointed for Evra? I've been booed [when I played]. The media have played their part in trying to maintain dignity and respect and concentrate on the football today and that's what the players did and that's what the fans did. The fans are entitled to support their team. I've got no problem with that and if there's a bit of banter between the teams, that's brilliant. I don't think there was anything untoward.'

But as Dalglish spoke, he was unaware of a picture showing a Liverpool fan allegedly making racist 'monkey' gestures during the game.

The Kop began the exchanges between the rival fans by chanting: 'We're not racist, we only hate Mancs' and went on to sing in support of Suarez, while United's travelling support responded by chanting 'You racist b******'.

But other than the exchange of insults, the encounter passed without major incident, with Dalglish claiming: 'I think both sets of fans have been magnificently well behaved. There is always a bit of banter, which is brilliant between Liverpool and Manchester United fans, which is the way it should be.

'There may not be a lot of respect, but it was certainly friendly banter and both sets of players just wanted to play football and it's great credit to everyone involved in both clubs that they were involved in a spectacle like that.

Here

he's spent the best part of 90m since arriving.

He's spent nothing. Buying players isn't his job. Its Comolli thats spent £90mil

Fine, but he won't have spent £90m on players Dogleash didn't want at the club so he's certainly not exempt from criticism.

Fine, but he won't have spent £90m on players Dogleash didn't want at the club so he's certainly not exempt from criticism.

I don't think Dalgleish has any involvement in identifying their transfer targets, he might tell Comoli the positions he wants player in but that is about it.

Dalgleish is the manager of the team and not much else, Comoli picks and signs the players and Clarke does the coaching.

Dalgleish is responsible for the tactics and the team decisions and not much else.

I don't think Dalgleish has any involvement in identifying their transfer targets, he might tell Comoli the positions he wants player in but that is about it.

Dalgleish is the manager of the team and not much else, Comoli picks and signs the players and Clarke does the coaching.

Dalgleish is responsible for the tactics and the team decisions and not much else.

I'm not sure about that. Liverpool fans I know seem to think Dogleash has the power to dismiss Commili's suggestions and have him pursue targets he wants.

I'm not sure about that. Liverpool fans I know seem to think Dogleash has the power to dismiss Commili's suggestions and have him pursue targets he wants.

And they may be right but then again I know Liverpool fans who think otherwise, I guess none of know for sure.

Comolli though had full control of transfers at Spurs, much to the frustration of Martin Jol and I don't believe personally that he would have settled for anything different at Liverpool. Dalgleish on the other hand would have taken the job under any conditions in order to get back into the job.

The signing of Jordan Henderson for £20m to me sounds more like the work of Comolli than it does Dalglish.

There's no way Comolli is given free reign to sign the likes of Carroll for £35m. Dalglish has a much bigger role in transfers.

Here's the guy some Liverpool fans would have you believe was yawning and getting his keys out of his pocket.

What about ITV failing to pass comment on the booing of Evra while focussing on Suarez when they scored??? Really poor.

saw that it was pathetic. All commentator said was look how much it means to Suarez. Liverpool should be banned from Fa Cup or given a stadium ban for fans behaviour.

If it was Millwall fans they would be slaughtered by media

not sure as Marveaux seemed like a wrapped up deal last winter as he was even at a league game and all of a sudden Roy was sacked, Dogleash was in charge and Marveaux signed for Newcastle a few weeks later

There's no way Comolli is given free reign to sign the likes of Carroll for £35m. Dalglish has a much bigger role in transfers.

Here's the guy some Liverpool fans would have you believe was yawning and getting his keys out of his pocket.

Some of the responses to that which im guessing are from liverpool fans are shocking.

One even claiming Evra should of taken the racist abuse from Suarez 'like a man' and got on with it.

not sure as Marveaux seemed like a wrapped up deal last winter as he was even at a league game and all of a sudden Roy was sacked, Dogleash was in charge and Marveaux signed for Newcastle a few weeks later

on a temporary basis at the time.