Photography?

trimandson

• 2 weeks later...

Picture 9 of Part 3 of those boston.com photos is incredible. The bomb goes off, the people haven't even gotten to their feet and there's a group of men who don't even seem to have reacted to the explosion yet.

• 2 weeks later...

my wife wants a canvas pic in one of the rooms in the house and has set her heart on this one that i took , the idea was to use a photo of a place where we have been etc rather than using a stock photo that means nothing to us

(she is a bit of an animal lover hence the pic she has chosen )

I just think it lacks something to be honest and i'm not convinced it works other than as a holiday snap

fm1kwz.jpg

thoughts?

Not sure if it's wall special myself. But it shows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that one persons gem can be another persons meh. I imagine you might have to yield and to be fair the image could be a a whole lot worse. I'd rather the thing had open eyes then maybe it'd do it for me :)

I'm starting to play with macro again... but just testing a simple add on called a raynox 250 which has produced marvellous results elsewhere. I've only had one blast with it so far. So.. obligatory flower shot... again for some and me this lacks something i'd imagine but still.. it's pretty (if you're a girl)

166254_482239718340_731768340_5986041_8374430_n.jpg

Tony, in my opinion (which you are quite free to ignore of course!) your is what I'd call a decent snap shot, but that's it. If I was showing people holiday snaps, and that was one of them I'd be quite pleased, but other than that it's probably not "technically" a great photo, if you know what I mean. It's just a photo of a seal with its eyes shut. On the other hand, I think Bromsrove's is a great photo, as the background is nicely blurred out, and the key thing is that the "personality" of the dog comes out, with its tongue hanging out etc.

But then, I assume that Bromsgrove spent a fair while on setting the shot up, while yours was probably a quick focus and shot effort.

Hope that didn't come across as insulting or anything, I'd never make an art critic!

I have to say I'm totally addicted to this hobby now! To the point where I think my wife is ready to leave lol! Does anybody on here use Blipfoto? That has really inspired me to work at it!

I know I'm still a million miles from being an expert but here is some of my latest stuff that personally I'm proud of. I'd love to have some your comments on them!

5351770558_e5138f59de_z.jpg

5351157781_1b2a88374d_z.jpg

5351173719_76847aa619_z.jpg

5351782798_1727be583f_z.jpg

5351162437_596d881ef0_z.jpg

5351774520_d7146203f4_z.jpg

5351159411_564c56bfda_z.jpg

5351776882_4f09f75222_z.jpg

5351164987_a375b3397c_z.jpg

5351781798_97ebee3f4c_z.jpg

5351784764_5f72bb955e_z.jpg

Wow, some of those are excellent Bromsgrove, nice one mate.

I especially like the first cat pic, the dog one, the trees and the sculpture thing at the bottom.

I don't suppose you remember what settings you used on any of them? It would really help noobs like me if I knew what speed and aperture etc you used.

Thanks! I was really nervous I was going get slaughtered lol!

The cat was f/1.8 : 1/15" : 35mm : ISO 3200

The dog was f5.6 : 1/40" : 46mm : ISO 200

Trees are f/11.0 : 1/30" : 18mm : ISO 200

Sculpture was f/16.0 : 1/30" : 18mm : ISO 200

I'd highly recommend Blipfoto as it encourages you to take a photo a day and you can see other peoples work and check their settings like this to help you learn!

Cheers for psoting that matey, much appreciated. How long have you been into photgraphy by the way, because some of those are very good. The eye is another very good picture.

I've always liked taking photos with a crappy compact, but only point and click in auto mode.

I treated myself to a DSLR in May last year but stuck with Auto. Did a one day beginners course, learning about manual modes, at the beginning of Nov last year and haven't looked back!

I'm totally hooked now! It's become a bit of an obsession, not sure if that's good or bad?

Tony, in my opinion (which you are quite free to ignore of course!) your is what I'd call a decent snap shot, but that's it. If I was showing people holiday snaps, and that was one of them I'd be quite pleased, but other than that it's probably not "technically" a great photo, if you know what I mean

Hope that didn't come across as insulting or anything

No , that's exactly my feeling on it as well ... tbh I've got far better shots in the collection from that trip its just this is the one the wife preferred ... She thinks I'm too picky when it comes to photos so I wanted some second opinions so I could prove I was right :-)

I'll be in the spare room tonight if anyone needs me ....

Â