Photography?

trimandson

Thank you guys :winkold:

Should have commented on others last night - but was zonked after trawling through 80 identical distant shots of the moon!!!!!

IianG - very atmospheric really like it.

G_A_M - I'ld have been tempted to crop it so that you lose the black bit at the bottom and a bit of the sky, your colours are lovely though.

Wurzel - fab shots!

Bickster - your squirrel is adorable, we are overrun by grey ones and none have the grace to pose!!!

Wurzel - I love your cat! Love the goose as well but would have been nice to get the whole of his reflection.

Cat, they are fantastic shots of the moon, I must admit I didn't try to take any as my kit isn't really up to it, and the last time I tried taking photos of the moon it didn't go well! I suppose I should try harder!! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, always good to get constructive criticism and praise. This must be the only thread on VT where people are genuinely nice to each other!! It must be us photo types!! :winkold:

Cat - Love those shots, i gave it a try but with a 210mm lens i couldn't get the magnification. Havn't really looked at them off camera yet, but did consider trying to be the first to post eclipse shots... glad i didn't as i think yours are way better than mine will turn out to be.

Bicks - Love the top one, even if only because i can't work out what exactly it is or how you did it.

Wurzel - Did you spend the day at a petting zoo ;) The cat shot is my favourite there

Bickster - Really like the first one. Can't make head nor tail of it - but really like it!!!!!

Iain - like the low angle on the pine cone, shame you lost the colour in the sky. And is that your garden? Looks huge!

Last moon shot from me, I promise!! Couldn't resist a montage!

indexeclipsemontage.jpg

Iain - like the low angle on the pine cone, shame you lost the colour in the sky. And is that your garden? Looks huge!

Yeah the sky is a shame, nothing Photoshop won't fix though. ;)

And it's my parents' garden yeah, it's quite big by modern "normal sized" house standards I suppose. I'm moving into my own place in a few weeks and my garden won't be quite the same size :D

And as for your moon shots... wow.

Bicks - Love the top one, even if only because i can't work out what exactly it is or how you did it.

Bickster - Really like the first one. Can't make head nor tail of it - but really like it!!!!!

There really is no big secret, its simply a reflection in a striped pane of glass, and desaturated to give it an air of mystery, just something I spotted out and about in Manchester when out with the family, iirc it was in the Urbis Art Gallery / whatever the feck it is

Not the best forum for this post but I've put it in a few others more suited and thought.. why not...

In the process of rearranging my lens collection and would like to sell the following :

Nikon AF 70-210 zoom - good working condition with no marks on lens great optics.

I seem to be in a mono mood today, here's another one from last weekend at Freshfield, more of a clasic B&W this time, still needs some work methinks, be interested to see what people think of this one

Trees & Dunes

treesdunesyk6.jpg

I seem to be in a mono mood today, here's another one from last weekend at Freshfield, more of a clasic B&W this time, still needs some work methinks, be interested to see what people think of this one

Trees & Dunes

treesdunesyk6.jpg

Always stop by this thread and this is my favourite of your pictures so far I think Bicks.

It has soul! :D

Ambleside Jetty

amblesidejettyzk8.jpg

I seem to be hogging the thread today, thanks for the comments Grant & Cat

This ones from sometime last year, only got round to doing anything with it today, it might benefit from a little cropping to the left I thought but that unbalances it in the centre, its just an imperfect shot, proof that sometimes even an inch or two off centre can make a huge difference to the success of a photo

Trees & Dunes

treesdunesyk6.jpg

Thats class mate.

Â