Pro cycling: General Chat

leviramsey

Stolen from elsewhere on the internet and probably been told a thousand times before already, but it made me smile:

Rare photo of the 1940 Tour De France

WiSlE.jpg

I thought yesterday was fascinating - the Schlecks threw a couple of punches but no-one flinched at all.

I wonder whether Voeckler should be getting more credit and being considered more of a threat and I wonder if tales of Contador's demise have been exaggerated.

Yep, I reckon Voeckler should get more credit; he is no slouch in the hills but it may come down to how much his(relatively) weak team can help him.

It seems the French have been suggesting Cav had a tow up the hills yesterday, perhaps hanging on to a car or something. They arent the greatest sports are they, particularly when it comes to Le Tour !

After all, they were and still are after Lance and we all know he is clean.

(lights touch paper !)

Another great win today and Green Jersey must be a distinct possibility now.

Yep, today's was a good one - it's brilliantly set up now for a big sort out on tomorrow's three big mountains and I've got to say, right now I can't see past Contador.

really?

Cuntador has to take well over 2 minutes off Cadel. He's unlikely to do that on the time trial, meaning he has to take at least 1 minute off Cadel both today and tomorrow.

Shleck's don't look great, but Frank/Andy cannot be discounted on the big climbs of today and tomorrow.

Cuntador has a lot of good riders to see off, in better positions than himself.

Yes, i think Cadel Evans is slight favorite right now, but who knows what can happen in the tour. Crashes/mechanical problems could just be round the corner, and at the wrong time, your in big trouble. Been very impressed with Cadel.

I just love watching Contador on the attack in the mountains though, It's like he sprouts wings at times the way he flys away from most But certainly not at his best in this tour - for whatever/various reasons.

Just love watching the tour, theres no hiding and talk means nothing. Hence you dont really get any!

Â