Gym Routine

olboydave

I actually bought my own* 1.25kg plates because my previous gym (Aura) didn't have them at all. So now I just bring (or rather brought) them with me to every workout.

* They're based in Sandyford. My plates arrived within 2 days.

well for those routines in A I have been doing anyway and thats the weight I can do ....should I roll back start from scratch 

And thanks I know where those weights are will get them wednesday

You should start from scratch, or if not scratch, certainly go midway between scratch and your current maximum. You want to build up some momentum in your progress before you start maxing out. And you need the lighter weights so you can concentrate on perfecting your form.
  • Like 1

Im going for it today. 

Just done 50 lengths in the pool.

Then later I will be doing a chest work - out and 2 x spinning classes. Had a takeaway with the Old man last night and it needs to shift.  :)

I'll tell you what. When you get your diet right, you get into a groove, stop overtraining and trust your body to recover and grow at it's own pace, this bodybuilding malarkey is a piece of piss.

Ive been on a push since New year and I'm finally seeing and feeling the gains. I'm in such a good place with it right now. I'm the biggest and the strongest I've ever been. I can actually FEEL it, every inch of me solid under a light layer of manly chunk ;)

Hope it lasts.

Was at University of Leeds today for an open day, their gym is seriously impressive. It's honestly a major part of why I want to go there.

Wolverhampton (walsall campus) werent bad some 9 years ago

Was at University of Leeds today for an open day, their gym is seriously impressive. It's honestly a major part of why I want to go there.

One of my biggest regrets is that I went to that Uni for 3 years, with shit loads of free time, and I went in that gym a grand total of twice.

It was like £40 for a year's membership as well.

Moron.

I'll tell you what. When you get your diet right, you get into a groove, stop overtraining and trust your body to recover and grow at it's own pace, this bodybuilding malarkey is a piece of piss.

Ive been on a push since New year and I'm finally seeing and feeling the gains. I'm in such a good place with it right now. I'm the biggest and the strongest I've ever been. I can actually FEEL it, every inch of me solid under a light layer of manly chunk ;)

Hope it lasts.

Certainly with diet, once you get into a routine it gets like clockwork.

I don't even consider myself dieting anymore, even though I've been doing it for the best part of 6 months.

I'd say the hard part of getting into your new diet is the first couple of weeks. Once you're passed that, and especially once you start seeing results, it's pretty easy.

Yeah it's the lightest you'll lift. Those muscles are smaller. Just a note. Regarding form on the overhead, there are 2 things in particular that I found while doing that lift. Firstly, the width of your grip. If it's too narrow you can put strain on your wrists (and you won't be able to rest the bar across your chest). If it's too wide you'll lift less. And probably more importantly, there is the inclination to lean back in order to get the bar up, which is OK as long as 1) it is done without concaving the lower back as you can hurt your back (use your hips instead) and 2) don't give a heave to aid the lift. Because that makes it a completely different exercise.

One of my biggest regrets is that I went to that Uni for 3 years, with shit loads of free time, and I went in that gym a grand total of twice.

It was like £40 for a year's membership as well.

Moron.

How did you find the university itself, and what did you study? Shoot me a pm.

BOF you've been doing stronglifts for a while now haven't you?  how are you finding it? what are you lifting on it all?  

I've pretty much done week 11 now and while i've failed a couple of times of the OH press and the barbell row (completely started again on this a little while ago as I decided it was my form that was off) but in all ive enjoyed it and progressed quite well

About a month ago I took a break because of a niggling elbow injury. Up to then I was at 55kg on the overhead. 75kg on the bench. Peaked at 127.5kg on the squat but I brought that back to 115kg because I felt that was pushing it enough. 80kg pendlay row & I was attempting 160kg deadlift (grip slipping on 3rd lift). Thoroughly enjoying the lot and then the elbow just started to hurt in a way I didn't like (felt like a bone related pain). I'll be back to it but I'm trying to enjoy the enforced break (and failing miserably!).

Yeah once you are seeing progress both in terms of numbers and visually, you'll stay motivated. Me coming into this thread is just teasing myself really :)

As for my numbers. You'll notice the bigger numbers are around the exercises that rely more on leg work. Coming from a sprinting background, that's where my advantage lies :) And hence why I joined in order to try and get some (any) upperbody strength.

Impressive numbers bof.....I feel the over head will be the hardest for me I only had the bar on on the 5th set I could feel it :D 

I have to say the gym i`m in has a great spread of ppl in it ....Old,Young,Power lifters,bodybuilders etc 

Â