Gym Routine

olboydave

Flat pressed the 65kg DBs for the last phase of my GVT routine last week - getting them into position was a workout in itself! Dead lifting them off the floor wasn't too bad but getting them in front of my legs before I sat down was a killer!

Flat pressed the 65kg DBs for the last phase of my GVT routine last week - getting them into position was a workout in itself! Dead lifting them off the floor wasn't too bad but getting them in front of my legs before I sat down was a killer!

60 **** 5!!! Sweet Jesus! 

I've been doing dumbbells pullovers with 40kg and those scare the living hell out of me!

Edited by sexbelowsound

I can press 46kg bells for 1 at my peak. 110kg with a bar. That disparity has always astounded me. I understand the balance is different, but such a huge gap in weight is puzzling to me. I could do 92kg on a bench even now I imagine.

I bench in the 100-110 sort of range.

Never pressed more than that 38kg DBs though.

Bench is a much less isolated exercise I think. DB press uses a lot fewer body parts

Edited by Stevo985

Pullovers with 40kg is pretty strong though. DBs in my gym go up to 70kg. Gives you something to aim for. I pressed them for 3 (I think) once when my brother was down, just so someone was there to make sure I didn't die! Not sure what happens with my DB bench... I don't work particularly hard on it. I just seem freakishly suited to it.

I can press 46kg bells for 1 at my peak. 110kg with a bar. That disparity has always astounded me. I understand the balance is different, but such a huge gap in weight is puzzling to me. I could do 92kg on a bench even now I imagine.

Bench is a much less isolated exercise I think. DB press uses a lot fewer body parts

I feel the opposite. DB uses more, much smaller twitch muscles. You're only as strong as your weakest link?

I must admit, most of my 80kg weight is in my chest. Like a glamour model.

**** it, I've accepted the unofficial VillaTalk dumbbell bench press challenge. Even though I did chest yesterday and its back/biceps/forearms today i'm gonna try 35's on the flat bench.

Watch me break my shit!

If you can do 30 on an incline you can do 40 on a flat. I'm sure of it bro. The doubt is all in your head...

I feel the opposite. DB uses more, much smaller twitch muscles. You're only as strong as your weakest link?

I must admit, most of my 80kg weight is in my chest. Like a glamour model.

That's why I used "body parts" rather than "muscles"

I think you're right. But when I bench I engage every thing from fingers down to my heels. I'm lifting that weight with my back, my shoulders, my legs, and obviously my chest.

I find it much harder to do that with DBs, which might account for the disparity

Edited by Stevo985

JB = Unit. Clearly very dedicated and very knowledgeable. Is it weird that I want to say pics or GTFO?

Haha no that's fair enough. Next time there's someone I know in the gym when I'm pressing, I'll get them to take a video or picture of me doing the 65s.

**** it, I've accepted the unofficial VillaTalk dumbbell bench press challenge. Even though I did chest yesterday and its back/biceps/forearms today i'm gonna try 35's on the flat bench.

Watch me break my shit!

If you can do 30 on an incline you can do 40 on a flat. I'm sure of it bro. The doubt is all in your head...

Oh man, I'm scared. Gonna try though. 

Â