Gym Routine

olboydave

Whats wrong with curls on the squat rack!?!?

Genuine question!!

Is this a joke?
No!

If the gym's empty then I guess it's passable.

But why do it there?

But yeah, it's generally considered to be the cardinal sin of lifting weights. Just google "curls in the squat rack" and see for yourself.

For example, Urban Dictionary defines it as

When someone of inferior intelligence trains biceps where legs should be trained

;)

aaaaaaaaanyway.

My gym had boiler problems today. They even text me to let me know. So I went in expecting the boiler to be broken and for it to be freezing.

Wrong. It was about 30 degrees in that place! It made it one of the hardest gym sessions I've ever had!

Mainly because I smashed out a PB on Deadlifts (155kg for reps). Had to sit on the floor after the last rep :)

Not sure I've ever sweated so much when lifting.

5 reps. Could probably have managed a 6th (6 is usually my target) but my form was shaky on that 5th so it was probably best not to.

First time I've hit that weight in nearly a year. Felt good!

• Like 1

Saw someone using the bench press bench for lie-down isolation dumbbell stuff today. Why I oughta. There are only two normal bench press rigs in the gym.

• Like 1

I did the "buff people" work out today. :( My butt already hurts. I do not want to work, I would very much like a hot tub instead.

Squat bounces are worse than squats to me. it's easier for everyone else, but I hate them!

I did the "buff people" work out today. :( My butt already hurts. I do not want to work, I would very much like a hot tub instead.

Squat bounces are worse than squats to me. it's easier for everyone else, but I hate them!

So you have buff buns ....ayyyyyy

Anyway some dude was wearing a belt while benching I fail to see how his back would need that extra support 

• Like 1

I don't bench like that ^^^

but you should definitely have an arch in your back, but your butt should never leave the bench. On my top set I definitely feel it in my lower back, it's not just a chest exercise (obviously that's the dominant muscle though)

I'm not sure a belt would help, but you definitely use your lower back.

• Like 2

Strange, if anything I had to be careful with my lower back with overheads because the tendency when tired was to bend backwards; which is fine if using the hips but not when curving the spine. I also had to be very particular with the width of my grip because the strain on the wrist at the wrong width was significant. Too wide and you didn't have the power. Too narrow and your wrists were bent too much.

I on the other hand had a shit workout this evening. For whatever reason I couldn't bench my numbers. I got 3 (THREE!) reps at 75. Came down to 72.5 and managed another 5 then dropped to 70 where I finished the 2nd set and did a 3rd. Finished it off at 65. Pissed right off. It got no better on the shoulder press where I did the 17.5s fine and the 20 but couldn't manage a single rep with the pair of 22.5s. Mother ****. Anyway, I accept you'll have those evenings. No more for a while though thanks.

5 reps. Could probably have managed a 6th (6 is usually my target) but my form was shaky on that 5th so it was probably best not to.

First time I've hit that weight in nearly a year. Felt good!

157.5 kg tonight.

Baby steps. 160 next week.

I'm desperately struggling to eat right now. I have NO appetite. I'm hungry, just can't get it past my lips. Living off 2000 calories a day.

That said I'm strong enough, pressing 95kg x 6 x 4 on the smith machine (slight niggle in my tricep), dead lift 130kg and squats 110kg. It's frustrating though, I know if I was eating right I'd be piling it on.

In that vein I'm asking for some easy eat mass building food advice...

Â