Gym Routine

olboydave

Twice in a day ....

I thought I was fine the next morning until I went to shampoo my hair and couldn't raise my arms above my head. Two a days aren't nice.

BTW....I don't know if you guys have watched this, but it made walking into the gym a lot creepier at first. Although I now get why dudes are constantly in the gym. Day and Night.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqfUzax3kE

I'm pretty sure AS is more or less alone on this. Explains how he was able to motivate himself though :)

• Like 1

I'm going to guess that whatever was upping his testosterone levels for bodybuilding was probably upping them to the ridiculous point where clearly his dangly bits and that bit of his brain were getting excited by the least bit of exercise.  It's a wonder the man is still alive at 66.

• Like 1

BTW....I don't know if you guys have watched this, but it made walking into the gym a lot creepier at first. Although I now get why dudes are constantly in the gym. Day and Night.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqfUzax3kE

Ehh, no.  Nopety nopety nope nope.

I was just kidding. I don't for one second think this is how you guys feel. .....bc you don't......right? :P

On a 'rest day' (Sunday) I went on a(n extremely fast) 5km hill walk with a friend.  Turns out you use completely different muscles in your legs when hill walking as opposed to jogging, and I now know 'that muscle' at the front of your calf is called the anterior tibialis.  I know this because mine didn't work for 2 days afterwards :)

• Like 1

Other people wanted to use the squat rack ....

Hairy muff, bit of a pap then if somebody wanted to use it.

I always do 21's in the squat rack, mind you I get to use the school gym and there is nobody else in it.

Whats wrong with curls on the squat rack!?!?

Genuine question!!

Is this a joke?
No!

With you here mate, I do it quite often.

(Only if no one's using the squat rack and there aren't any barbells available, I may hasten to add)

Anybody care to mention any big challenges that can inspire me.

I go to the gym regularly but hate training without a purpose.

The last year I was working towards a triathlon which I did in Sept. So I was mixing weights with cycling, running and swimming.

I've done two triathlons in the last 18 months so I've kind of decided I'm not going to do one next year. I don't enjoy them enough for it to be my "thing".

Problem is now I am really lost in the gym/exercise front because I'm not working towards doing anything.

I thought about doing my first marathon next year but the thought of doing so much of one thing is not really getting excited.

Any ideas?

Anybody care to mention any big challenges that can inspire me.

I go to the gym regularly but hate training without a purpose.

The last year I was working towards a triathlon which I did in Sept. So I was mixing weights with cycling, running and swimming.

I've done two triathlons in the last 18 months so I've kind of decided I'm not going to do one next year. I don't enjoy them enough for it to be my "thing".

Problem is now I am really lost in the gym/exercise front because I'm not working towards doing anything.

I thought about doing my first marathon next year but the thought of doing so much of one thing is not really getting excited.

Any ideas?

Some sort of crossfit challenge would be the ticket by the gist of what your saying, know nothing about it though, maybe qualifying for the national competition or something?

Â