• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely sickening. The one word that keeps popping into my head is why?I expect I'll still go next season but it will definitely be a chore given the "football" we will no doubt play. I'm dreading the summer and next season.

If this really does happen and AM is given the job.. then can we at least hope we put him on a 6 month rolling contract so we can get rid of the fool at Christmas without another pay out

Even that's six months to long!

I honestly hope the board see sense and don't appoint McLeish. This whole saga is an embarrassment of monumental proportions and one from which the club the may never fully recover.

You can't stir up a hornets nest and not expect to get stung!

Imagine if they put him on something stupid like a 3-4 year contract - lol

Would be fitting i guess with the madness of appointing him.

Why would Villa want to let such a highly-coveted manager get away? Sir Alex loves him!

**** it ,

if after all the backlash he still wants the job , he and the board have my support .

i like people who take on an against the odds challenge.

he WANTS to be our boss , **** it im behind him!

BBC are reporting Villa will be making a statement on Thursday about AM and the vacancy. I have never known Villa to do this before normally they interview and then annouce the new manager at a press conference.

I think deal is off. I hope I am right on this one.

Randy please please go for Rijkaard He wants to manage the villa.

Thing is thats not the level of market we are in.

If youre looking at a ford focus - your alternative might be a vauxhall zafira - its unlikley to be a BMW

So if we don't get Mcleish - we are down to simon grayson, Alan Curbishley or Gary Mcallister - it would be unlikley to bring Rikard or even hughes into the frame ?

I don't understand why him though... oh and I for one do agree with the statement on bcfc website, let's be honest it does look like we tapped him up, the flights, the timing, the fact we are determined to bring him as manager despite £5m compo, lawyers being involved even going as far as justifying and clearing up the fact we will speak to him by the statement on OS .. why him though, he doesn't fit the criteria at all.. he doesn't bring through youth, horrible football, he isn't a figure to hold on to key players infact we will probably lose them.. the one word I want to ask the board is ... why?

Out of all the managers out of work.. why mccleish? Rafa is far better, Hughes is better.. it just doesn't make sense at all..

Have been thinking about AMs imminent appointment and spoken with my 2 lads tonight. Having started to get used to the idea (we have to), I'm going to renew our 3 STs. Decided that we need to keep supporting the team and to hit the board in the pocket will hurt the club and its potential investment in strengthening the side.

Logically, Lerner will need to arm AM with a decent transfer kitty to give him every chance of success otherwise the backlash will be immense if he has a bad start to the season. I've met AM and he's a decent guy. I hope fans judge him on his management now and refrain from the personal insults which he certainly does not deserve.

Most level headed & sensible post i've read today..

My view is simply that we now have a time issue & due to the state of the current squad we simply have to make a start now & no player would come here with no manager.. My favoured choice was not AM either but for me Hughes is off to Chelsea & this would explain the slience from both him & them plus "he would be welcomed here by the players" comments from John Terry... If there has been any tapping up going on its Chelsea & Hughes.

As for AM well i am too very concerned about his playing style but wouldn't it be possible for Randy to say "Listen Alex, you can have the job but on the condition you understand that here at Villa we do require a more attractive style than your previous teams?"

Also i think we are all forgetting that we can always replace him if things don't pan out well enough. I guess i just think that it looks like we are getting him anyhow so lets now turn our attention to what players we need, call a truce & give the guy a chance for the sake of the team if nothing else.. If things don't work out then take a shot on someone like Rikjaard or maybe someone else may be avaliable by then.

If it's on, it's on. I'll back him and not judged based on a few games. A strange appointment of a manager with a recent history resembling roller coaster, but if it happens it's because Randy believes AM can do it and will back him to win over the fans. He'll want to prove the doubters wrong and best his old rival MON.

Also, I don't subscribe to the notion that whomever is next in line would feel like 4th choice. I would assume you'd interview possible and interesting candidates as convenient considering holidays and busy schedules etc. After all interviews were done, you'd make a decison.