• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It's not really like Chelsea is it? Chelsea haven't been publicly rejected by the manager of wigan and Chelsea aren't getting publicly slated by board members of their rivals for appearing to be after a manager that got relegated last season.

it also seems to be nailed on that hiddink will get the job and it's just a matter of sorting things out. Maybe Chelsea gave a bit of info to the press which then meant there was no need for weeks of speculation and gossip.

I have no doubt the people saying they don't care about our image in the press would feel differently if doug was still in charge.

Once again its all fluff.

All stuff hyped up in the media.

All Villa have actually done is asked to speak to a manager, not even offered them the job, that manager declined to talk to us.

Thats it, that is spun by the media to sound like the worse thing ever!

What else has ACTUALLY happened?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought The General was against torture? This qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. We don't need a protest - we need a human rights lawyer.

*tuts* it's not torture it's "Enhanced Interrogation" these days. :)

randy was back yesterday, and today is in london.. fact

Any idea what he is doing in London?

Finalising Carlo Ancelotti's contract

"thanking him for being so professional during the negotiations... "

"looking forward to a long and productive relationship"

"only real candidate......"

blah blah

you know the score.

:bonk:

I thought The General was against torture? This qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. We don't need a protest - we need a human rights lawyer.

That's why the plane was empty. At the Generals request, the board is starting with rendition flights. Specifically ITK message board posters.

It's not really like Chelsea is it? Chelsea haven't been publicly rejected by the manager of wigan and Chelsea aren't getting publicly slated by board members of their rivals for appearing to be after a manager that got relegated last season.

it also seems to be nailed on that hiddink will get the job and it's just a matter of sorting things out. Maybe Chelsea gave a bit of info to the press which then meant there was no need for weeks of speculation and gossip.

I have no doubt the people saying they don't care about our image in the press would feel differently if doug was still in charge.

Once again its all fluff.

All stuff hyped up in the media.

All Villa have actually done is asked to speak to a manager, not even offered them the job, that manager declined to talk to us.

Thats it, that is spun by the media to sound like the worse thing ever!

What else has ACTUALLY happened?

again agree (you're talking a fair bit of sense MG!)

RM was somehow 1st choice because dave whelan says so? for all dave, me you and everyone else knows RM could have been the only person to get a letter he could have been 1 of 15

all i do know is whelan is a prize prick, got caught lying on tv and radio but the media turned it straight back to villa

randy was back yesterday, and today is in london.. fact

Any idea what he is doing in London?

1st day of selfridges sale, hitting the brum store later

Yeah hopefully he's out enough of shopping in Birmingham, especially Small Heath

I actually feel Moxley has a point. He knows what's what at Villa and who's who and the history. Fair enough, a lot of it is exacerbated to sell papers but it's a well thought out article.

He's clearly researched it more thoroughly than Adrian Durham does.

I'd like to put the plane thing to bed with my *theory*

Last week his plane departed BHX and MacBhx (of Twitter fame) asked on an aviation forum where it had gone to. Some bloke, who is normally pissed at any given time of the day, and likes to give replies even when he doesn't know the answer (to appear ITK) said Madrid, and that was famously tweeted.

Cut to me checking and finding that it had actually gone to Corsica, which is where it went when Mr Lerner was talking to Gerard Houllier. The aircraft came back and went to the US for the weekend, returning monday morning.

In the meantime Alex McLeish resigns from Birmingham City from his holiday in 'Italy', which turns out to be the Italian island of Sardinia, which happens to neighbour Corsica, but is still divided by water.

To compound things Mr Lerner's private jet leaves for Corsica late yesterday and returns today.

If you have got this far, my theory.

Mr Lerner liked Corsica so much during his meetings with Gerard Houllier, that he bought a place there.

The movements of his jet in that direction are people sorting that out for him (finalising, readying, overseeing alterations etc.)

Mr Lerner spent last week in the UK, working on the new manager thing. On Friday he went home to spend the weekend with his family (family is more important, despite some losing sight of that). He returns to the UK Monday morning and has remained here, working on the managerial appointment.

So nothing going on on the new manager front that is anyway related to the movement of his private jet.

Last week his plane departed BHX and MacBhx (of Twitter fame) asked on an aviation forum where it had gone to. Some bloke, who is normally pissed at any given time of the day, and likes to give replies even when he doesn't know the answer (to appear ITK) said Madrid, and that was famously tweeted.

Cut to me checking and finding that it had actually gone to Corsica, which is where it went when Mr Lerner was talking to Gerard Houllier. The aircraft came back and went to the US for the weekend, returning monday morning.

In the meantime Alex McLeish resigns from Birmingham City from his holiday in 'Italy', which turns out to be the Italian island of Sardinia, which happens to neighbour Corsica, but is still divided by water.

To compound things Mr Lerner's private jet leaves for Corsica late yesterday and returns today.

Mr Lerner liked Corsica so much during his meetings with Gerard Houllier, that he bought a place there.

The movements of his jet in that direction are people sorting that out for him (finalising, readying, overseeing alterations etc.)

Mr Lerner spent last week in the UK, working on the new manager thing. On Friday he went home to spend the weekend with his family (family is more important, despite some losing sight of that). He returns to the UK Monday morning and has remained here, working on the managerial appointment.

So nothing going on on the new manager front that is anyway related to the movement of his private jet.

Perfectly plausible scenario.

Everyone and their dog seems to have been to Corsica over the past week.

Usually all the shit managers nobody wants ;)

thetrees, who do you think will be our next manager?

Not that I know anything, but my money is evenly spread between David Moyes and Mark Hughes.

I know enough about Birmingham City to know that McLeish's departure had absolutely nothing to do with the vacancy at the Villa, but I am in the minority as I think that McLeish is a damn good manager who will do a great job at his next club.

But then I know enough about Birmingham City.............

Sounds completely fair and plausible to me.