• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

For what it's worth it does seem like Moyes has become a more unlikely option. Maybe we approached Everton and got knocked back, maybe Moyes himself said he wasn't interested in leaving or maybe it was all press/ITK bullshit from the beginning and we never even approached them at all. Lerner and Faulkner might have known it was a non-starter and just focused on other options, who knows. All I know is that my feelings are that Moyes is not the one. We'll see how it pans out I guess.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation has been a complete and utter farce

We are the laughing stock of the Premier League at the moment

Going for someone like Martinez and being rejected is bad enough now there is a possibility we may be in for McCleish as well him resigning is to much of a cooincidence surely.

Complete and utter shitstorm, us appointing McCleish would signal for me that we have no ambition of ever being a top side

That's fair enough, and obviously I am of a persuasion that Moyes won't leave, as is my right. And people on here may be of the persuasion that Moyes will join Villa, as is there right.

I'll probably stop posting now as some seem to be taking this all the wrong way. Just wanted to try and help out with what i've heard. i live in Birmingham so have alot of time for Villa and go along to Villa park when i'm not at Goodison so thought 'd just try and bridge a divide slightly.

Stay on mate. Your views are appreciated. Don't mind the perpetually grumpy people, they'll never be happy no matter what. :)

When we sell players it tends to be because they want to leave for the Champions League football that we're still some way off being able to offer, when your players leave it seems to be because you need another 50p for the 'leccy meter.

I can't buy into this at all. Our players have left recently for exactly the same reason as yours have. The most high profile player to leave recently was Lescott, who left in exactly the same reasons as Gareth Barry. Pienaar left as he wanted CL football, and go it.

We need to sell to buy, we dont need to sell to keep the club afloat. Our finances are a problem but are not the endemic some make them out to be.

Everton and Villa are both in the same position where we're stuck under the glass ceiling of the top 4. Players leave our clubs for the same reasons. Either they're greedy or their tired of waiting for our clubs to make the great leap forward.

Here's a "rumour" for you. Leighton Baines is going to Arsenal and he is being sold because you need the money as he has years left on his contract. The Arsenal bit is pure conjecture on my behalf but the Baines family will be living in London isn't (Arsenal being the logical choice on the need-Baines-O-meter)

Going for someone like Martinez and being rejected is bad enough now there is a possibility we may be in for McCleish as well him resigning is to much of a cooincidence surely.

Complete and utter shitstorm, us appointing McCleish would signal for me that we have no ambition of ever being a top side

Just like Hughes ....

I can't buy into this at all. Our players have left recently for exactly the same reason as yours have. The most high profile player to leave recently was Lescott, who left in exactly the same reasons as Gareth Barry. Pienaar left as he wanted CL football, and go it.

We need to sell to buy, we dont need to sell to keep the club afloat. Our finances are a problem but are not the endemic some make them out to be.

Everton and Villa are both in the same position where we're stuck under the glass ceiling of the top 4. Players leave our clubs for the same reasons. Either they're greedy or their tired of waiting for our clubs to make the great leap forward.

Yup totally agree with this! Though actually I think you guys are better at keeping your top players than we are - e.g. Cahill, Arteta etc. Not sure if this is reflective of the club's reputation being bigger, the top 4 finish some years back, the manager, or a more rounded squad culture - but it's definitely an area Villa need to work on because we're becoming THE feeder club of the top 4/5/6 at the moment. :(

If people are laughing at us it's only because they are stupid enough to believe the crap that's being written by so called "journalists" in various places. We cannot be held responsible for other peoples lack of intelligence I'm sorry to say. Not a single one of the "articles" written about Villa approaching Wigan for Martinez have called Whelan's behaviour for what it was. A bit of PR gymnastics. Relax man, you know what they say about having the last laugh.

Pat Murphy is reporting that Steve Mclaren has signed a three year deal as the new manager of Notts Forest

Christ on a bike, Pat Murphy gets his first correct story of the year, how on earth did he manage that?

worffacepalm.gif

The longer we keep the press in the dark, the more respect i have for RL / PF

**** the media

Agreed. Let the bastards stew in their own stinking juices for as long as possible.

Are people thinking that maybe managers dont really fancy this job because of the shitstorm Houllier faced last season??

Gotta be slightly off putting.

This

Probably coupled with the fact were selling our best players for yet another season in a row and the rumoured transfer kitty isn't meant to be big either.

McLeish ain't happening! It's that simple.

Exactly.

Randy Lerner would have to be seriously mental to appoint Alex McLeish.

Absolutely gone.

If he fancied an uproar or a half empty Villa Park every game with no support and just constant protests he could appoint him i suppose.

Thinking about it some Villa fans actually think he does and has no more interest in us, perhaps he will be appointed then!

No chance folks