dudevillaisnice

Heitinga is a RB who can do a job of sorts in CM or on the right, he would never get away with playing CB.

Why not? He played CB for Ajax? I know it's not a great division but if it's cos he is small, Vermaelen is pretty small and he's coped alright...

We will see anyway, I suspect he will be nominally a RB.

I can see the Europa League raping Everton like it did us, then Moyes will realise its a pointless competition (awaits self-righteous spurs fan to jump on this) and concentrate on the league.

Can see them finishing below us if im honest. At least i **** hope as my dad and friend are bluescouse and they've had a right laugh since the end of last season :|

I can see the Europa League raping Everton like it did us, then Moyes will realise its a pointless competition (awaits self-righteous spurs fan to jump on this) and concentrate on the league.

Can see them finishing below us if im honest. At least i **** hope as my dad and friend are bluescouse and they've had a right laugh since the end of last season :|

What have they been laughing most about? throwing away a two goal lead twice at villa park or ashleys last minute winner while they were all celebrating a point? :winkold:

What have they been laughing most about? throwing away a two goal lead twice at villa park or ashleys last minute winner while they were all celebrating a point? :winkold:

Nope, been laughing about finishing above us despite us being well clear of them only 2 months before hand :(

Nope, been laughing about finishing above us despite us being well clear of them only 2 months before hand :(

Cause it made a MASSIVE difference didnt it? Have a good laugh at them at the end of this season for me

whenever he played cb for Atletico he was dire!

So? Maybe he had no protection from a very attack minded team infront of him. He was quality at Ajax, their captain and their fans still love him.

He played RB for Atletico mainly anyway.

Heitinga is a RB who can do a job of sorts in CM or on the right, he would never get away with playing CB.

Why not? He played CB for Ajax? I know it's not a great division but if it's cos he is small, Vermaelen is pretty small and he's coped alright...

Indeed Vermaelen and Heitinga are both 6ft which isn't that big for a CB in the Premier League but that for me is about where the similarities end.

Vermaelen is far more experienced in that position and as such is able to counter the disadvantage of his height far easier that Heitinga he also has more physicality in terms of strength.

In addition to that the times I saw Heitinga play CB in Spain he looked poor and to play CB in this country is a big step up, can you imagine him trying to handle Carew or Drogba?

Him having played CB in Holland is akin to Bouma having played there for PSV but the thought of him playing there for us in this league would be pretty worrying.

Indeed Vermaelen and Heitinga are both 6ft which isn't that big for a CB in the Premier League but that for me is about where the similarities end.

Vermaelen is far more experienced in that position and as such is able to counter the disadvantage of his height far easier that Heitinga he also has more physicality in terms of strength.

In addition to that the times I saw Heitinga play CB in Spain he looked poor and to play CB in this country is a big step up, can you imagine him trying to handle Carew or Drogba?

Him having played CB in Holland is akin to Bouma having played there for PSV but the thought of him playing there for us in this league would be pretty worrying.

Heitinga played for years there at Ajax :? Same as Vermaelen...

As I said about Heitinga, he was playing mostly at RB in a very attack minded team, with little protection from the midfield, in Madrid. He said himself he was having a bad time on and off the pitch. He was never really settled and had a bad season all round.

Anyway, I don't expect him to play there, I just don't believe it's correct to write him off without him having a chance to prove himself.

Moyes often does take gambles on players and usually they work, but Heitinga really was poor last season and looks like he was found out in a top league. I'll give Moyes the benefit of the doubt with this one as he usually gets them right, but I'd have been a bit worried had we been the one signing him.

What defenders do Everton currently have, they seem to have quite a few.

Moyes often does take gambles on players and usually they work, but Heitinga really was poor last season and looks like he was found out in a top league. I'll give Moyes the benefit of the doubt with this one as he usually gets them right, but I'd have been a bit worried had we been the one signing him.

What defenders do Everton currently have, they seem to have quite a few.

I've said to a few people, he completely fits into the profile of Moyes' most successful buys.

Versatile, had a bad time recently after previous good times, point to prove, needs a bit of "love" and the right club, and relatively cheap (in that he was cheaper than Atletico bought him for).

Not raving about it cos I've never thought he's stood out to the point where I think "Wow" but he's got talent.

Defenders right now:

Baines

Distin

Yobo

Jagielka

Hibbert

Heitinga

Duffy

Mustafi

Last 2 both 17yr olds.

I'm not passing judgement on him as a RB but I simply don't rate him as a CB for the reason's I've already stated having watched him play and in part his height.

As for writing him off before he has had a chance to prove himself, I'm not I think he is a more than decent RB just not CB.

Defenders right now:

Baines

Distin

Yobo

Jagielka

Hibbert

Heitinga

Duffy

Mustafi

Who's the guy that made his debut for you down at Pompey last season, think he played RB, can't remember his name though. I presume you've sold him anyway?

I'm not passing judgement on him as a RB but I simply don't rate him as a CB for the reason's I've already stated having watched him play and in part his height.

As for writing him off before he has had a chance to prove himself, I'm not I think he is a more than decent RB just not CB.

Having seen him play proficiently well for Ajax in that position, I won't agree entirely with you.

Yes he was poor there in Spain, but as I said, he never felt settled and didn;t enjoy his time there. He only filled in there too, most of his time was spent at RB anyway.

Defenders right now:

Baines

Distin

Yobo

Jagielka

Hibbert

Heitinga

Duffy

Mustafi

Who's the guy that made his debut for you down at Pompey last season, think he played RB, can't remember his name though. I presume you've sold him anyway?

Lars Jacobsen, was only on a one year deal. We offered him a new one year deal but he went to Blackburn who offered better wages and a longer deal. Valente was released too, as well as some kids, and obviously Lescott sold.

Not got many defenders at all really..

Defenders right now:

Baines

Distin

Yobo

Jagielka

Hibbert

Heitinga

Duffy

Mustafi

Lars Jacobsen, was only on a one year deal. We offered him a new one year deal but he went to Blackburn who offered better wages and a longer deal. Valente was released too, as well as some kids, and obviously Lescott sold.

Not got many defenders at all really..

I thought you had more than that, didn't realise Jacobsen and Valente had gone though. You're right, not many at all. Now you know what it feels like to be us 12 months ago. :shock:

Â