Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Owen Coyle please

He looked promising early on in the season, but the capitulation in the semi final against Stoke and the loss of form in the Premiership have raised question marks over him for now. I'd like to see how he does over the next couple of seasons before deciding if he is ready for a top job.

Considering the talent at his disposal I think you can allow for a little time when things don't quite go right. He has spent his money wisely too. The only thing that would bother me is people think he plays slick one touch passing - which his team do on occasions but they still rely on long ball which would not suit Bent.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did brilliantly at Bayern last season. Not like he's suddenly lost his mind and has no idea hwo to manage a team. And its not like we're close to Bayerns standards either.

yes I may have dismissed him a little quick there, although the disciplinarian in him would ruffle more feathers. If he came here I would be happy enough.

Unimaginitively, I went for Moyes.

Seems to me, out of that list, it is a no-brainer.

However, I'm interested in this chap "Specify" that some people have voted for. I can't find much about him on Google. Who has he managed and what's his track record?

Owen Coyle please

He looked promising early on in the season, but the capitulation in the semi final against Stoke and the loss of form in the Premiership have raised question marks over him for now. I'd like to see how he does over the next couple of seasons before deciding if he is ready for a top job.

Considering the talent at his disposal I think you can allow for a little time when things don't quite go right. He has spent his money wisely too. The only thing that would bother me is people think he plays slick one touch passing - which his team do on occasions but they still rely on long ball which would not suit Bent.

I still think it is a season too early to consider him for the post of Villa manager. He has done very well for Bolton and made some excellent loan signings (Sturridge/Wilshire). I would still like to see how he is going to build his team and progress from here, as the next step his team need to make will be the hardest yet.

Also, what worries me is that even though Bolton seem to have had a good season, they still remain only 1 point above us after a nightmare season.

I think Coyle had a massive effect when he first came to Bolton and galvanised the team, got them playing above their level but eventually that wears off. He's still a good manager don't get me wrong but I don't think he's the type I would want here, we should be aiming higher.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Moyes, Sparky is average, other than that I don't know much about the foreign names we've been linked to.