Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

So you saying you have to be one of the best 8 teams in the world to win it... and that means it is easily winnable?

I think it's very difficult to win it, but I'd say you have to be one of the best eight to ten teams in the world to get into it if you play in the Premier League. If you're good enough to finish in the top four in the Premier League you're good enough to have a chance of winning it - I think I'm agreeing with the Trees in a way, it's incredibly difficult to get into, but once you are, winning it is a possibility.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dude called "Vernon" on talkSPORT just mentioned that there are strong rumours emanating from VP that Benitez will be appointed this week.

I see. The only strong rumours I've seen have been from the Daily Mail so let's hope it's BS.

Some dude called "Vernon" on talkSPORT just mentioned that there are strong rumours emanating from VP that Benitez will be appointed this week.

I see. The only strong rumours I've seen have been from the Daily Mail so let's hope it's BS.

Doesn't really sound logical. Surely they'd just do it at the end of the season?

If Spurs are getting pissed off with Redknapp for not winning the league, can we have him?

(For the record, I hate him but Villa come first!)

He'd be a brilliant manager for us, but next stop for him is England.

I agree on both counts.

I didn't realise Benitez was only 51, he has done a lot in management for somebody that age. Even Arsene Wenger hasn't won as many European trophies and he is 10 years older.

There was a guy called Vernon who used to call in to local radio. Used to talk some sense but never seemed to be in the know.

This is the same bloke who said the he was told that Mark Hughes was about to be appointed just prior to MON walking out. Calls in regularly. I've said it before, £20 to VT if Rafa becomes Gaffa.

What do we hope to achieve with Rafa Benitez?

He was just as bad in the transfer market as MON

We managed to finish above him last season

He has a good European record, but we can't offer him Europe

His gone downhill recently, which isn't a good sign

His an EX Liverpool manager, do we really want to embarass ourselves with another in a row?

Still, I think it would most definitately be an improvement over Gerard Houllier, but I don't think his the perfect guy to cut down the wage bill while keeping the squad impact, which we're suppose to be doing.

Whoever comes in will get my 100% support, just like I gave GH. No matter what I feel, I will get behind the manager.

blind faith ?

Don't you ever question if things aren't right ?

Whoever comes in will get my 100% support, just like I gave GH. No matter what I feel, I will get behind the manager.
Same. If Benitez is appointed manager I'll approach it in a "let's wait and see manner". My worry is that he wont be given enough time by the fans.

I didn't like Benitez during the Barry saga, nor how he had his Liverpool playing, so he'd be starting with a few marks in the negative column for me. I'd also be wary because the highest profile manager, or the one who has worked at the highest level and won the most trophies, isn't necessarily going to be the one that's the best fit for Villa.