Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe there's a Villa fan out there who is talking up Steve Bruce for the Villa job.

What an absolute joke.

He was joking.

i wasn't though, he'd certainly be an improvement on gh

Yes, what with Sunderland having such a marvelous season and all that. :?

he's a good man manager and has acquired excellent players for a club like sunderland, they were 6th a few weeks ago

Can't believe there's a Villa fan out there who is talking up Steve Bruce for the Villa job.

What an absolute joke.

He was joking.

i wasn't though, he'd certainly be an improvement on gh

Yes, what with Sunderland having such a marvelous season and all that. :?

he's a good man manager and has acquired excellent players for a club like sunderland, they were 6th a few weeks ago

He's a shit manager who plays shit football. If he stays long enough at any club he gets found out, just like he's been found out now at Sunderland.

And what does it matter what position he was in a few weeks ago? He's even managed to be below us this season with all our problems!

He's a disaster!

I'd rather Bruce than Houllier.

The reason why Sunderland are doing so bad is because we took their best player!

I'd rather Dave Bassett than either of those!!!

Even Fred Bassett would be a step up.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

I'd rather Bruce than Houllier.

The reason why Sunderland are doing so bad is because we took their best player!

I'd rather Dave Bassett than either of those!!!

Even Fred Bassett would be a step up.

Mike, Bertie???

I am convinced not having a manager may even improve our results?

I don't subscribe to the view that we are already sounding out managers. However the situation will not be wasted on potential candidates who are positioning themselves for what seems likely to be an inevitable change.

Hughes has apparently not signed a new contract at Fulham, Benitez saying he wants to manage in the PL again and ditto for Ranieri who apparently still owns a property in London.

The big question for me will be whether the club are prepared to pinch an incumbent manager. Last time they categorically ruled that out which I believe was enormously shortsighted.

Personally I could (now) see Moyes up for a move to Villa as he goes to a similar sized club with much more money. I think he cannot do anything more at Everton. Hughes I think covets the Villa job so would be interested. Coyle would be gettable too as we are a bigger club than Bolton.

However I do wonder whether we should be looking at a good young manager like Paul Lambert who could really work with the team and build something.