Skiing: Advise needed

GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

Snowboarding is for the people who skateboard. Why would you want to be on a slow ass snowboard. Skiing is for real men, way faster and far quicker turning.

You also spend far less time on your ass

To be fair I do both, thus can see the positives in both.

Skiing is far better on hard packed/icy piests (all too common:( ) and for those days you just want straight line silly speed.

However boarding is simply just more fun (even on-piste)!

If there is any kind of fresh snow around there is no comparison!

Snowboarding is for the people who skateboard. Why would you want to be on a slow ass snowboard. Skiing is for real men, way faster and far quicker turning.

Skiing is far better on hard packed/icy piests (all too common:( ) and for those days you just want straight line silly speed.

Dont agree,

Skiied for many years, but when you get good at it you look like youve spent your life practicing and look like a smart arse, dunno why i get that impression but boarding looks cooler lol and is amazing on fresh powder :D

You wouldn't keep up with me on my 173 Triumph and you wouldn't have the fun I can have on my 163 Sherlock.

Snowboarding FTW.

Dont agree,

Skiied for many years, but when you get good at it you look like youve spent your life practicing and look like a smart arse, dunno why i get that impression but boarding looks cooler lol and is amazing on fresh powder :D

But you haven't disagreed :)

Dont agree,

But you haven't disagreed :)

I dont agree that there is positives in skiing :winkold:

Anyone been skiing in New Zealand. Particularly around Queenstown.

I have done a day in remarkables in New Zealand but that was i think in 2005. It was pretty limited in Comparison to the Alps, i think there was only 5 chair lifts when i was there. I hear its improved since but i dont think i could suggest it to skiiers or boarders who frequent the Alps or resorts in the States and Canada

Personally i really want to go boarding in Chile, that would be amazing!

Im hoping to go boarding in Les 2 Alps on the glacier this summer again! Its the perfect trip for a Park lover like myself. Have a few obsticals though like money, days off and i am meant to be moving house when i want to go.

On the Skiing vs Boarding argument one is not better than the other, they are different things. I can do both to a fairly good standard depending on who im talking to, im no baselayer (although i did try to give her a tip after seeing a photo :oops: :shock: ) Skiing is more active, you have to put in effort to ski well down a mountain, while boarding the better you get the less effort it is. I am a boarder at heart but with all the changes to skis (fat boy twin tips etc) a skiier can nearly enjoy everything about boarding without switching and im not sure the same could be said the other way round. Then again only pricks with sticks want to do moguls anyway ;)

Say what you like about Skiing, but show me a snowboarder who is as cool as

guy.

I don't get the whole snowboarder/skier rivalry. If you got the balls and the style when laying huge tricks then it doesn't really matter what you ride. As a skier I obviously prefer watching skiers lay big runs, but can still respect snowboarders when they are doing there thing.

Say what you like about Skiing, but show me a snowboarder who is as cool as
guy.

I don't get the whole snowboarder/skier rivalry. If you got the balls and the style when laying huge tricks then it doesn't really matter what you ride. As a skier I obviously prefer watching skiers lay big runs, but can still respect snowboarders when they are doing there thing.

Ah yes but the majority of people arent laying tricks let alone huge tricks

EDIT:

Also i wouldnt say that isnt extremely cool but its impressive, cool skiing (and boarders) its all about style! e.g a well spun 3 is better than a poorly spun 5.If your looking for the coolest skiiers look no further than TJ Schiller and Jon Olsson!

also check out Jon Olsson's car:

lamborghini-lp670-4--1_460x0w.jpg

There was a bloke on a mountain on his first ever skiing holiday. He had never been before and he didnt really know what to do. He wasnt sure how to ski, whether you went zig and then zag, or zag and then zig. At the very top of the mountain he saw another bloke.

"excuse me mate, but its my first time here. When you ski, do you zig and then zag, or do you zag and then zig?"

The other guy replied: "Dunno anything about skiing mate, I'm a tobogganist."

"Oh, in that case I'll have twenty Benson & Hedges please!"

#thankyouverymuch

It was only a matter of time until someone brought SW into the equation. Fair spiel he can nail some mad runs, but it just doesn't look as cool as someone who is rocking it on ski's.

• 5 months later...

Adventure starts in approximately one hour's time. Heading off to Heathrow this afternoon - then: Vail, Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breck, Keystone (night riding) and A-Basin.

To say I'm a bit excited would be an understatement. I'm as excited as Alex McLeish is shit at management.

Â