Skiing: Advise needed

GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

Right, after my disaster laden trip to the States I have booked up to go to Verbier at the start of March. The cracked ribs should be repaired properly by then! I've got an apartment booked in Nendaz for the week, a couple of valleys over from Verbier itself, but also at a fraction of the cost.

Anyone know anything about the Four Valleys area? I know it's got 5 stars for advanced riding (why I'm heading there) and 4 stars for snowboarding (as long as it's not loads of cat tracks I will be happy) and that there is 410km of piste there.

I also know the ski pass is going to cost about £240 for six days, making it a bit more than France but a lot less than Colorado passes. So, if anyone knows anything about the place:

Is it busy on the slopes (like French resorts) or empty (like Colorado resorts)?

Are there any significant pistes I should be planning to ride?

How much is beer?

Right, after my disaster laden trip to the States I have booked up to go to Verbier at the start of March. The cracked ribs should be repaired properly by then! I've got an apartment booked in Nendaz for the week, a couple of valleys over from Verbier itself, but also at a fraction of the cost.

Anyone know anything about the Four Valleys area? I know it's got 5 stars for advanced riding (why I'm heading there) and 4 stars for snowboarding (as long as it's not loads of cat tracks I will be happy) and that there is 410km of piste there.

I also know the ski pass is going to cost about £240 for six days, making it a bit more than France but a lot less than Colorado passes. So, if anyone knows anything about the place:

Is it busy on the slopes (like French resorts) or empty (like Colorado resorts)?

How much is beer?

My friend lives close to Verbier hence i go there quite often.

First thing is dont be expecting crowd free slopes as its a really busy resort, especially down the bottom towards the learner slopes by Verbier itself.

Verbier town is the most expensive area you will ever visit as its geared towards the hoo ha henrys of this world, (I have seen Lamborginis driving around town) and the restaunts and bars reflect this. Its good that you are staying in Nendaz as its a lot cheaper and more friendly.

However these are the downsides, the reason its so popular is its a great resort for boarding, just stay high and you will love it. Nendaz is great but head over to Verbiers slopes for the better riding, IMO of course.

I have just noticed your request for a good piest.

There is a little resort down the bottom of the resort 'La Tzoumaz', as soon as you step off the main lift (Savoleyres) there are 2 reds that follow the tobboggan course down to the bottom of the mountain. They are a great couple of runs for racing down and cutting in and off piest.

How much is beer?

First thing is dont be expecting crowd free slopes as its a really busy resort, especially down the bottom towards the learner slopes by Verbier itself.

Verbier town is the most expensive area you will ever visit as its geared towards the hoo ha henrys of this world, (I have seen Lamborginis driving around town) and the restaunts and bars reflect this. Its good that you are staying in Nendaz as its a lot cheaper and more friendly.

However these are the downsides, the reason its so popular is its a great resort for boarding, just stay high and you will love it. Nendaz is great but head over to Verbiers slopes for the better riding, IMO of course.

Cheers! I don't know how exclusive I'm expecting it to be really, but I've been to Aspen and Beaver Creek this season already. Beaver Creek is 'a bit upmarket'. I'm hoping the snow is better than it was in Colorado and also better than it was during the first week of March last year when I spent the week in Flaine.

Still, 3rd March and I'll be getting my fill for the week...

How much is beer?

Cheers! I don't know how exclusive I'm expecting it to be really, but I've been to Aspen and Beaver Creek this season already. Beaver Creek is 'a bit upmarket'. I'm hoping the snow is better than it was in Colorado and also better than it was during the first week of March last year when I spent the week in Flaine.

Still, 3rd March and I'll be getting my fill for the week...

See my hint on the good piest (above), its a great run you will have to try!

• 11 months later...
Â