Skiing: Advise needed

GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS

In Aspen this morning. The snow is gash.

:firefox: Bad times have a cuddle

And icy conditions are no time for reverse cambers! Why did I leave my other board in Devon?

PS. I was at Buttermilk this morning, The pipe is looking rather nice!

Anyone any idea what the snows been like in Europe recently? Some of my friends have said they've heard it's been pretty poor.

Well, they had 6 ft of the stuff in Tignes last week. The press only report on Europe when the snow is shit. From what I gather, Europe is having a great early season.

Check snow-forecast.com for snow news, it's pretty reliable...

Right then Colorado, you've McLeish'd my holiday.

The snow is **** gash everywhere. I've beaten your norovirus but did you really have to follow it up with a comically bad sore throat?

My Burton Sherlock (new for this trip) is now ****. A full base grind is required after 3 days riding. Yes, that's 3 days riding out of 7, such is the condition of the snow.

Going to hire a traditional camber board tomorrow so I can get down the mountain without shitting my pants.

And if that fails, **** you Colorado, I'm getting pissed all the way through until my flight back to Heathrow on Sunday...

...on your wonderful beer, the best I have drank any where in the world. :cheers:

Well, I'm a real ale drinker in the UK and I've been drinking Fort Collins' Fat Tire and Breckenridge Avalanche since I posted earlier.

The beer here is excellent. American lager, however, like most of the worlds lager, is gash.

I do hope that MMFy preferred Fat Tire to Blue Moon (Blue Moon being Coors' attempt at a craft beer).

Avalanche now, but one of my mates here has some Blue Moon in the fridge...

Blue Moon is an ale (it's some sort of imitation of a witbier), IINM.

While I agree that the vast majority of American lagers are terrible, there are exceptions: Sam Adams Boston Lager and Winter Lager come to mind.

Blue Moon is an ale (it's some sort of imitation of a witbier), IINM.

While I agree that the vast majority of American lagers are terrible, there are exceptions: Sam Adams Boston Lager and Winter Lager come to mind

When i was last in the states with the family i took your advice with the Sam Adams, nice it was too!! My local offy has got me some in the past, although it's hellishly expensive.

Cheers Nick

Anyone any idea what the snows been like in Europe recently? Some of my friends have said they've heard it's been pretty poor.

It's snowing heavy as I look out of the window ! It's been a good start to the season considering , the only problem we've had is all the heavy snowfalls have been followed by a rise in temperature resulting in heavy rain which has trashed the runs into resort. That said there is at least a 1 metre base up top and conditions are excellent , from what i've heard Soll is the same (its only 25 mins away) ... hope that helps .....

I'm off skiing at the beginning of March with a few mates - likely destination being Soll in Austria. Wondering whether anybody has been here and got any reccomendations on where to stay?

Also, i'm a bit of a novice (had a few lessons but thats it) and need to buy some ski clobber - anyone got a good website where i can get the best prices on jackets, goggles etc?

Cheers fellow VTers

I probably can't offer much advice here, it's been 15 years since i skied there, although it is (was) about a mile from the town centre to the first lift. The year we went there was so much snow that if you had enough momentum when you got to the bottom of the last run back home, then you could ski all the way into town. In fact i have some footage somewhere of the wife doing just that! All the way to the Hotel Post right on the corner in th centre.

I liked Soll. Not too hard, some great cruising runs, and linked villages. You can ski in a different area every day. And it had some good nightlife too!

Cheers Nick

• 5 weeks later...

Im off Skiing on Sunday, excitement kicking in now!!

Anyway, I am off to Sestriere, first time I've been to this area, anyone else been there? Good resort? Looking forward to taking on the Men's Downhill from the 2006 Winter Olympics they held there

Â