Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

So clever that he just wants GH out without any idea of what's or who's to come in his place!

I think you 'mis-read'. John_Lerwill.

I'll quote what I posted so that you can have another go:

I'm not sure I particularly have a preference (perhaps someone like Grayson?) but I do know who I don't really want.

Is that 'without any idea'? No, I don't believe so.

Ooh look, I even suggested a name, didn't I?

What I did say is that I'm not sure that I have a particular preference (i.e. I'm not dead set on any one particular person).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So clever that he just wants GH out without any idea of what's or who's to come in his place!

I think you 'mis-read'. John_Lerwill.

I'll quote what I posted so that you can have another go:

I'm not sure I particularly have a preference (perhaps someone like Grayson?) but I do know who I don't really want.

Is that 'without any idea'? No, I don't believe so.

Ooh look, I even suggested a name, didn't I?

What I did say is that I'm not sure that I have a particular preference (i.e. I'm not dead set on any one particular person).

The only reason i have said Sam is because, we could more than likely get him now, he'd have a few weeks to sign players and he would work better with the players we have now.

I think you 'mis-read'. John_Lerwill. ...

Then we can go on mis-reading one another till the cows come home!

Two can play that game. :?

The only reason i have said Sam is because, we could more than likely get him now, he'd have a few weeks to sign players and he would work better with the players we have now.

To be honest, it would be the 'signing players' and Fat Sam that would get me worried. :P

I do understand the availability idea and, given recent history, an 'available' manager would be more than likely.

In the end, though, I think they'll do as they have said and stick with Houllier all the way (whether that be mid table, just scraping home or until it's too late).

Let's hope it's one of the first two.

Let's hope it's one of the first two.

Indeed, i'll even enjoy my humble pie if it happens :) .

My problem is from what i can see is we will only get worse if we sack GH.

1) Who would we replace him with and even if we did replace him who is to say that the next manager won't have the same problem.

2) We really can't waste this month looking for a new manager we need to be looking for new players because with the right bunch of players working under GH i am confident that he can do wonders for the club .

The worst thing we can do in a crisis like is panic and tht is just what everyone is doing at the moment there are still a lot of games to play in the league so lets just have a little faith that some more signings can be made and maybe we can get rid of some of the deadwood around villa who are doing nothing but creating negative vibes for everyone.

1) Who would we replace him with and even if we did replace him who is to say that the next manager won't have the same problem.

2) We really can't waste this month looking for a new manager we need to be looking for new players because with the right bunch of players working under GH i am confident that he can do wonders for the club .

The worst thing we can do in a crisis like is panic and tht is just what everyone is doing at the moment there are still a lot of games to play in the league so lets just have a little faith that some more signings can be made and maybe we can get rid of some of the deadwood around villa who are doing nothing but creating negative vibes for everyone.

Agree. I think he can turn it around with a few new faces in January.

This is pretty much my view on it too, would not be a great idea to sack him now as I do believe he will turn this around. Every club goes through bad form just look at Wolves, 4 wins in their past 7 after being in the bottom 3 for so long.

Could anybody imagine if this was a family member causing this much shite as what empty head has done!

Driving a wedge between the family, causing this much nerve and unrest, bringing so much shame to the family name!

Would you still want this so called family member around after all what they are doin and the pain they are causing to the rest of the family!

I really hate this man so much now its beyond hope and repair.

I hate everything he dose, i hate everything he says, i even hate the sound of his voice.

Infact i hate empty head because he even sounds like Borat on Special Brew!

You are right, I actually don't speak to my uncle or cousin anymore. They tried taking on a job but in the end they were really shit at it. So I just thought, what words removed they are. Being shit like that. Haven't spoken to them since.

So yes, your comment makes perfect sense.

I think you missed the whole point of the above post.

You are right, I actually don't speak to my uncle or cousin anymore. They tried taking on a job but in the end they were really shit at it. So I just thought, what words removed they are. Being shit like that. Haven't spoken to them since.

So yes, your comment makes perfect sense.

:P

What a ridiculous comparison. Football is a business at the end of the day.

Fair enough but they guy is doing a shit job. Doesn't mean personal jibes are acceptable. I don't see why people 'hate' him...he's doing shit at a JOB, it's not on purpose.

My comparison was shit but so was his. The guy doesn't deserve to be hated just because he's shit at what he's doing in my opinion, especially when it's personal. I hate him as a football manager sure but when people say 'I hate the person'....or whatever, I find it quite sad.

Same with the players, they rarely get 'personal abuse' for being shit, I don't get why managers should.

Â