Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

delaying his arrival for 2 weeks for seemingly no reason, faffing around in France doing God knows what

I wouldn't have a go for that, how did we do in the two weeks he was not here?

home draw against bolton and last minute loss to stoke. what's the point? My point is why was he not desperate to get over here and get to grips with the team?

and if he had of done we'd be one point worse off!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day Fran I respect your opinion and that's what this message board is for but I just can't agree with you. If we got Sam Allardyce he would be here long term as Lerner won't sack Houllier so what makes you think he'll do the same with big Sam. Let's just agree to disagree as I've argued my side of this enough now so just feel like I'm going around in circles mate
i respest your opinion to mate, at the end of the day we all want whats best for the club. like i have said before, i'd eat a large slice of humble pie if GH keeps us in the league.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here just wants what's best for the club, if he keeps us up fair enough, if we have to sack Houllier and can find someone else to take over who is proven and can keep us up and has potential to stay here long term then fair enough. As long as the future of Aston Villa is not ruined and we can stay in the league. I'm not as huge a Houllier fan as some people make out but I just don't think it would be right for any manager to be sacked in this position and at this point of the season. I hope we can sort out this mess soon

Im not a season ticket holder myself (was going to be until GH came but thats another story) but i'm only saying Sam because i think he'd be best for us in this situation,i wouldn't like his style here for years to come but he would more than likely get us decent results for now. for now i'm just thinking safety thats all.

I'd take big Sam in a flash.

I wonder if there's a difference in opinion between ST holders and none ST holders on this issue?

As a ST holder, i'd take anything to keep us in the premiership, even if this meant signing Barton and employing Allardyce (whom i actually believe to be our best bet anyway).

But I wonder if those who dont attend so often are more interested in the long term goals of the club?

Don't think you can say STH are any less of a fan than a non STH.

For what it's worth I'm a season ticket holder and while Sam Allardyce might be good short term, his performance in potentially keeping us up would keep him here long term. This is my point. I do not want to see him anywhere near this club.

I'm desperately trying not to enter into a "better fan" competition.

But I do wonder whether those who go to the games possibly have a greater short term survival focus than those who dont go to the games.

Though what you're saying goes against the grain of this idea.

Tricky one because I'm not sure whether STH would want to watch his football either

Would it be that different to the football played under Oneill though?

I think as much as Houllier's style doesnt suit our players, Allardyce's would.

O'Neill played a better game than Allardyce ever has although it is fairly similar. He would probably suit us but don't think it is the right option. No way should we even be thinking of him. It's far too easy to say Houllier out after the performances and results, far too many kneejerk reactions, pretty glad the board haven't been the same

I'd take big Sam in a flash.

I wonder if there's a difference in opinion between ST holders and none ST holders on this issue?

As a ST holder, i'd take anything to keep us in the premiership, even if this meant signing Barton and employing Allardyce (whom i actually believe to be our best bet anyway).

But I wonder if those who dont attend so often are more interested in the long term goals of the club?

Don't think you can say STH are any less of a fan than a non STH.

For what it's worth I'm a season ticket holder and while Sam Allardyce might be good short term, his performance in potentially keeping us up would keep him here long term. This is my point. I do not want to see him anywhere near this club.

I'm desperately trying not to enter into a "better fan" competition.

But I do wonder whether those who go to the games possibly have a greater short term survival focus than those who dont go to the games.

Though what you're saying goes against the grain of this idea.

Tricky one because I'm not sure whether STH would want to watch his football either

I think as much as Houllier's style doesnt suit our players, Allardyce's would.

Thats what i'm trying to say, its not a question of wanting to watch that style play, its about staying up with the players we have. i dont even think GH could bring in enough players at this stage to play the way he wants, so in other words getting in someone that can get the best out of what we have is more than likely the best option.

We need a proven manager, we don't need someone who 'could' be one. Whatever happens I just hope the club have thought long and hard about it and make sure that it will be the right decision because if we get rid of Houllier and get someone in who gives us even worse performances and results, imagine everyone's reaction then

I'm not a STH and while I do believe in the medium to long term a lot of things needed to be changed and that Houllier does look to be making some of these changes, none of these should be at the expense of survival in the Premiership. Infact none of these should be at the expense of being anywhere near the bottom 3 at this stage in the season and not at least finishing 10th (12th at a push).

Well the above hopes have been and gone, too much change too quickly. I don't know what will fix this, but I think i'm in the camp of anything but the Championship, whether that requires big Sam or whatever.

We need a proven manager, we don't need someone who 'could' be one. Whatever happens I just hope the club have thought long and hard about it and make sure that it will be the right decision because if we get rid of Houllier and get someone in who gives us even worse performances and results, imagine everyone's reaction then

I don't actually think it would be possible to give us worse performances and results at the moment.

It's far too easy to say Houllier out after the performances and results, far too many kneejerk reactions, pretty glad the board haven't been the same

Quite a few of us didn't want him here in the first place, we thought he was going to be shit for us but obviously 'wished' him to do well. So for those it isn't knee jerk, simply confirmation of their original opinions 5 months ago.

I can accept Allerdyce on a short contract.

NOTHING MORE.

This, this and another slice of this!!

There's no doubt that he'd save us from relegation. And yes, we'd all rejoice and party; probably have a big, lairy piss up in the Holte Suite, and suck each other off with gay abandon, but once the dust has settled...I don't know what would be worse - realising we've all had each others' cocks in our mouths or that we're stuck with Big Sam for another three years.

Six month contract and no more.

Anyway, rumour on the BBC gossip column is he's off to Qatar to get himself a slice of the Arab oil money.

It's far too easy to say Houllier out after the performances and results, far too many kneejerk reactions, pretty glad the board haven't been the same

Quite a few of us didn't want him here in the first place, we thought he was going to be shit for us but obviously 'wished' him to do well. So for those it isn't knee jerk, simply confirmation of their original opinions 5 months ago.

Fair enough, not going to argue with the fans who originally thought he wouldn't be good for us.

..I don't know what would be worse - realising we've all had each others' cocks in our mouths or that we're stuck with Big Sam for another three years.

:D:D:D:D

And we would get to sign El Hadj Diouf aka The Spitter

I don't actually think it would be possible to give us worse performances and results at the moment.

All right, suppose they were no better ... what would therefore be the purpose of GH's (imagined) exit?

Oh, dear. Have a Happy New Year - please.

Thank you for the good wishes. Not sure what it has to do with the price of a cup of tea, though.

Your claim still appears to me to be absolute cobblers.

Again, wrong interpretations/mis-reading I'm afraid.

Would you care to try and explain why?

Probably not, I dare say. Too tough.

Â