Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Get Jol. The vast majority of supporters will back Martin's appointment as manager.

Not as much as ud think

How is that then?
Has he ever worked with a team fighting relegation?, Jol wouldn't be the man to get us out of this mess. And as much as i'd like someone like Paul Lambert he couldn't do it either, a Paul Lambert style manager should have been appointed at the start, but Randy and the rest of the useless cu nts couldn't even do that much. they thought it would be a better idea to go out and get an unmotivated 63 year old has been to make a mess of our club.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are they 1 point from bottom? Do they have to have their arses wiped for them?

Why do people defend the players? they're as guilty as anyone.

Of course but these are the same players who finished 6th last season bar one. I'd say a manager with any nouse would have us performing at mid table.

I think the players are that disinterested, i think MON would even be struggling!!!

Last night on the hour it was obvious something needed to be changed, we needed to make a few subs.

Heard Hou saying somewhere he was just about to make some subs when Heskey got sent off, so of course he couldn't make them any more.

As usual, it seems it was someone else's fault, NOT Hou's... :lol:

It never is Ged the Reds fault is it??.

Get Jol. The vast majority of supporters will back Martin's appointment as manager.

Not as much as ud think

How is that then?

Because he's been abject in his last two jobs possibly?

He was under financial restrictions at Ajax, and he had Hamburg at the top of the league for the first time in eight years. If Jol has been abject, then I wonder what you're are calling GH's job here.

Mon wouldve struggled big time, look at the injuries, he wanted to sell Bannan, no way would he have backed Hogg and Clark and doubtfull Albrighton wouldve had such a run.

It'd be Osbourne, Sidwell, Salif..... i cant bare to say it.

So why are they 1 point from bottom? Do they have to have their arses wiped for them?

Of course but these are the same players who finished 6th last season bar one. I'd say a manager with any nouse would have us performing at mid table.

I think the players are that disinterested, i think MON would even be struggling!!!

they are unmotivated by this manager though, its as clear as day that his ideas aren't working.

As for 8 internationals last night, I`m sure I was one of thousands last night that wouldn`t call them internationals at all.

Well they have all played for international teams so they are and therefore managers must have seen something in these players for them to play there.

Of course but after recent results and performances how many would get a call up now?!

The here and now is more important and were in the mire and as I said before, GH and the players need to get a grip and fast.

they are unmotivated by this manager though, its as clear as day that his ideas aren't working.

**** me, £50k a week not enough motivation?

Last night on the hour it was obvious something needed to be changed, we needed to make a few subs.

Heard Hou saying somewhere he was just about to make some subs when Heskey got sent off, so of course he couldn't make them any more.

As usual, it seems it was someone else's fault, NOT Hou's... :lol:

Well hes a liar, I can lip read and he was muttering something about what his mom had made him for dinner when he gets home. DOL used to say the same things actually...

...On a serious note, I'm not usually for sacking as long term managers prove time and time to be the best but as bad as it looks we have a real opertunity to finish 6th or maybe even 5th from where we are as there is only a few points in it. We just need something that can start getting us those few points and we need it now.

A quote heard on radio by a colleague this morning.

'Gerard Houllier looks like an old bloke who has wandered into a park where a bunch of kids are playing football and decided to stand and watch'

I thought that it summed him up pretty nicely.

Second thought-those who, like me, spent much of their time heading up the A38 in the 87/88 season must, like me, have a perverse hankering for second tier away days.......... :winkold:

I've earmarked a few away days for next year that should be good fun. Namely Cardiff and Bristol.

Though sod's law dictates that Cardiff'll get promoted and Bristol will get relegated.

Mon wouldve struggled big time, look at the injuries, he wanted to sell Bannan, no way would he have backed Hogg and Clark and doubtfull Albrighton wouldve had such a run.

Yep, this is O'Neill's mess as much as Houllier's, if not more.

O'Neill leaves a dark cloud over every club that he manages and I rue the day that he became involved with our club. In this instance hindsight is a not so wonderful thing.

O'Neill leaves a dark cloud over every club that he manages and I rue the day that he became involved with our club. In this instance hindsight is a not so wonderful thing.

Im glad someone else see's it.

**** me, £50k a week not enough motivation?

Would buy me motivation. Offer me that and I'll do anything you want...and gladly.

exactly, so why do the players escape blame and people say GH is not motivating them?

Is that what he's there for!??

O'Neill isn't sending these players out the dressing room. Yes he left us 5 days before the season started but we can't blame him forever. We are now in January, I could accept if it was September and players are coming back from injury and making no difference to the side.

Both the manager AND the players must shoulder the blame.
Well, if the players are getting bashed by the manager to the press its not going to go down well, the same goes for getting beaten after games, he never shoulders any blame its always someone or something else. he's never man enough and that rubs off on the players.

O'Neill isn't sending these players out the dressing room. Yes he left us 5 days before the season started but we can't blame him forever. We are now in January, I could accept if it was September and players are coming back from injury and making no difference to the side.

MON left us with a bunch of over paid billy big bollox. And an under experienced youth.

work it out for yourself.

I was initially one for giving Ged a chance due to injuries etc. but the last month or so, when many of the injuries have been sorted, show that he does not have a clue how to set up a PL team in modern times.

- Collins has been terrible but retains his place.

- I can see his rationale for dropping Warnock but dropping him completely from the squad? How is that going to help him get his confidence back.

- Petrov and NRC are not a CM pairing - there is no creativity and a massive gap between the CM and strikers. They can potentially play in a three with an attacking CM'er but the only one of those that we have is SI and he doesn't want to give him a shot.

- Petrov staying on after 60 minutes ..... Please.

- DJ on the right when we are playing a right footed player on the left!

- Gabby as a LW?

- Ash cannot play in the hole. He works his butt off and I love him for that effort but he has no impact. The only time he affected the game at all last night was when he found himself out wide and got a good cross in.

- No subs last night until the 88th minute and the formation we ended up with?? Reminiscent of the MON Barry to left back bring on another forward and have no midfield. Crazy!

Im glad someone else see's it.

Not me.

Three consecutive top 6 finishes is enough for me to believe that Oneill would be doing substantially better with a squad that is 95% identical to last year's.

Â