Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I swapped my companion again the other day. I am using some Warrior guy called Vorstag who cost me 500 gold. He is a double hard bastard, I can stand and watch him beat the shit out of pretty much anything in a one on one fight. I have decided to give him all the staves I have looted too, and the AI is pretty clever on when to use them. If he is at range then he will shoot things with the fireball staff he has rather than go steaming in with melee weapons, but he can tank stuff for longer than a Mage companion would be able to so I think I am getting the best of both worlds.

List of the 45 companions in Skyrim, and where/how to get them.

Haven't had it myself, but then I've killed everyone in Markath so there's nobody to glitch with.

I warned them not to throw me in the mine.

:shock: Really?! How did you do that?

First I killed the 3 guards in the temple, then I just went outside and killed everyone I could. Then I reloaded and did the quest properly. Was great fun though! 8)

Guards in the temple wouldn't die in my playthrough, they would crumple to the floor and then then get back up after 20 seconds or so. Hence why I am a wanted man in Markath now.

Dragons are getting a bit bolshy now; they've started dropping straight into Whiterun and I got double-teamed outside of Solitude as well.

How does one begin this "A Night To Remember" quest I've been hearing about?

So I'm gonna be starting this in a week or so, are there any initial do's and don'ts essential to the ultimate Skyrim experience?

For example, I've read that some things are too overpowered and can make it too easy...

Are there any races which serve for more exciting gameplay... [i think I want to be a Dark Elf, they look like my kinda race] ... stuff like that?

I suppose its meant to about finding your own way, but I'm scared :notsure:

Bretons are good. Solid with magic but don't lose out in other areas as a result. Speaking from the perspective of if I started another playthrough knowing what I know now, the things I would look to focus on are...

•Archery

•Sneak

•Smithing

•Enchanting

•One-Handed

•Destruction

•Restoration

•Alchemy

Then the rest, however you wanna slice 'em. I'd get to the Mage's College pronto, the item you get for completing the storyline is fantastic and as soon as you can pick up the Transmute and Soul Trap spells you can generate some decent cash and hoard soul gems. I'd also buy a house in Whiterun and furnish it as soon as possible.

The repeated Theives Guild 'extra' bits to build the guild back up and unlock the other town quests are so **** tedious. It's getting so annoying seeing those damn loading screens going from Riften to the Ragged Flagon to the Cistern to the Ragged Flagon back to Riften...uhhhhhhhh

How does one begin this "A Night To Remember" quest I've been hearing about?

I started it in the Inn in Whiterun (the one that isn't nearest the entrance), but I think there are a few Inns you can start it in in various towns. Talk to some people, and if one asks if you would like to little drinking competition, tell him yes. After all, what harm could it do...?

Many thanks, my dear Elfin Sodomiser. :thumb:

The repeated Theives Guild 'extra' bits to build the guild back up and unlock the other town quests are so **** tedious.
That they are. I gave up doing them after a while as they were just boring the piss out of me. tired-sleeping-smiley-17372.gif

I just went through the first cave/dungeon thingy-ma-jig and think I've missed something. Its the very first one by Ravenwood (sp). I lamped some gimp in a web and took back the claw, but didn't get my mits on anything more substantial.

I think I have figured out the bound weapon thing. If you conjure a bound weapon, then go into your inventory and mouse over another weapon then the game will show you how much damage your currently equipped item will do and how much better/worse the item you are mousing over is. FWIW, my character will do 153 damage with the bound bow with his current gear and perks. The best I can do with an actual weapon is 115 damage with an Ebony bow and Daedric arrows, which is 38 less. However, I can add 112 damage to my Ebony bow with a double enchant. I suspect that bound weapons are based on their Daedric equivalents. Now I have actually seen a couple of Daedric items in game it seems they are reskins of the Daedric weapon model.

TLDR: Bound weapons are on a par with/better than the best "real" stuff in the game, with the possible exception of to a guy with 100 in enchanting and a grand soul gem. I would imagine they are extremely powerful at low levels compared to other items, both in terms of damage and the fact that they weigh nothing.

I have to say that Aela (the Companion hunter) is really shit to take along with you. She always seems to lag behind, and not make use of all the great weaponry and armour I've decked her out in. Marcurio (the mage) is much, much better, and as I married him he also earns me 100 gold a day from his shop, bless him. Anyway I'm now head honcho of the Thieves Guild and Harbinger of the Companions.

Walked into my house in Markarth late last night, after a hard few days away adventuring. **** SNOW BEAR RUNS DOWN THE HALL STRAIGHT AT ME. Killed it, but my main concern was for wifey. Had it killed her??? I ran frantically from room to room, until I came to our chambre...she was lying motionless on the bed. Talos be praised, she had slept through the whole damned affair, it would seem.

I love this game.

I have to say that Aela (the Companion hunter) is really shit to take along with you. She always seems to lag behind, and not make use of all the great weaponry and armour I've decked her out in. Marcurio (the mage) is much, much better, and as I married him he also earns me 100 gold a day from his shop, bless him. Anyway I'm now head honcho of the Thieves Guild and Harbinger of the Companions.

I married Aela and I really like her. Every person you marry gives you 100 gold everyday from the shop they run. Every character you can bring with you is different. I like Aela because she is mostly long range with her bow. I made her a set of Ebony armor with enchantments for archery, health, and heavy armor all over her armor (Double enchanting is really awesome). I also enchanted her bow. She helps me out by killing the other archers. Plus when we get back to the home, she put on this really skimpy outfit I got her which is HOT!

Â