villafan306

Are we in a relegation fight?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a relegation fight?

• No chance
    • Yes, but we'll be out by April
    • Yes, but we'll survive at last minute
    • Yes, and we'll go down

And to think I started a thread last week called Europe - how times change.

Are we in a relegation fight? Not in my view. Lok at the teams in the relegtion zone. Sunderland (desipte a point against Spurs) are relegated unless than can produce the bigest comeback since Lazarus. Pompey are in deep trouble. 8 points away from West Brom with just 12 left to play means that they are going to have to play their socks off to get out of this mess and with games still to come against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and West Ham, it doesn't look too promising. SHA have just a tough a run in and are trailing WBA by 6 points. Tomorrow sees them travel to Upton Park followed by games against Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Bolton and a crucial game at Villa Park. WBA sit on 26 points but with games against the top 6 comnig up their best chance of survival looks to b other teams slipping up. Boro's confidence will be sky high after beating Chelsea 3-0 but they do have a tough run in and with games in the UEFA and FA cup still to play things could be tricky for them.

As for us? Well we have the easiest run in out of the bottom 6 with our only really bad tie an away game at Highbury. Home games against Sunderland, SHA, Pompey and WBA should allow us to pull ourselves clear of any trouble we may find ourselves in.

Home games against Sunderland, SHA, Pompey and WBA should allow us to pull ourselves clear of any trouble we may find ourselves in.

Like the wins we should have had v West Spam and Barcodes

Here's hoping we get relegatged then Denis you may have it spot on for a change.

:roll:

Can't see it though, Blues alone have to pull back a 10 point deficit and even allowing for our run of injuries and luck if you compare both Blues, Boros and Albions fixtures and form we still have the best chances.

Stranger things have happened of course but Dougs so sure we won't get relegated he closed the purse strings we won't

IMO this thread isn't even relevant although I can understand Vilafan306 posting it. There is no way that we will be relegated and IMO will finish at least 10 points above the drop zone.

Had we have won yesterday (which based on the 2nd half we deserved to) this thread would not even be on here. What fine lines peoples opinions are based on.

We've under achieved this season but there is no way we are one of the 3 worst teams in the prem.

Until we get to 40 points Rich, I agree with you, however I just can't see us failing to get there, anything like our form over the past 10 games or so and it will be easy if not satisfactory.

However anyone get the feeling the Man city game is a real big one ...

Here's hoping we get relegatged then Denis you may have it spot on for a change.

If so thats one more than you Malc :)

Funny last time I looked at the table we had 30 points. There are several games we should have won this season and failed for one reason or another.

We will be safe if we beat Pompey, B-lose and Baggies BUT will the team that goes out have the fight for such games?.... we were out fought only a few weeks ago by West Ham so whats changed? Two local Derbies that are alsways unpredictable and Pompey may have gelled by then.

By the time we play Sunderland they will be down and hopefully we will know we are safe so it is the other three matches that count.

Contrary to Malcolms views of me I WANT Villa to do well, win and succeed BUT with poor management from top to bottom it ain't necessarily gonna happen.

it would be foolish to say we are completely safe...

if small heath win tonight, we are only 7 points off bottom 3, but, i think we will continue to pull away in the usual aston villa unspectactular fashion...

i predict a 12th place finish, as long as we can steer clear of injuries...

Â