villafan306

Are we in a relegation fight?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Are we in a relegation fight?

• No chance
    • Yes, but we'll be out by April
    • Yes, but we'll survive at last minute
    • Yes, and we'll go down

Rest easy everyone after tonight's match.

ALthough i fear it may be a different story next season.

Not really we could lose 3 in a row and be ****!

i agree, Small Heath are "playing o.k" to quote gay Lawro i guess they're certs to win their next 3. :roll: :winkold:

Or are Pomey going to win their next 5?!

sha (the team in the last relegation spot right now) are ten points behind us with a game in hand but their goal diff is -16 to our -3, thats a huge 13 goal diff in our favour, so even allowing them to win their game in hand, they are effectively still 8 points behind us. At this stage of the season thats a fairly large difference. I'd say we're on the fringes of the relegation fight but we should stay well clear of it in all honesty.

Our team spirit looks good for once and with Milner and McCann back in the fold for the next game, I'm quite confident at the moment. A couple of injuries though and the picture will change dramatically, so lets hope we can get the needed points as quickly as we can

Our team spirit looks good for once and with Milner and McCann back in the fold for the next game, I'm quite confident at the moment. A couple of injuries though and the picture will change dramatically, so lets hope we can get the needed points as quickly as we can

And therein lies the key. With no more injuries or long suspensions, we will not even be close to a relegation scrap, IMO.

However, if a few key players missing....

Still, if I was a betting man (and I'm not) I'd put money on Villa finishing well above the relegation places.

I think we now have, injuries permitting, a more than decent enough squad to keep clear of the drop, on our day we can beat anybody.

My only concern is the home game hoo doo, if we can get that monkey off our backs, we'll piss it!

Again it just hits me how low we've fallen. :( We're discussing wether we'll be relegated or not. Or how long it'll take before we'll be down there. We should be discussing wether to reach the CL or just the UEFA-cup. Not this.

A quick look at the table tells us that we are 10 points clear of relegation atm. We're closer to 7th place than we are to the bottom three.

Sunderland is already relegated. Pompey will struggle not to be relegated. SHA look very likely to be relegated.

I can't see how any of those teams will pick up 20+ points in their last 12-13 games, as they haven't managed to in their first 24-25 games. 10 more points for us this season mean we will avoid relegation. And I can't see us not winning at least three of our remaining 12 games.

What is certain though is that we slowly are on our way down. That can be prevented, but to do so we need to get rid of Ellis.

I have put yes but we will be out by April, because technically we are. However it is HIGHLY unlikely we will go down, and we genuinely have as much as Europe. We just need to keep up the away form and start winning home matches, and then who know what could happen.

However (and I do not think this will happen) if we stop winning away matches & keep up our poor home form then, well, that is why we aint out the woods 1--% just yet.

You could argue that about Birmingham though, biase aside Izzet,Upson,Pennant,Taylor,Forrsell,(heskey) are all good players good enough not to go down.

So i dont by the players thing.

:)

West Ham had too good a squad to get relegated as well, a couple of years back...

I can't seriously believe that people really think we have a good chance of being relegated.

If you presume that 40 points is safety (I know its not always but it normally is) we need 10 points from our final 12 games - that's 10/36. Looking at the games we have, I can't see anyway we won't get at least two wins and a half-dozen draws before the end of the season.

Compare that now to Small Heath, who need 20 points from a possible 39 (very tough to do looking at their remaining games), Sunderland who are essentially down already and Portsmouth who have even more to do than Small Heath, along with West Brom and Middlesbrough who are still in a worse situation than us, I just can't see anyway we can really get relegated.

But, I'm not saying it's impossible.

I voted for out by April because I think it would be folly to ignore that we're in a battle, but I very much doubt we'll be down - or even nearly - come the end of the season.

Same here.

If you presume that 40 points is safety (I know its not always but it normally is) we need 10 points from our final 12 games - that's 10/36.

And the fact that we have taken 30 from 26 means our average is 1.15 per game.

If we continued in that vein then we'd end up with around 44 points at the end. Now can you see why people think it will be close?.

And the fact that we have taken 30 from 26 means our average is 1.15 per game.

If we continued in that vein then we'd end up with around 44 points at the end. Now can you see why people think it will be close?.

Yes, I'll happily agree with that. I honestly believe that we'll end up with about 44 points, but if you apply the same logic to the teams beneath us...

Villa 30 points from 26, ratio of 1.15 points per game, final total 44/45 points

Middlesborough 28 points from 25, ratio of 1.12 points per game, final total 42/43 points

West Brom 26 points from 26, ratio of 1 point per game, final total 38 points

Small Heath 20 points from 25, ratio of 0.8 points per game, final total 30/31 points

Portsmouth 18 points from 26, ratio of 0.69 points per game, final total 26/27 points

Sunderland 10 points from 25, ratio of 0.4 points per game, final total 15/16 points.

The point I was trying to make was that, yes, we may only scrape past 40 points, but there are going to be a lot of teams below us that do even worse. Simply put, we are going to be saved, not by being good enough ourselves, but by at least three teams being worse than us.

Quote:

we are going to be saved, not by being good enough ourselves, but by at least three teams being worse than us.

Zackly. Good aint it?

Yeah, it's awful I know. However, as several people have put before, I'd like to view this season as a transition period. We'll survive intact, hopefully Ellis and possibly DOL will be out by the start of next season, we'll have new owners who will hopefully put some money into the club and we can start anew.

Sorry, daydreaming again here.

Â