Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all these conspiracy theories sound.

:?

What's the conspiracy?

Indeed, what's the theory behind any conspiracy?

The simply fact is, I was backing up the accurate statement from Risso that Ged Houllier is not YET our manager, and has NOT signed as our manager YET.

and we don't know 100% when he will do so.

That is all factually correct.

I'm not sure what conspiracy theory you are alluding too.

Except the simple fact is the statement is not accurate. Again you two believe that he has NOT signed anything yet. So effectively you are saying Aston Villa football club with an incredibly succesfull business man at the helm, has a press conference to present GH as our new manager with nothing signed. C'mon guys that is dreamland.

2) Do you go to Aston Villa games?

Relevance? :?

When I ask you the question l'll let you know

Ouch. :lol:

You Biatch :winkold:

He lives on the Isle of Man, so doesn't get to that many games.

Not sure why it's relevant though?

Risso wrote -

Why should we worry about pissing off the FFF or not?

Some of us may not but Houllier may be bothered.

Two questions

1) Would you prefer Paul Lambert as manager within 10 days of the leprechaun resigning or M.Houllier in this scenario?

1) Ah the old "please choose between something really shit and what we've actually got, no other outcomes are possible" gambit. Childish in the extreme.

2) Yes I do, although not nearly as many as I'd like to given where I live. I don't see what that's go to with anything mind.

Relevance? :?

If you don't go you're not a fan obviously!

For me it is all a bit strange

You see normally when you employ someone as a manager who has a contract elsewhere you pay compensation to his current employers for him not being able to fulfill his contractual obligations.

Not sure why this should not be the case now

Except the simple fact is the statement is not accurate. Again you two believe that he has NOT signed anything yet. So effectively you are saying Aston Villa football club with an incredibly succesfull business man at the helm, has a press conference to present GH as our new manager with nothing signed. C'mon guys that is dreamland.

On the other hand, you seem to be saying that an honest and successful football manager was lying when he said he hadn't signed anything.

Risso wrote -

Some of us may not but Houllier may be bothered.

Two questions

1) Would you prefer Paul Lambert as manager within 10 days of the leprechaun resigning or M.Houllier in this scenario?

1) Ah the old "please choose between something really shit and what we've actually got, no other outcomes are possible" gambit. Childish in the extreme.

2) Yes I do, although not nearly as many as I'd like to given where I live. I don't see what that's go to with anything mind.

Why have you gone all defensive again? Fill in Lambert with your choice if you wish but the 'realistic target' then comes into play. I was merely trying to expand the debate. Moyes was in Lamberts position 8 years ago.

No relevance other than I've been asking for 6 months.

NB there is no bigger fan thing as I'm a lesser fan.

all these conspiracy theories

Ah, the I'll throw in the conspiracy theories tag that always works method of 'discussing' something. :(

Why does asking a question and not believing one person's view of events always have to become a 'conspiracy theory'? Other than that it's an easy (and rather facile) habit to slip in to?

On the other hand, you seem to be saying that an honest and successful football manager was lying when he said he hadn't signed anything.

Except he never said that, show me the quote.

all these conspiracy theories

Ah, the I'll throw in the conspiracy theories tag that always works method of 'discussing' something. :(

Why does asking a question and not believing one person's view of events always have to become a 'conspiracy theory'? Other than that it's an easy (and rather facile) habit to slip in to?

Well if you dont like the conspiracy line ignore it, its facile. But my point still stands.

Why would Houlier want to piss off his home federation for the sake of a few weeks?

Why would Villa want to piss off the FFF for the sake of two or three games by pushing the issue?

It makes sense for all parties to allow him to tie up his commitments. It enhances our reputation in European football as a club that does things the right way. Houllier leaves his home federation on good terms.

He will be at the Bolton game and in charge for Blackburn. I see no big deal here. He is here for three years at the very least.

Knickers in a twist over very little.

Maybe our new manager doesn't want his new club to piss off his home federation by making demands that agreements be broken. GH obviously wants to leave on good terms as its his home federation.

I can't believe people have an issue with our club not acting like c*nts
How is it acting like c*nts?

Other clubs appoint people currently employed and pay compensation for them to be released from their contract early.

Is every other club acting like a word removed?

Well if you dont like the conspiracy line ignore it, its facile.

If you are quite happy for people to ignore what you write then it probably isn't worth writing.

If everyone subscribed to that view point not much would get written.

What would get written might likely be worth reading.

Other clubs appoint people currently employed and pay compensation for them to be released from their contract early.

On the basis that it is Houlliers choice to work the notice, would you have looked elsewhere/ employed somone else because of that choice?

On the basis that it is Houlliers choice to work the notice, would you have looked elsewhere/ employed somone else because of that choice?

Is it likely that he'd have turned down a £2m a year job for one that pays a tenth of that if we'd have insisted that he start immediately?

Well if you dont like the conspiracy line ignore it, its facile.

If you are quite happy for people to ignore what you write then it probably isn't worth writing.

If everyone subscribed to that view point not much would get written.

What would get written would likely be worth reading.

Why because someone cares what others think therefore it must be worth reading, what a lovely thought.

Anyway way OT and doesnt your philosophy module "why the unaware are unaware that they are unaware" start in a minute.

Â