Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

He has shown loyalty my arse. He was under contract and the FFF told him he had to do it or they'd hold in to the full three months notice more like.

Tell me how you know this. He has worked for them for years, maybe he is just fulfilling his duties. I dont understand why people cant wait 1 week for him to come instead of questioning his integrity

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has shown loyalty my arse. He was under contract and the FFF told him he had to do it or they'd hold in to the full three months notice more like.

Perhaps or maybe he knew that there was noone else who could hold that meeting and he stayed on for it. We will never know but either way he couldn't have made the game.

Look, its 1 maybe 2 weeks. I dont know why people find this so hard to understand.

How do you know that for sure?

It doesn't appear that M. Houllier does (he has every confidence that it will be so but that isn't a guarantee).

Let's hope it is only a week or two and it probably will be but it isn't assured. I don't know why people find this so hard to understand.

It's not like he left Fulham to manage us and decided to take charge of one last match.

It is a unique circumstance.

It's unique alright. I can't remember any other club doing things so arse about face.

It's not like he left Fulham to manage us and decided to take charge of one last match.

It's unique alright. I can't remember any other club doing things so arse about face.

If he does a good job who cares about 2 weeks. I'd rather him for the Blackburn game than gotten someone substandard for tonights game.

He has convinced the board so I am happy to see what he can do.

So what happens if he just walks out? Is his job with the FFF somehow protected by International Law and he gets his gonads electrocuted every ten minutes for the remainder of his life if he doesn't stay in the job he's actually getting pilloried at home for doing?

You know this French Law thing, its cobblers. What on earth can they do if he walks out? Fine him? Imprison him in the Bastille? Walk him naked down the Champs Elysée? make him wear Napoleons Hat on Elba?

I presume its something that could be afforded by a billionaire without flinching a great deal.

If he does a good job who cares about 2 weeks. I'd rather him for the Blackburn game than gotten someone substandard for tonights game.

He has convinced the board so I am happy to see what he can do.

I think he's a good manager, which is why we needed him asap. Three more points chucked away because KM doesn't have the first clue as to what he's doing.

So what happens if he just walks out? Is his job with the FFF somehow protected by International Law and he gets his gonads electrocuted every ten minutes for the remainder of his life if he doesn't stay in the job he's actually getting pilloried at home for doing?

You know this French Law thing, its cobblers. What on earth can they do if he walks out? Fine him? Imprison him in the Bastille? Walk him naked down the Champs Elysée? make him wear Napoleons Hat on Elba?

I presume its something that could be afforded by a billionaire without flinching a great deal.

Houllier is earning about €26k a month at the moment. Compare that to what 3 points dropped could mean at the end of the season if it means dropping a couple of places down the table.

When was the last time a manager left a job in football, and stayed on a while to sort out loose ends?

He isn't a manager, yet. :winkold:

I would guess this would have more to do with the 'doing things right' philosophy espoused by Mr Lerner et al. than the actual financial penalty incurred (that and it would be Houllier that they'd be chasing rather than Villa, I'd have thought).

We need an expert on french employment tribunal decisions!

I'm just thankful teams around us have had a bad start to the season too. Our season isn't actually that bad. I'd of expected no more than 8 points maximum from first 4 games to be fair. So it's a little disappointing but could be a lot worse. Bolton will be a tough one now under Coyle but a win (as I'd expect) there and Houllier will be taken over in a decent position.

Tell me how you know this. He has worked for them for years, maybe he is just fulfilling his duties. I dont understand why people cant wait 1 week for him to come instead of questioning his integrity

I never claimed to know anything, hence my use of the words 'more like'. If you're still struggling, I was trying to suggest what I saw as the more likely turn of events.

As I've said elsewhere, I can wait a week, I can wait 2 or 3, I just think the club are stupid for not having been upfront about the situation right from the very start. And they weren't.

And I'm not questioning his integrity either. He's negotiating his leaving date, that's fine. Just don't try and pretend it's him doing the honourable thing. I find that scenario pretty unlikely.

I would guess this would have more to do with the 'doing things right' philosophy espoused by Mr Lerner et al.

Possibly, not sure football really works like that though

You're probably right, Bicks.

I would feel uncomfortable having a go at them for trying to do the right thing, though.

I'm less uncomfortable being a little critical of how everything has been presented (and that it appears that no one actually knows what is going on).

Doing things right - my arse. Doing things on the cheap and making a bodge of it should be our motto based on the last few weeks.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Some of us are less sure of things than you seem to be, Martin.

It's a little easy to suggest that things are 'on the cheap' (we have no real detail and therefore everything is based upon supposition and guesswork) so if one is to suspect that then it might be an idea to phrase it that way rather than assert it to be so.

It might turn out to be - to be convinced of it is not much more different to the leap of faith that it isn't, isn't it?

The commentary from the match mentioned that his commitment to the FFF involved him having to attend some sort of manager award show in France last night. Sounds like an absolutely unmissable engagement.

This is becoming increasingly ridiculous. As Bicks alludes to on the previous page, what would Houllier/us really lose for him straight up breaking the contract?

Â