Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Against United he was superb.. he wasn't give a proper chance and I can see why with the horrible style of football we play now.
im not being funny but when we play man u every player seems to raise the bar & perform then when it comes to the bread & butter games to many players "go missing", as we are a tad light in the middle since the likes of milner/barry void i dont think j2m fit the bill from what i have seen,i dont think delph is up to the job also

we might be a "tad light" but you shouldn't have that problem if you could retain the ball better.. one of the qualties Makoun had and the rest of the squad lacked/lacks.
i give up mate,,when j2m was in the side last year we could not string 3 passes together,the boy did nothing but got sent off & ran around chasing shadows....lets see if any other prem teams come in for him when his loan is up? not a clucking chance pal..hes not suited to the premier league,teams last year let us retain the ball in the middle as they knew dam well they players like j2m was no threat to them,the foorball under gh was tip tap in harmless areas of the pitch..wonderfull on the eye but it counted for nothing,it nearly took us down till gary mac sorted out the midfield & giving j2m the hook

we might be a "tad light" but you shouldn't have that problem if you could retain the ball better.. one of the qualties Makoun had and the rest of the squad lacked/lacks.
our best wins of last year was v liverpool & arsenal, j2m was not in the side for both these games..their a pattern emerging mate

when j2m was in the side last year we could not string 3 passes together

Wrong.

Plenty of times he came on and helped us keep possession.. he may not do the extra ordinary and score from midfeld etc but he was very effective and it is obvious why McLeish got rid of him and it wasn't due to not "adjusting to the pace of the PL" in my opinion (which I again point you to Dzeko) it was because he didn't suit the rubbish style of football we are playing now.

Anyway Makoun isn't here anymore we have Jenas.. so let's see how he does.

possession....its all about where you get it,,if its in the final third of the pitch you have a player on your hands,i guess this is why chelsea tabbed a 40m bid for a player who has this talent,now j2m may have had possession but it was NOT a threat to any team we played..fact,we lost more game with j2m in the team than when we did not, in his time at vp j2m didnt do enough,he never shot,assist,he simply was not good enough. i go back to previous posts,gary mac got him out the side & hey presto..we won! "anyway" im happy j2m is not here,as were in the top half,unbeaten,& have a solid look, the thread is about delph who on recent performance does not fill the void left by the departed.

Last year we lost 6-0 to Newcastle and had players suffering from injury and fatigue..We had players arguing and fighting, we had big changes to the side during a transition of removing Carew and bringing in Bent. We also had loads of injuries..Yet we still managed to play football and take the game to teams like Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Fulham, Liverpool etc etc..In fact if you look over the whole of last season, it was only a handful of games where we played poor..For the majority we had great chances and should have won, had it not been for bad luck..

Look at the Blues game in the Cup..We out played them for the whole game yet lost..Look at the Fulham game, where Young missed a pen, again we were all over them for the majority of the game. Yet this season we have been out played more than we have taken the games to the opposition. That to me is a clueless manager..

Last year we lost 6-0 to Newcastle and had players suffering from injury and fatigue..We had players arguing and fighting, we had big changes to the side during a transition of removing Carew and bringing in Bent. We also had loads of injuries..Yet we still managed to play football and take the game to teams like Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Fulham, Liverpool etc etc..In fact if you look over the whole of last season, it was only a handful of games where we played poor..For the majority we had great chances and should have won, had it not been for bad luck..

Look at the Blues game in the Cup..We out played them for the whole game yet lost..Look at the Fulham game, where Young missed a pen, again we were all over them for the majority of the game. Yet this season we have been out played more than we have taken the games to the opposition. That to me is a clueless manager..

You're having a laugh aren't you?

Meanwhile back to Delph, who appears to be the new target of abuse.

Stop playing the kid as a holding midfielder, he is not experienced enough to play the Xavi Alonso role and too lightweight to hold the area in front of the defence. We knew we needed a DM all summer and brought in bloody Jenas, a box to box mid.

We have real problems in midfield and to give us some balance, we should play a solid three in there, but its finding out which three as half the midfielders we have are the luxury "link men". Bannan, Ireland and to some degree Delph would prefer to play this role as arguably would Jenas. That leaves our wide men and Petrov who is good for 60 minutes.

Would like to see:

-------------------Petrov-------------------------

-----------Delph-------------Jenas---------------

Albrighton---------------------------------NZogbia

-------------------Gabby--------------------------

Let Bent get over his injury as its starting to look like he has a must play clause!

Take a look over the season and you tell me how many games we played poor in? So far its been 4/5 for McLeish.
everton..won 1 nil,played poor..bolton,0-0,poor show again..blues,0-0,didnt have a go..blackpool,won 3-2,out played buy reserves..arsenal 2-4,got spanked..west brom won 2-1,held on big time..sunderland 0-1,out played,glad someone in the doug ellis had a laugh with a whistle every time they attacked!..fulham,again poor show,letting aj in..wolves,0-1,out played & out fought..stoke,bossed the game..wigan,lucky they didnt snatch it..

Take a look over the season and you tell me how many games we played poor in? So far its been 4/5 for McLeish.
everton..won 1 nil,played poor..bolton,0-0,poor show again..blues,0-0,didnt have a go..blackpool,won 3-2,out played buy reserves..arsenal 2-4,got spanked..west brom won 2-1,held on big time..sunderland 0-1,out played,glad someone in the doug ellis had a laugh with a whistle every time they attacked!..fulham,again poor show,letting aj in..wolves,0-1,out played & out fought..stoke,bossed the game..wigan,lucky they didnt snatch it..

Bolton was 1-1, the game where Ashley Young scored that freekick and ran over KMac :D. I thought we were good against Arsenal in the 2-4 the minute we took Pires off on his debut.

Â