Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

If/ When i get bored of my villa game,

I'm probs gonna start a game in BSN/S

used to do it all the time but have less free time nowadays

But hey ho,

Any teams to recommend?

Start Unemployed with Automatic Experience then Holiday until you get offered a job. Always a bit of a lottery.

I got Droylsden. Predicted 3rd in the league. Took over in December and they were sat 21st in the BSN with 9 points.

Complete revamp of the squad was needed, as well as a lot of private chats to get morale up again. Got em up to 17th with 26 points now.

As much as I love LLM, I find it very hard to believe that most of them can't seem to play a simple 5 yard pass to feet. Very frustrating :(

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a lot lately too that in LLM it's not just the technical ability of the players that take a big dip (obviously), but mental stats and athletic stats too. Are you telling me that you can't have a lightning fast winger in LLM?

Sure he might be crap at crossing and passing, and have 2 flair, but that 20 burst of pace and 19 speed surely isn't impossible?

I've never had a player with that pace, although silly as when I go see Newport IoW play they have one of the quickest bastards I have ever ever seen in my life.

really have no idea how, I thought I was in for a loss so pushed wingers up and had two defensive DMs who I advised to spread ball to wings.

Their keeper was shite tho!

It is all relative though, to a degree at least. I watch a lot of non league football and at times you see a player who looks rapid but when you see them up against a professional team in preseason they might still be quite quick but they are not up there with the top athletes.

dodgy is it me or is Newport IoW pitch absolutely huge?

I've never had a player with that pace, although silly as when I go see Newport IoW play they have one of the quickest bastards I have ever ever seen in my life.

really have no idea how, I thought I was in for a loss so pushed wingers up and had two defensive DMs who I advised to spread ball to wings.

o_0

Are you playing on easy mode or something? lol. Some of those goals were class though. I loved the audacious lob.

You uploaded the tactic anywhere?

I noticed a lot lately too that in LLM it's not just the technical ability of the players that take a big dip (obviously), but mental stats and athletic stats too. Are you telling me that you can't have a lightning fast winger in LLM?

Sure he might be crap at crossing and passing, and have 2 flair, but that 20 burst of pace and 19 speed surely isn't impossible?

I might be well off here (we'll need to ask a FM researcher) but I don't think they give set numbers to each player. They give them a CA and PA value, and maybe favoured attributes, then the system averages it out. So to give them 20 Pace, the system would have to give Passing, Technique and Positioning (for example) 1, because it only has so many points to work with.

I've seen a few times in older versions of the game where a player has decent stats in the right areas in one save, only to look at him in another save and they're slightly different.

As I said, I might be well off with that. It's just my theory (that I possibly stole off someone on the SI forums).

It is all relative though, to a degree at least. I watch a lot of non league football and at times you see a player who looks rapid but when you see them up against a professional team in preseason they might still be quite quick but they are not up there with the top athletes.

dodgy is it me or is Newport IoW pitch absolutely huge?

to be fair you are probably right - some of the players I have seen in that league are the slowest you will ever see lol.

Yes! the pitch is one of the largest I have seen at this level, I played on it 3 years ago and was dead after 50 mins lol. More my fitness mind. Shame the rest of the ground and the pitch are so bad lol.

Go ahead, could do with some decent training schedules, mine don't seem to be too great.

Here's my formation to download. You need a pacy backline and then your LCM to be a tackler like NRC, or ideally can play a bit like Rio Mavuba and your RCM will be your playmaker so high creativity etc.

You'll want AML and AMR in the side and you LCF to be a speedster with your RCF being more of a goalscorer and ideally good in the air.

Once I've kicked off I tend to set instructions to Get Ball Forward and Exploit The Flanks. If the opposition have big central defenders like Blackburn I set to Work Ball Into Box. For Opp Instructions I'll always have the CMs on Tight Marking and Weaker Foot, and if someone like Cesc is in there then also Closing Down and Hard Tackling. For wide layers, ACM and forwards I'll always have Tight Marking, Closing Down and Weaker Foot, unless they're quicker than their marker in which case I leave out Tight Marking.

Here are my training schedules too. Seem to be ok I think, although some younger players complain about the workload. Little bitches!

Finished my 9th season with Solihull Moors

Championship: 1st.

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd.

League Cup: 2st Rnd.

Finally got promoted by winning the league. 3rd time lucky.

Decided to change my transfer policy. Instead of waiting for everyone to leave their clubs after the contract ran out on July 1st and then try to sign them, I found that they were more likely to come to my club in the week betwenn 24th June and 1st July. So new budget's had been set and contracts were in the last week.

Managed to sign: Stewart Downing, Matt Philips, Stephen Warnock, Seb Larsson, Darren Bent, Marton Fulop, Charlie Adam, Luca Cigarini amongst others. Worked well.

Unfortunately DB injured his knee ligaments 2 months into the season, and never recovered. I had only 1 striker, Robbie Findley. An American who banged them in and supplemented him with loans.

Won the league on the last day by 1 point over M'Boro.

Also managed to sell the right back regen I bought last year for 4.6million, selling him for 11million & 20% profit.

Decided to change my transfer policy. Instead of waiting for everyone to leave their clubs after the contract ran out on July 1st and then try to sign them, I found that they were more likely to come to my club in the week betwenn 24th June and 1st July. So new budget's had been set and contracts were in the last week.

Managed to sign: Stewart Downing, Matt Philips, Stephen Warnock, Seb Larsson, Darren Bent, Marton Fulop, Charlie Adam, Luca Cigarini amongst others. Worked well.

Unfortunately DB injured his knee ligaments 2 months into the season, and never recovered. I had only 1 striker, Robbie Findley. An American who banged them in and supplemented him with loans.

Also managed to sell the right back regen I bought last year for 4.6million, selling him for 11million & 20% profit.

Good luck in the premiership, some good signing's there.

Just starting one with Solihull Moors now, if I can get anywhere near the Prem in 9 seasons i will be very happy

o_0

Are you playing on easy mode or something? lol. Some of those goals were class though. I loved the audacious lob.

You uploaded the tactic anywhere?

It was a fluke I am sure, I don't have a clue how it happened and I was pretty shocked! Definitely not the tactics (created a 4-4-2 formation) and it was hit and miss up to that game when suddenly things came together. As for the lobs, the players aren't even on creative freedom (and I hate the amount of lobs players try on FM) I have no clue how I beat them 8-0.

Just starting one with Solihull Moors now, if I can get anywhere near the Prem in 9 seasons i will be very happy

I found that I had to revamp my squad pretty much every year except between Blue Square Prem & League 2. Otherwise probably would have been mid-table at best.

Also in pre-season create friendly competitions with high profile clubs and it will get you a bit of money.

And when you are signing players on frees, don't just try and sign one player. Offer contracts to 1st, 2nd, 3rd options in case 1st choice doesn't come. If 3rd choice wants to sign before 1st choice has decided just delay it for a week.

One thing I should mention is I found the board were never successful in getting me a parent club. And it took me until I was in League 1 to be able to sign players on loan.

Good luck. :D

Jan transfer window:

Out

Joe Lolley - 40k + 50% next fee - Motherwell

Adam Vickers - 20k + 50% next fee - Coventry

Stuart Whitehead has agreed a contract elsewhere for the Summer.

IN

Gareth Rodger - 0k

Christopher Moffat - 0k

good way to make money with LLMs is to arrange a shed load of away friendlies for your reserves against teams from New Zealand and Australia, if i remember right they'll pay you a fee of about £20k for each game, it can be time consuming but you can easily net around £500k per season. also make sure the budget slider is set all the way to the left (wages) as you earn more interest that way.

Â