Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Well it was about £5 million. Shhhhh.... :lol:

In the end it didn't matter. Just finished my dealings for the summer.

IN: Charlie Adam (£1.5m), Rio Mavuba (£3.9m), Seb Giovinco (Loan fee £300k), Beckford (Ln fee £65k), Ryan Shawcross (£5m), José Angel (£6.5m), Guillermo Ochoa (£7.25m)

OUT: Luke Young, Steve Sidwell, Brad Guzan, Barry Bannan, Lots other youngsters (All on frees), Habib Beye (£550k), Alou Diarra (£350k loan), Emile Heskey (£550k), Pienaar (£1m), Petrov (Loan fee £100k), Richard Dunne (Loan fee £120k).

So by getting rid of all those players I got all their high wages off the banksheet which enabled me to transfer wages into transfer funds and buy some players. In the end I just about managed to pay for Ochoa by about 100k. Now am broke. Club is £10 million in debt. Will be ok if I can stay in CL though.

Biggest disappointment was Pienaar. Bought from Everton for £15m last summer. Had good first couple months. Been shit ever since. On fairly high wages so just cut my losses and got rid. Brought in Giovinco on loan to replace him.

Also managed to cut Friedel's wages significantly. Let his contract run right down. Week before ran out offered a new one year deal. Will be back up and let go next summer. Have also promoted Lichaj as backup right-back.

Only bought Beckford as 3rd choice in case Gabby or Fonz get injured. Otherwise won't play. Had a decent record at Everton, played 5 last season & scored 4. Good looking squad now. :D

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still with my "unemployed" start. recap:

Took over Derby after a year holiday from the start, saved them from relegation but saw the QPR job was going and applied, Derby sacked me for doing so.

I took QPR to 8th in my first season, then got rid of all the high earners and brought in younger british players, it worked I finished 2nd and got in to the prem.

First season in prem and am battling between 15th and 18th, hard season. Doyle came in from Wolves and has been a hit, Man City now want him...

Best result was beating Arsenal 2-0.

Biggest disappointment was Pienaar. Bought from Everton for £15m last summer. Had good first couple months. Been shit ever since. On fairly high wages so just cut my losses and got rid.

Ridiculous! If a manager did that IRL he'd be lynched! Brought for £15m and sold 1 season later for £1m. Crazy.

Biggest disappointment was Pienaar. Bought from Everton for £15m last summer. Had good first couple months. Been shit ever since. On fairly high wages so just cut my losses and got rid.

Ridiculous! If a manager did that IRL he'd be lynched! Brought for £15m and sold 1 season later for £1m. Crazy.

What really annoys me about all FM's though is the way that computer controlled clubs can get Pienaar for £5.75m but you have to shell out £15m to sign him. Same with most players, the computer always gets players at face value.

I am really pissed off now.

As I finished 4th I obviously go into play-offs for CL. But because Villa are shit we were unseeded. I draw Atletico Madrid. The team I faced in the Europa League last season and lost twice to.

Lost both legs 2-1. Now into Europa League. Gutted. Just played my first Europa League game, away to Marseille. Got hammered 5-0.

I seem to be terrible at this game! I was against wigan at home, had 16 shots on target and just couldn't score, hit the post so many times too, Wigan had 3 shots on target all match and Rodallega scored twice. Also nearly every team i play, their keeper gets man of the match :(

Andy what you likely to do with Hogg in the January update? I agree with his PA, and like you I've never rated him as making at VP but he hasn't done too bad, and to be honest I thought he was quite impressive against Blues.

He's currently ahead of Herd, Osbourne, Johnson and Carruthers (Salifou too) in the VP pecking order yet behind all of them in FM, is it a case of taking him towards the 90 mark and knocking Osbourne down a peg or two?

my PSG game which has been going on for about a week now - so far.. i got rid off 5-6 players as they were above 30 (free'd up alot of wages), on the verge of signing makoun (for £13m), signed makambu and tabanou - have plenty of youth that will make it to first team.

Â