VINYL LPs IN THE MIDLANDS - A dying art...

b23avfc

So over the years most of the good shops selling LPs have gone and now we're left with only the dregs, no offence to the remaining shops:

A friend messaged today on friendface to say he found somewhere on his work travels, which appears to be local judging by his lack of clues and reaction to the questions.

He did say it was a warehouse he spotted (I assume as he drove along) and the guy owning it was selling soul, funk etc for around £4-6 and he said they had 100,000 records.

Now it's a code thing but my mate won't reveal the location yet, until he's took all the good stuff.

Any ideas?

I'm after cheap old vinyl lps... not swordfish, mve, charity shops. But this place is a warehouse selling the stuff to the public and likely in brum or the midlands at least.

there is golden oldies or whatever its called in the centre of wolverhampton, he sells beatles vinyl for a quid if you're lucky, got loads of soul and stuff i dont listen to which i think he prices accordingly but then tons of stuff he just wants to get rid of

Not just in the Midlands.

Yesterday Harold Moore's - a classical record shop of repute in Soho - emptied the majority of its second hand vinyl into a skip. Not a little skip either, big one.

Bit sad really.

Yesterday Harold Moore's - a classical record shop of repute in Soho - emptied the majority of its second hand vinyl into a skip. Not a little skip either, big one.

Bit sad really.

Can't you grab a few for me?

there is golden oldies or whatever its called in the centre of wolverhampton, he sells beatles vinyl for a quid if you're lucky, got loads of soul and stuff i dont listen to which i think he prices accordingly but then tons of stuff he just wants to get rid of

Remembered that one today, and wondered if it was still open and so.. that warrants a trip to wolvo soon. Thanks!

The Diskery?

Yea it's ok... Good shout I guess. Never been a huge fan especially as there are a lot of records in there I found a lot cheaper down the road. But nice shop all the same.

Bit sad really.

This kinda things upsets me!

Yeah.......love it :-)

hmmm, the cost of drayage to get it to you will be more than you'd pay in a charity shop for a classical LP.

If you're really interested in some classical stuff PM me, I'll burn you a CD.

Nah mate I was only kidding

I like What you know

Beach Boys/Dennis&Brian Wilson

Hard Rock

Metal

60's

Obscure

In fact anything that's not recent!

Nah mate I was only kidding

I like What you know

Beach Boys/Dennis&Brian Wilson

Hard Rock

Metal

60's

Obscure

In fact anything that's not recent!

Most classical's not very recent.

Some of it is, though.

now we're left with only the dregs, no offence to the remaining shops

considerable offence I would've thought

Don't care really, swordfish stole my stock and never paid me what was owed. The Diskery are overpriced. And my other spots haven't been named ;)

We always go into Swordfish but have never got anything, just never 'feel it' when we go in, if you know what I mean?! Polarbear is quite a good little shop that we like to make a trip to sometimes. Selectadisc in Nottingham was good for a few finds but that went a while back.

Miles away but we always go to Cob records in Bangor when we got on holiday to North Wales, great butty shop up the road too, its a great day out!

I could spend hours mooching though a record shop, can't understand anyone that wouldn't want too?!

There are two Cob records - one in Bangor and another in Porthmadog. Only been to the Portmadog one once but it was good. We always like to find a new record shop when we are on holiday or go somewhere new. Oldham Street in Manchester is good, Piccadilly Records and Vinyl Exchange seem to have something in there everytime we go.

Thanks for the tip Xann, always like something interesting

My mate who found the warehouse full of soul and funk stuff at £4-6 each won't reveal his source and today reckons I won't find it. Considering he found it by accident and it's a warehouse with 100,000 records.. it's not impossible really is it. Just darn hard.

Â