Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin McDonald says he wants to "think about it! " & " I'll see how I feel about it in the morning after studying the video of todays match. Perhaps I'm more suited to coaching."

Two things here. First if some one was to offer you the Villa job what on earth is there to think about! Second, if you feel your better suited to Coaching then your absolutely right!

Not being funny, but if you can't stand the heat, better not get in the kitchen, especially if we the fans are the ones who are gonna get burnt.

Kevin McDonald says he wants to "think about it! " & " I'll see how I feel about it in the morning after studying the video of todays match. Perhaps I'm more suited to coaching."

Two things here. First if some one was to offer you the Villa job what on earth is there to think about! Second, if you feel your better suited to Coaching then your absolutely right!

Not being funny, but if you can't stand the heat, better not get in the kitchen, especially if we the fans are the ones who are gonna get burnt.

Well that's why he's saying he's 'thinking about it'. He doesn't want to accept because obviously he'd love the job but it's whether he thinks he can hack it, whether he wants to make sacrifices for the job and whether he thinks he'd satisfy the Villa fans. You don't want him to jump in a job as big as this without properly thinking the move through.

Alternatively admire someone in life who has the honesty to say that they don't think that a job is for them. It's very easy to take on something because it's a big promotion and then screw it up because you either don't have the capacity, or have serious misgivings in the first place.

I'm surprised that you felt burnt yesterday, the flowing pass and move football had me feeling much cooler at a game than for a very long time.

Mr Lerner's off to Europe this morning.

That's quite a big place, can you be a bit more specific? :winkold:

Perhaps later.

Thanks Thetrees, I know you always like to wait until he is in mid air beofre revealing destinations, fair one. Is it Holland though ;-)

The more I think about it the more I think we should get either Jol or Klinsman, but in either case install Kev Mac as assistant manager for continuity and experience of the club/players, not to mention promotion for a loyal servant.

Exciting times............

Here who isn't coming BOB BRADLEY non interest in him what so ever .

Sven whilst respected not seen as a candidate would prefer someone younger who they can build a dynasty around rather than someone who might stay only short term.

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Sven whilst respected not seen as a candidate would prefer someone younger who they can build a dynasty around rather than someone who might stay only short term.

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Thank ****!

Go get Jol Randy!!!

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Any comments on Frank Rijkaard?

He appears to fit the criteria that you describe.

Not an ITK, just a bit of a wild guess

Hughes no comment

Jol again little comment

Any comments on Frank Rijkaard?

He appears to fit the criteria that you describe.

Not an ITK, just a bit of a wild guess

Nothing but a good shout !

I think because of availiability it will be MacDonald bringing in Staunton for a season .This is just my thoughts by the way but speaking to people yesterday old Villa players and around the club MacDonald as a coach is highly respected and seen as someone who doesn't have cliques / favourites and could blend the first team with the players coming through from the reserves .

Interesting for me who he put on the bench and left out .

A wild wild guess here, and yes hungover so call me completely mad but....

With Randy's apparent friendship with Klinsmann, and talk of Randy looking at a young coach/manager who will continue the ethos of bringing youth through and build something with, and that he is flying to europe today, then maybe, just maybe he has been thinking and had word from Klinsmann that a friend of his may be available and willing for a new challenge. That man? Joachim Loew.

Just a wild guess too.