Barry Bannan

villianusa

The problem with Bannan is he thinks he is better than he is, tries to play ping a 40 yard ball rather than make short simple pass, when he makes the simple passes and plays direct in a game he can be effective but unfortunately for Bannan his ego rules his head, he drinks in my local sometimes and he is so obnoxious, he's been in there with Matty Lowton, Andi Weimann and a few others he just puts over a very egotistical persona, much like his football IMO.

The problem with Bannan is he thinks he is better than he is, tries to play ping a 40 yard ball rather than make short simple pass, when he makes the simple passes and plays direct in a game he can be effective but unfortunately for Bannan his ego rules his head, he drinks in my local sometimes and he is so obnoxious, he's been in there with Matty Lowton, Andi Weimann and a few others he just puts over a very egotistical persona, much like his football IMO.

Does he turn out for your local on a sunday morning? After all you should support your local team ;)

ps- when I say turn up, I don't mean to play I actually mean turn up & cut the oranges for everyone at half time because lets face it he isn't good enough to get into any pub side in the World is he? :P  :D  ;)

Don't think any of the lads would let him lace their boots let alone cut oranges hah

I think he will be off to Palace/Hull or one of the championship teams looking for promotion.

Don't think any of the lads would let him lace their boots let alone cut oranges hah

I think he will be off to Palace/Hull or one of the championship teams looking for promotion.

And there was me thinking that he was gonna slice those oranges directly in half with a 40 yard  hollywood pass on the half time whistle :(

:)  :P 

I don't really see any evidence that he's egotistical, at least not on the pitch. I think he's decent enough technically. His problem is his mentality. I don't think he can handle the pressure. And that's not something you can just learn on the training ground. Ideally you just build confidence from a run of games, but he had plenty of runs in the first team and never improved in this area. I'm not sure that he will.

I don't really see any evidence that he's egotistical, at least not on the pitch. I think he's decent enough technically. His problem is his mentality. I don't think he can handle the pressure. And that's not something you can just learn on the training ground. Ideally you just build confidence from a run of games, but he had plenty of runs in the first team and never improved in this area. I'm not sure that he will.

He also had a good run along the Motorway ;):P

N'Zogbia's injury might give Lambert second thoughts about selling Bannan before January.

No, I think we'll be alright, we've brought enough players that can replace Zoggies place on the bench

N'Zogbia's injury might give Lambert second thoughts about selling Bannan before January.

Even though they play completely different positions?  :detect:

They play the same position. Left attacking bench.

• Like 1

so him missing a sitter from 6 yards out is classed as a key act...

well if he didn't hit the post the ball wouldn't of found its way to gabby....

got to love this comment, clutching at straws!

How am I 'clutching at straws'? If Bannan wasn't on hand to hit the post, a defender probably would've cleared the ball and danger would've been averted. I'm not saying Bannan missing from 6 yards out is a good thing, but it was pretty key to the goal.

Edited by Cambridge-AVFC

Yes, but they don't have the same left foot as Bannan and N'Zogbia.

If you take N'Zogbia and Bannan out of the squad, how many proven set piece takers do you have left?