Barry Bannan

villianusa

He's not the best crosser in the league Con. He is woeful at crossing. The site you get your stats from misclassifies rubbish crosses as successful ones.

He isn't in the SQUAD today because there isn't a single aspect of his game which is anywhere near Premier League quality.

He's not even in the team and you're still slating him. I must conform to your opinion. 

Sorry, I won't, and no, I don't agree with you that both the websites have rubbish statistics.

You don't have to conform to my opinion but the evidence is so incredibly overwhelming you'd be an idiot not to agree. The guy is not even one hundredth of the player you believe he is.

You don't have to conform to my opinion but the evidence is so incredibly overwhelming you'd be an idiot not to agree. The guy is not even one hundredth of the player you believe he is.

What evidence are you using?

The only evidence you're using is he's not in the team. While I could point to the evidence when he was in the team.

Data, the real evidence, shows his corners and crossing have not been bettered by any other player in the Premier League this season.

How was Westwood's corners today? Not that great. There was at least one floater. 

Yes, Bannan needs more than exceptional crossing to get into the current Villa team, if he is particularly weak at other aspects of the game. The fact you're trying to take even what he is great at away from him is very churlish.

What evidence are you using?

The only evidence you're using is he's not in the team. While I could point to the evidence when he was in the team.

Data, the real evidence, shows his corners and crossing have not been bettered by any other player in the Premier League this season.

How was Westwood's corners today? Not that great. There was at least one floater. 

Yes, Bannan needs more than exceptional crossing to get into the current Villa team, if he is particularly weak at other aspects of the game. The fact you're trying to take even what he is great at away from him is very churlish.

For me to take anything away from him he has to have something to be taken away. He doesn't.

Westwoods corners today were a good quality even though we didn't score from one of them - whether they make successful crosses in your website "evidence" is another matter altogether.

The evidence, which is more overwhelming than you will give credit for, is that since the little man has been dumped from the squad for being one of the most useless players ever to wear the shirt we have scored more goals, conceded less goals, won more matches and broken free of the relegation zone. Our midfielders today for the first time in many many months if not years looked like a strong force.

Delph for me was man of the match, Sylla actually got man of the match and Westwood looked composed and did his job well.

If Bannan was still sniffing around the first team then the whole team would become unbalanced to accommodate his pathetic attempts of attacking play. He needs to be given a video of Delph today and be told this is how to dictate matches because he hasn't once in 5 years in the first team commanded a single game in the way he is expected to.

Should have played his last game for the club now. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edited by AstonMartin82

What you seem to forget, conveniently, Bannan played in the crucial victories over Reading and QPR. Without those six points, where would we be?

Your criticisms are completely unrealistic. 

BTW we lost today's game. The fact we lost should tell you our remaining players, after Benteke went off, were not in the same class as the opposition.

Liverpool away remains the best result of the season. Bannan played in that win.

bring up all the stats you want to say. Whether we won with or without him or Westwood or Sylla. It doesnt matter. The team wins the games.

Bannan has not scored or set up enough to play PL. He gives the ball away far too easily and his crossing is dire. Not good enough for Premier League.

What you seem to forget, conveniently, Bannan played in the crucial victories over Reading and QPR. Without those six points, where would we be?

Your criticisms are completely unrealistic.

BTW we lost today's game. The fact we lost should tell you our remaining players, after Benteke went off, were not in the same class as the opposition.

Liverpool away remains the best result of the season. Bannan played in that win.

This is absolute dross - as usual.

I didn't forget that he played against QPR and Reading. We won these games despite him playing not because he did play. It's not all about Bannan you know. Get over him.

My criticisms are no where near as unrealistic as your ignorant defence of him.

We did lose todays game but I for one was happy with the performance we put it. It showed we can compete against the best teams in the land. We were very unfortunate and dominated large parts of the game in a vital area - MIDFIELD - something we have never done against even the poor teams with Bannan on the pitch.

Edited by AstonMartin82

You have the "wind in your sails" with Bannan not even on the bench and are choosing to take advantage of that to slate his entire game.

As a result, completely unrealistic criticisms that say more about you than him.

Bent is a great finisher and was not on the bench for many games this season. Not being on the bench doesn't make him any less a great finisher. We know he is because the stats show it. Same with Bannan and crossing. 

You have the "wind in your sails" with Bannan not even on the bench and are choosing to take advantage of that to slate his entire game.

As a result, completely unrealistic criticisms that say more about you than him.

Bent is a great finisher and was not on the bench for many games this season. Not being on the bench doesn't make him any less a great finisher. We know he is because the stats show it. Same with Bannan and crossing. 

Con, he's not on the bench because he is rubbish. Wake up and smell the coffee. You are wrong about Bannan. Very very wrong.

you really don't like me holding a different opinion as if me doing so could change reality (as you perceive it).

one person who believes Bannan might be a great player and he could become one, just because someone believed it and nobody else.

fact is, nowhere have I said he should be playing for a Champions League side. you made that up.

I let evidence inform my judgement and don't say "names" are great just because they're supposed to be worth a lot of money.

Look, the main gripe about Bannan's play was his defending and since he's gone out we've still not kept a clean sheet.

The only clean sheet's we've kept this season had Bannan in the side.

5 goals in two games against QPR and Reading show the scoring form was already in the side before he was replaced due to form.

I let evidence inform my judgement and don't say "names" are great just because they're supposed to be worth a lot of money.

Look, the main gripe about Bannan's play was his defending and since he's gone out we've still not kept a clean sheet.

The only clean sheet's we've kept this season had Bannan in the side.

5 goals in two games against QPR and Reading show the scoring form was already in the side before he was replaced due to form.

Absolute bollocks.

The main gripe about Bannan is that as our creative midfielder he hasn't scored a single goal all season and created one assist. The fact that he is also an absolute liability to our defence merely adds insult to injury.

Our midfield today was awesome. With Bannan in the game today we would have been walked all over.

Not a single one of our midfield is a "name" as you put it, so I don't even understand what your point is there. It's absolute bollocks like the rest of your points and I've never known anyone to talk as much shit as you do. 

Losing game is not awesome and we had lost the midfield 34% vs 66% before Ramires was sent off. We ended the game on 47% possession, so overall we lost the midfield. Saying anything else is being sentimental about your own team.

Yes there were periods when we appeared to be bossing it, but winning the midfield is much easier when the opposition has just had their DM sent off.