Barry Bannan

villianusa

My opinions are balanced and always have been.

No they haven't, you've basically used a few stats that validate your argument and said that makes him the player you claim to be.  That is not a balanced argument. 

My opinions are balanced and always have been.

:crylaugh:

This is possibly more ludicrous than your claims of Bannan playing for a Champions League team in the PL, him being the best player in the PL and the hatred at VillaTalk is going to relegate Villa. You are so biased towards Bannan that some of the forums think that you are actually Bannan and most think you are in some way affiliated with him.

When it comes to Bannan you are totally ignorant of the truth and only ever respond to questions which you have a defence for. You quote stat after stat after stat regarding Bannan, all of which have been proved to be flawed and you have no answer for, and refuse to answer any question with what you see with your eyes of Bannan on the pitch yet for other players you are more than happy to part with your opinion rather than make such a strong defense quoting stats. This is not what you call a balanced opinion. :D

:crylaugh:

This is possibly more ludicrous than your claims of Bannan playing for a Champions League team in the PL, him being the best player in the PL and the hatred at VillaTalk is going to relegate Villa. You are so biased towards Bannan that some of the forums think that you are actually Bannan and most think you are in some way affiliated with him.

When it comes to Bannan you are totally ignorant of the truth and only ever respond to questions which you have a defence for. You quote stat after stat after stat regarding Bannan, all of which have been proved to be flawed and you have no answer for, and refuse to answer any question with what you see with your eyes of Bannan on the pitch yet for other players you are more than happy to part with your opinion rather than make such a strong defense quoting stats. This is not what you call a balanced opinion. :D

Some of those claims would have been ludicrous if I'd said them but I didn't so they weren't.

In the eagerness to ridicule me I've been given a lot of opinions that some people really want me to hold because that would be funny and make me an easy target for correcting. 

The fact is I never said Bannan

* would soon be playing for a Champions League team

* was the best player in the PL

I did suggest

* concern the "hatred of Bannan is going to relegate Villa"... that doesn't seem to have happened. That was wrong. I was a legitimate concern since the stats showed we always seemed to win with Bannan.

When I say I had a balanced opinion, that is because I also have criticisms, I have an idea of the positive and negatives and readily admit them.

If you don't pick up on the criticisms then that's because you just like the idea of someone saying Bannan's a really great player who has no flaws in his game - a statement I don't agree with

Barry Bannan has some decent qualities but in my opinion he isn't a Premier League player. It seems to me that he doesn't fit the system of playing in the middle of a 4-3-3 either. He is too lightweight and he needs to go to maybe the Championship, play a regular number of games in a team that plays a 5 in the middle so he doesn't have to do too much defending or running but can spray the passes which is something he isn't too bad at.

Barry Bannan has some decent qualities but in my opinion he isn't a Premier League player. It seems to me that he doesn't fit the system of playing in the middle of a 4-3-3 either. He is too lightweight and he needs to go to maybe the Championship, play a regular number of games in a team that plays a 5 in the middle so he doesn't have to do too much defending or running but can spray the passes which is something he isn't too bad at.

Championship won't be better for him because it's even more physical than the Premier League.

What Bannan's good at is Champions League quality - set pieces and crosses. Okay, you could haggle me down to Premier League quality because we only got half a season's worth of data.

What Bannan's not good at is the competing for the ball.

In addition to this, as Alpaywasawesome hinted at earlier, he has not yet got used to being closed down as quickly as it occurs in Premier League (in 5 man midfields there would be even less space).

AWA also suggested a move to Spain or Italy might suit him. This is a reasonable suggestion given he is a continental-style technical player rather than the traditional British physical one.

He can still do a job though, and the jury is still out whether he will get used to the pace of the Premier League. That is why he may be held on to for another year.

Edited by Con

I disagree, the best ive seen Bannan this season was when we used 433 against Reading...

• Like 1

I disagree, the best ive seen Bannan this season was when we used 433 against Reading...

Probably more to do with the quality of the opposition than the formation.

What Bannan's good at is Champions League quality - set pieces and crosses. Okay, you could haggle me down to Premier League quality because we only got half a season's worth of data.

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh: He is one on of the worse set piece takers I've seen down villa for years

:crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh: He is one on of the worse set piece takers I've seen down villa for years

He is THE worst set piece taker Villa have had period. I can't be arsed to argue with Con anymore. He is clearly deluded and anything but balanced.

That is fair enough, I haven't seen as many games as others on here. But I have seen him play for Scotland a few times. He is ok in a 5 in midfield but I just don't think he has the quality to be a premier league player.

Best crosser in the league is not enough to get him into this Aston Villa side.

Good news is his place has been taken by Gardner. We all have high hopes of him. Would like him to get a run out.

Best crosser in the league is not enough to get him into this Aston Villa side.

Good news is his place has been taken by Gardner. We all have high hopes of him. Would like him to get a run out.

He's not the best crosser in the league Con. He is woeful at crossing. The site you get your stats from misclassifies rubbish crosses as successful ones.

He isn't in the SQUAD today because there isn't a single aspect of his game which is anywhere near Premier League quality.

He's not the best crosser in the league Con. He is woeful at crossing. The site you get your stats from misclassifies rubbish crosses as successful ones.

He isn't in the SQUAD today because there isn't a single aspect of his game which is anywhere near Premier League quality.

He's not even in the team and you're still slating him. I must conform to your opinion. 

Sorry, I won't, and no, I don't agree with you that both the websites have rubbish statistics.