Barry Bannan

villianusa

I think it's time some people stop making excuses for Delph and realise that we paid far too much for him.

Pretty much.. until now (it can change of course) he has shown nothing to state he is premier league quality.

I'd say both Bannan and Herd (will be interesting to see how he does against Spurs if he is fit) have shown alot more than Delph has in my opinion.. it might change but for now those two are ahead of him and rightly so.

Agree SGC, people seem to be forgetting Delph has been played out of position in the main, a run at LB for example ( where may I add he did very well)

Once he gets a run in his favoured position we'll see just how classy Delph is

£6m will seem a bargain

Agree SGC, people seem to be forgetting Delph has been played out of position in the main, a run at LB for example ( where may I add he did very well)

think he played twice there due to Houllier stubbornness and wasnt that good. Delph has looked very confused in midfield and people can blame manager but surely his inabilty to control and pass a ball isnt Eck fault

Once he gets a run in his favoured position we'll see just how classy Delph is

£6m will seem a bargain

Again, I've supported Delph a lot, I always thought he was our brightest prospect before you think I just don't like the guy but ....

He started the first 8 league games of this season, he was pretty disappointing on the whole. I still have hope there is a good player somewhere but it's fair to see why some may not have the same thoughts. 8 league games in a row is a fair run in the team to show something.

"in the main" as you say, he's played a helluva lot more at CM, than LB, probably just the 2/3 games at left back in his Villa career.

Before this season, every time he played CM, I thought he looked really good but this season, he's struggled and he's played a good amount of games.

I don't think anyone is saying that Delph couldn't be good, or that they don't want him to come good for us. All that we are saying is that he just hasn't done well thus far. I hope he improves and that he does come good for us but right now he isn't good enough.

Bannan is the better player of the two right now, as I said previously. Hopefully they will both have big futures with us, although if I had to put money on it right now then I would say Bannan will be the better of the two. This could easily change though or both could end up being a flop.

Anyway, I hope Bannan plays on Monday.

We will lose if it the same side from Norwich. We have a good young talent in Bannan so why not use him? Delph was given a decent amount of games to claim the starting CM spot, but his poor play opened the door for others. Now give Bannan a shot and hope for the best for Villa's sake.

In fairness, I think whatever team we put out we will lose this one

We can't defend, so we need to go on the front foot so can see there being plenty of goals, if Bent takes his 2 sitters we may come away with a draw

In fairness, I think whatever team we put out we will lose this one

We can't defend, so we need to go on the front foot so can see there being plenty of goals, if Bent takes his 2 sitters we may come away with a draw

I think a defensive pairing of Clark-Dunne will do the the job. Dunne needs to stop Adebayor and Clark would stop probably VDV or who else starts there if VDV is injured. I have lost all my faith in Collins. He is a headless chicken constantly making last ditch tackles. Dunne has to constantly cover for Collins errors. I also think Petrov-Herd can shut down their midfield. I'd also put Bannan as the CAM in front of those two and tell Bannan he has is the creator and doesn't really need to focus on defense. Then the normal front three. Looks something like this:

----------------Bent------------------

--Agbonlahor------------N'Zogbia--

----------------Bannan--------------

---------Petrov-------Herd----------

-Warnock--Clark--Dunne--Hutton-

----------------Given-----------------

I'd also like to swap N'zogbia for Albrighton but McLeish won't do that. N'Zogbia has been shite so why not let Albrighton run at Assou-Ekotto. Also with all of Albrighton's failed crosses and poor attempts, he creates quality chances. The lad tries and has determination which we need. We can't just let Gabby create all the chances.

Zog is just starting to settle, played the last 2 games ok

I'd definitely start him, agree Collins is a liability and I'm sick of his 50 yard trademark Hollywood ball into touch

Herd will play but Clark doesn't seem to be on Ecks menu

Everyone was ranting about Collins in his first year here. Since then its been downhill. He used to have Twitter but left after he got a mountain of abuse following a defeat, think his reaction was something like "Wow", are footballers that deluded they are surprised when people are angry?

Everyone was ranting about Collins in his first year here. Since then its been downhill. He used to have Twitter but left after he got a mountain of abuse following a defeat, think his reaction was something like "Wow", are footballers that deluded they are surprised when people are angry?
Wasn't it after the 7-1 defeat?

----------------Bent------------------

--Agbonlahor------------N'Zogbia--

----------------Bannan--------------

---------Petrov-------Herd----------

-Warnock--Clark--Dunne--Hutton-

----------------Given-----------------

Can't see this line up happening at all. Heskey and Collins will play and we will have to worry about Bale and Lennon cutting us to pieces, it's going to get messy! Hutton is bound to give away a penalty at WHL as a returning player. I take Jenas is not available otherwise I may have put as a likely starter ahead of Heskey?

Bannan and Delph will both be subs IMO.

Delph IMO has had a chance and his form has been rubbish and he looked out of his depth. I am sure he can control and pass a ball he just looks lost atm. For me Bannan has looked bright but he hasn't pulled up any trees yet. Time will tell on both but they both have potential which ever one shows it when their chance comes along will have a bright future in the side.