The New Condem Government

bickster

If I found somebody going through my bins at my home, it'd be hard to know what their intentions were

On the balance of probabilities, I'd say it would be someone on work experience with News International.

Unlikely. They all seem to use some professional who goes through people’s bins, I ve forgotten his name, but Private Eye used to feature him on a regular basis

You mean Benji the Binman.

But he's retired, there were always too many interesting bins for him to cover all on his lonesome, and anyway any good apprenticeship should incorporate learning some of the core skills of the profession in question.

So I stand by my suggestion.

What is Gove on?

Get state school kids to sit CE papers? Why?

Is he suggesting that state schools spend two or three years beforehand training the kids to sit an exam that only really has one purpose (i.e. to be used as an admissions tool for senior independent schools)?

And who is to mark them?

Absolutely spot-on Mr Chap !   If I searched all through my limited, and mostly profane, vocabulary I could never have come up with such a good description for this specimen, Gove, as "pip squeak"  as uttered by Tom Watson - Labour MP, West Bromwich !

I consider Gove to be the most dangerous man in the Conservative party and seems intent on destroying teachers much as Thatcher destroyed the miners . I'm sure that there are qualified teachers on here; so what do you think ? 

• Like 3

The governments deregulation bill, another attack on workers rights. Your health, your safety, your protection against unscrupulous employers, your protection against exploitation is unnecessary red tape according to Cameron.

Edited by Kingfisher

The governments deregulation bill, another attack on workers rights. Your health, your safety, your protection against unscrupulous employers, your protection against exploitation is unnecessary red tape according to Cameron.

I've read some reports on this bill from people that have examined it, and there is some really disturbing stuff hidden away in it's pages, if passed it could effectively end freedom of the press and the rights for the press to protect it's sources, The ability of ministers to repeal acts without any need to consult parliament or seek a vote on it. ass to this the gagging bill, and other draconian measures they have slipped through and you're left with one conclusion

Welcome to the neo-liberal, faux capitalist, totalitarian state

I've read some reports on this bill from people that have examined it, and there is some really disturbing stuff hidden away in it's pages, if passed it could effectively end freedom of the press and the rights for the press to protect it's sources, The ability of ministers to repeal acts without any need to consult parliament or seek a vote on it. ass to this the gagging bill, and other draconian measures they have slipped through and you're left with one conclusion

Welcome to the neo-liberal, faux capitalist, totalitarian state

Absolutely, it's all very sinister. This is bad for you, bad for the environment, bad for democracy, it's even no bloody use to good small employers. It's good for one small group of people. Edited by Kingfisher

So, as the SNP try to create a difficult position for the government on the bedroom tax, the UN again describe it as an an affront to human rights.

But Mr Shapps, he of the multiple identities, has dismissed it on the basis that it was written by "a woman from Brazil". It is not clear whether being a woman, or being from Brazil, is the more serious offence.

I suppose the Boys from Brazil would be more to his taste.

• Like 3

Have they commented on the final report? They needn't bother. We all know it will be something along the lines of '**** off you Marxist scum', as was their response to the preliminary findings. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to comment at all.

Â