The New Condem Government

bickster

Plonker in the audience on QT.

'If you're passionate about a subject, like science then you can teach it'

Absolute twaddle. So wrong.

As the saying goes ...Those that can do ... Those that can't teach

My daughter is off school tomorrow - ' Teacher development day ' .   I hope the authorities will reduce my inevitable fine for taking my kids out of school during term time for our annual holidays.  Swings and roundabouts .

Plonker in the audience on QT.

'If you're passionate about a subject, like science then you can teach it'

Absolute twaddle. So wrong.

As the saying goes ...Those that can do ... Those that can't work in the banking industry

That's more like it.

Edited by villaajax

Tbf if the police hadn't lied he wouldn't have been vindicated

I hate to break it to you, but he hasn't been.  No matter what the spin doctors, his mates, and their dinner party chums in the press would have us believe.

This one's starting to get on my tits.

They aren't spelt the same, they aren't pronounced the same, they don't mean the same.  So it doesn't take a genius to figure out they're not interchangeable.

hypercritical [ˌhaɪpəˈkrɪtɪkəl]adj excessively or severely critical; carping; captious

hyp·o·crit·i·cal  (hibreve.gifplprime.gifschwa.gif-kribreve.giftprime.gifibreve.gif-kschwa.gifl)

adj.
1. Characterized by hypocrisy: hypocritical praise.
2. Being a hypocrite: a hypocritical rogue.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you, but he hasn't been. No matter what the spin doctors, his mates, and their dinner party chums in the press would have us believe.
It was in response to Bicks post saying he will "likely" come out of it as a vindicated hero I know this story is a source of embarrassment to you as you wrongly jumped to conclusions to early but please at least read what was said Edited by tonyh29

They aren't spelt the same, they aren't pronounced the same, they don't mean the same. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out they're not interchangeable.

hypercritical [ˌhaɪpəˈkrɪtɪkəl]adj excessively or severely critical; carping; captious

hyp·o·crit·i·cal (hPosted ImagepPosted ImagePosted Image-krPosted ImagetPosted ImagePosted Image-kPosted Imagel)

adj.

Would it be hypercritical for a poster who moaned about the formatting of my posts to then post his own badly formatted post :winkold:

Interesting the comparisons being drawn with Hillsborough.

In Mitchell's case the police apparently refused to open the gate for a rude, mouthy individual who had no right to have the gate opened.

In the Hillsborough case the police apparently opened the gates for a gang of rude, mouthy individuals, who had no rights to have the gates opened by virtue of the fact that they were ticketless.

Of course, in both cases the police are entirely to blame, and in both cases the gate stormers are vindicated heroes.

That's a pretty sick comparison. 

In Mitchell's case, the conduct of the police which is now being criticised is making too harsh a judgement on Mitchell's actions in him implying the police were lying, but him failing either to back that up or climb down; them rushing to say as much to the tv, including calling for his resignation, possibly for political reasons; and failing to kowtow to Cameron and his stooges when instructed.

In the case of Hillsborough, the police are criticised for failing to exercise proper control of the crowd (the function for which they were employed that day); failing to respond to what commentators present at the scene said was an obvious and urgent calamity; giving false account of their actions; corruptly altering written statements after the event to disguise their incompetence; briefing the tame press (pray save us from Leveson) to print lies and libel; and using political connections to stifle any examination of their unlawful and corrupt behaviour.

In one case, someone had a slight disruption to his career path, which he had assumed to be laid out before him like diamonds before a conquering hero; in the other, 96 people lie dead.

There is no useful comparison to be made between these situations.

They aren't spelt the same, they aren't pronounced the same, they don't mean the same. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out they're not interchangeable.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal (hibreve.gifplprime.gifschwa.gif-kribreve.giftprime.gifibreve.gif-kschwa.gifl)

adj.

Would it be hypercritical for a poster who moaned about the formatting of my posts to then post his own badly formatted post :winkold:

No; but it might be hypocritical, depending on your view.  It would however would be hypercritical to complain about it.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to you, but he hasn't been. No matter what the spin doctors, his mates, and their dinner party chums in the press would have us believe.

It was in response to Bicks post saying he will "likely" come out of it as a vindicated hero

I know this story is a source of embarrassment to you as you wrongly jumped to conclusions to early but please at least read what was said

You do see the difference, I hope, between "come out of it as vindicated hero" and "he has been vindicated".  If not, then I think language has become like a rope bridge lost between two sides of a chasm, all connection impossible.

It was in response to Bicks post saying he will "likely" come out of it as a vindicated hero

I know this story is a source of embarrassment to you as you wrongly jumped to conclusions to early but please at least read what was said

You do see the difference, I hope, between "come out of it as vindicated hero" and "he has been vindicated". If not, then I think language has become like a rope bridge lost between two sides of a chasm, all connection impossible.

I know vt likes a point scoring over trivial matters but it was clear in what context it was being said in response to Bicks comment

(Btw i didn't say he "has" been vindicated )

But that aside what would you call it when police officers public accounts differ from a recorded account that shows the police officers lied .... Would it not be a vindication of some

sorts ?

My view is that, taken as a whole, the comments made by the federation representatives did have the impact of misleading the public as to what happened in that meeting,"

When asked whether he thinks Mitchell - who resigned his job in Cabinet shortly after the Sutton Coldfield meeting - is owed an apology for the way the case was handled, Reakes-Williams said: "Certainly I do."

And so on

Â