Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

tickets for the 1st Ashes test, 2015 go on general sale in approx 1 minute

cheapest adult ticket for any single day, days 1 to 4 = £62

Already got mine, 1st day of the third test, 2nd tier of the pavilion at Edgbaston. :D

Will be getting down to Edgbaston tomorrow about 1ish after i've picked my car up. Hopefully spend the afternoon watching us bowl them out! :D

The feeling is we will make 600 and then declare so maybe about half an hour after lunch we'll get them in again. I have feeling it could be all over tomorrow

• Like 1

tickets for the 1st Ashes test, 2015 go on general sale in approx 1 minute

cheapest adult ticket for any single day, days 1 to 4 = £62

Already got mine, 1st day of the third test, 2nd tier of the pavilion at Edgbaston. :D

Will be getting down to Edgbaston tomorrow about 1ish after i've picked my car up. Hopefully spend the afternoon watching us bowl them out! :D

The feeling is we will make 600 and then declare so maybe about half an hour after lunch we'll get them in again. I have feeling it could be all over tomorrow

Hopefully it all is. :D

Not sure maybe 30 degrees. what do you think?

According to The Grauniad, he'd have even failed that:

The suspended Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal had an average elbow extension of well over twice the allowable limit during testing of his bowling action in Australia last month.

Ajmal recorded an astonishing 40 degrees with a relatively small standard deviation of 2.5 degrees at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane, according to a 23-page report on the tests last month. The rules allow for an elbow extension of 15 degrees.

The report says none of the deliveries by Ajmal during the eight overs of testing – some overs were not of the usual six balls – came close to meeting International Cricket Council regulations. During testing, Ajmal bowled off-spin from both over and around the wicket, the doosra, and quicker balls.

Ajmal, the world’s top-ranked bowler in one-day internationals, was suspended by the ICC on Tuesday.

And what a turn around at New Road.

Worcs looked like losing the game in the middle of the afternoon yesterday and Shantry (whose previous highest score was around 50 odd) gets a ton off 89 balls and helps to set a target of 217. Surrey 106 for 1 and cruising - all out for 189.

Worcs promoted. :hooray:

Edit: Hugely indebted to Ajmal and his dodgy action, I must confess.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Edit or what snowy said :P Worcester just completed a magnificent comeback win over Surrey to secure promotion. Who needs Saeed anyway? :P

First innings deficit of 130 and in danger of posting a paltry lead to defend, Shantry hits an 86 ball century to post a lead of 217. Even so by lunch today Surrey in control at 120/2. Shantry completes a 10fer for the match ( first time a no 9 has done that plus a century in first class cricket!) and Ali grabs 4 to bowl them out for 189. Amazing!

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Edit or what snowy said :P Worcester just completed a magnificent comeback win over Surrey to secure promotion. Who needs Saeed anyway? :P

First innings deficit of 130 and in danger of posting a paltry lead to defend, Shantry hits an 86 ball century to post a lead of 217. Even so by lunch today Surrey in control at 120/2. Shantry completes a 10fer for the match ( first time a no 9 has done that plus a century in first class cricket!) and Ali grabs 4 to bowl them out for 189. Amazing!

Moeen should have grabbed a 4 for but dropped a simple caught and bowled off Ansari the previous over.  Hats off to Shantry. He doesn't look much, and bowls of the wrong foot but keeps getting wickets. and that 100 gave Worcester something to bowl at. Two easy wins for Warwickshire next season now  :)

Not in the squad. 

Varun Chopra (Captain)

Tim Ambrose (Wicket Keeper)

Rikki Clarke

Freddie Coleman

Laurie Evans

Recordo Gordon

Oliver Hannon-Dalby

Ateeq Javid

Pete McKay (Wicket Keeper)

Jeetan Patel

William Porterfield

Boyd Rankin

Jonathan Trott

Chris Woakes 

The bold ones will play so I guess it's between Javid, Gordon and Simpson. I'd go Javid I think.

Yes Javid will play.... At least Bell not  playing doesn't give Dougie a tough choice of dropping either Javid or Evans who have both played their part in getting us to the final.

Sad to see Bell isn't fit but he hasn't played in any of the group or knockout games so its kind of fitting you stick with the players that have got us there.

Edited by PaulC

Bell missing is of course a blow, but as Paul alludes to it means that Dougie won't have to drop either Javid or Evans who don't deserve to be dropped anyway.

Im really confident about tomorrow, but even if we lose we still would have had a great season and a lot of positives to take.

Will have to try and make it on Thursday for the final game against Durham at Edgbaston.

Obviously batting in those conditions was tough but when you look at some of the dismisalls we should have done better. looked like we were making a recovery with Woakes and Chopra but poor shot by Woakes.. Be annoying if Calum Macleod, who is such a nice person btw, scores the bulk of the runs after taking that catch.  Around about 2006/7 all the talk at warwickshire was about Woakes and Macleod. Macleod had problems with the leagality of his bowling action and now is just a batsman.

Just back in.

Annoying that the final is so late on in the year because the conditions are a lot more prevalent. The toss and our stupid mistakes (especially the last five wickets) won them the game. If we had Bell I think we'd have pissed it. 

Felt that a lot didn't go our way either, I reckon they scored about 25 runs from inside or outside edges. 

Atmosphere was great too, not had that much fun at a cricket match before. 

All in all, I'm just absolutely devastated we lost that. 

We actually got alot closer to Durham than I thought we would as both Clarke and Patel bowled magnificently. Not to mention Chopra's brilliant knock in our innings.

Poor shots from the top order batsmen and poor bowling from our other seamers lost us the match.

It was also nice to see Lords looking quite full aswell considering it was a miserable Saturday September afternoon when there is football on, the noise when Warwickshire took a wicket was quite something.

Secure second in the Championship this week and then onwards and upwards to next year, where we will win the treble.  :D  :D  :D

Edited by Avfc96

Â