Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

n00b question alert!

Is there any disadvantage to me getting the 16GB Galaxy S3 and relying on removable storage (i.e getting a 32gb card so I have 48gb in total) as opposed to plumping for the 32GB version?

Cheers buddy. I didn't know that so that's helpful, just have to make sure all the apps go on the internal storage.

My current phone is 32gb and it's pretty much fine. So if I get the 16gb S3 and just get a 32 or even 64gb SD card that'll be more than enough for me.

Ringing O2 tonight to ask for my upgrade. Hoorah! Hopefully they'll lower their price a bit. As far as I can tell they're pretty much the most expensive network for the S3

Not bothered about that.

I'll probably keep it for the duration of the contract and then palm it off on my sister or my parents when I upgrade in future so won't be getting any money for it anyway

I find what has served me best is storing my music library on one big sd card so seamless transition between phones. As I use a smaller phone for running it's a boon having my library swappable.

You will not encounter any problems with a 16gb version of the phone if you use the storage simply for apps.

By the way I know you'll end up loving widgets. They are a fundamental necessity. Imagine not having a music player widget! Having to actually go into the music player app seems unnecessary. And twitter the thing was made for widgets.

I love widgets, lets me get my phone to do what I require of it.

Don't really use them. I find shortcuts much more useful. Most widgets don't do the exact thing I want to use the app for, so I'll just into the app anyway.

Shortcuts, on the other hand are amazing. Direct link to a contact's work number, 1 tap to start navigation and nav you home from anywhere, 1 tap to start playing a specific playlist etc.

Actually, I'm talking shit. Since ICS, they're no longer called shortcuts, they're integrated in with widgets. So yeah, I agree ;)

They should just call it "shit that makes life easier" as it's essentially what it is.

I do love shortcut playlists though. I've like 5 done already since I got the phone. Also I switched to Nova launcher as it's frankly the coolest.

Also widget locker app is exceptional too, get everywhere from the lock screen.

Cheers buddy. I didn't know that so that's helpful, just have to make sure all the apps go on the internal storage.

My current phone is 32gb and it's pretty much fine. So if I get the 16gb S3 and just get a 32 or even 64gb SD card that'll be more than enough for me.

Ringing O2 tonight to ask for my upgrade. Hoorah! Hopefully they'll lower their price a bit. As far as I can tell they're pretty much the most expensive network for the S3

Tell them you want to cancel your contract and speak to retentions, you will get a much better deal.

Still undecided what to do, wait and see what apple have to offer or just go for the S3?

The main thing stopping me is the amount of apps I have and having phone envy if the new iphone is awesome.

Tell them you want to cancel your contract and speak to retentions, you will get a much better deal.

Yeah that's my plan.

Just rang them now to ask about upgrade prices (their website is the most un-user friendly website in the world. When I finally found the upgrade bit I was told "You don't have any accounts to upgrade")

They said they won't budge on the prices. But they're so much more expensive than anyone else, which the woman actually admitted to me over the phone, she sounded like people say that all the time. Said I'd think about it, but in reality I'm just writing down a few other prices so I have some ammo when I ring back to ask to be disconnected.

The good thing is, if they don't budge and do disconnect me, I don't really mind. As I said before, I can get 20% off with Vodafone. I'd rather stay with O2 because I've never had a problem with them, but it'snot really any skin off my back if they let me go

Why not T-Mobile? Always been really happy with them.

Yeah that's an option too. i said Vodafone because it was cheapest with my discount, but given people I know's experience with them I may well go with T-Mobile

Or you can use giffgaff and stop the madness of contracts.

Granted I haven't looked into it extensively, but I don't think Giff Gaff works out any cheaper than the £26per month T-Mobile contract (assuming I'd pay off the cost of the handset over the same 24 month period)

Â